DakotaT
12 years ago
I would say adversity tests your character, but doesn't build your character. You either have the nads to handle shit or you don't. Now I'll go as far as to say that all the things I have been through in my life prepared me for this last year with Mia, but my wife was not prepared in any way, shape, or form because of growing up in fairytale land. So therefore I guess my formitive years ended up being a blessing in disguise.

But to say I am a better man because of all of it is BS. I may have understanding of things because of it, but I was a pretty happy, thoughtful, beautiful person prior to my hard knocks and will not subscribe to that line of thinking that all of this has improved me.

I am hard and unempathetic to many things that people regularly complain about. This is not a good thing, but it is a direct reaction to my life as it has played out. When I hear a wealthy person that went from their Daddy's couche, to the frat house, to their 6 figure salary sitting in a soft chair complain about welfare and taxes - I seriously want to rip his head off. But this person has the right to his opinion because afterall, he is only a product of his environment as am I.

Anyway back on point - "DakotaT's family can now see the light at the end of the tunnel."

Thanks for all the help boys.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

Yeah, but if you get stronger because of your mindset, it is not really the circumstances of your life making you stronger, but your own decisions and determination -- which was my point all along.

Speaking of quotes of the day, here's the latest excuse for calling in sick:

Sorry I can't come in today. I've a touch of the womb fury.[happy] [roflmao]

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I'm going back on my word. I'll end my post with a quote to make up for it.

Exactly. It ALWAYS is your own decision/determination that makes one stronger. But sometimes (hell, even most of the time) it takes adversity or ill-gotten circumstances to expose this. Thus, tying one's mindset to the bad circumstances. Anyway, as far as I understand it, we pretty much agree just are coming from different ends of the spectrum (me not being a details guy and you analyzing the semantics). =)

When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home. - Sir Winston Churchill
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
This one should be used as a signature by someone. 🤔

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I once translated this into German as Ich sagte nie, dass du die Schuld hast. Ich sagte nur, dass ich dir die Schuld gäbe. ("I never said it was your fault -- I just said I would blame you.")
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
12 years ago

I once translated this into German as Ich sagte nie, dass du die Schuld hast. Ich sagte nur, dass ich dir die Schuld geben würde. ("I never said it was your fault -- I just said I would blame you.")

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I thought this would end with a funny anecdote... Now I'm just dissapointed.

"Nom Nom Nom" - Cookie Monster.
wpr
  • wpr
12 years ago

I thought this would end with a funny anecdote... Now I'm just dissapointed.

"Nom Nom Nom" - Cookie Monster.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Cookie monster is best post yet. Thumb up for you.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Well, I originally translated the saying as Ich sagte nie, dass du die Schuld hast. Ich sagte nur, dass ich dir die Schuld gäbe. A native German walked into the common area of the Studentenwohnheim where I was staying at the time, read the sign, and asked, "What does gäbe mean?" I was floored that a native speaker wouldn't understand a perfectly grammatical sentence, so I dutifully changed it to Ich sagte nie, dass du die Schuld hast. Ich sagte nur, dass ich dir die Schuld geben würde (which means exactly the same thing), and then he got it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
12 years ago
^ so wise. so flexible. so accommodating.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
A timely quote of my own making...

"Without opposing forces in life, one cannot expect to develop and maintain a collective balance."

In other words.. do you define the course of your life or do you learn as you go through life, adjust and it partial develops you?

To me.. it is irrational to think that life events themselves do not develop you as a human being..  it is your choice in weather they shape you in a positive or negative effect.

Basically... all of us are dealt negatives in life.. learning to deal with them and more importantly utilize them positively is the trick.

Without that.. we all become a "victim". IMO.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
12 years ago
Now back on topic..

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

And lastly...

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (4h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
    beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
    wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
    Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
    Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.