on 4/28/2018 5:45:12 PM
Kendall Donnerson | Edge | Southeast Missouri St. | 6'3" - 236 lbs.
4.48 in the forty yard dashOverview
Donnerson's tape is nowhere near draftable in terms of his skill set, but from an athletic standpoint, his testing numbers are beyond rare for his size. Donnerson is a project that teams might not be willing to draft, but will be more than happy to stash on the practice squad as a PFA while they try and improve his technique and skill, hoping to unlock his athletic gifts. At this point, Donnerson is no more than a lottery scratch-off with the potential for a tremendous pay-off, but with the odds against it.
- Athletic testing was on the elite end of the scale and would have dominated at the Combine
- At 250 pounds he posted a 4.48-second 40-yard dash, 40-inch vertical, 10-foot-11 broad jump and 7.03 three-cone
- Sudden lateral bursts as edge defender to widen out and close off perimeter runs
- Shows ability to flip hips over the top of the tackle as a rusher
- Big closing burst to the quarterback after he flattens around the arc
- Well-proportioned build with sturdy, balanced base through contact
- Smooth in space when asked to drop into coverage
- Nowhere near skilled enough as an edge defender at this point
- Doesn't show consistent ability to dominate at the lower level
- Considered more workout warrior than pro prospect currently
- Below average motor and instincts
- Needs to play much faster -- especially with upfield burst as rusher
- Lacks hand usage, go-to rush moves and workable counters
- Would like to see him take control at point of attack when setting the edge
- Doesn't play with enough knee bend in space.