play2win
11 years ago

What will be interesting is whether Finley finds a new agent.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Absolutely. This is Finley's livelihood. I can't imagine this is sitting well with anyone in the Packers organization, Finley, himself, included. Unless... Baratz's comments reflected those of his client, and he simply failed to use his better judgement.

Look, I get Zero2Cool lumping me into some kind of "mob = stupidity" category (which I do not appreciate BTW) simply for my posting this. However, I am not buying any of what Finley is selling. If his own agent starts calling out the leader of our entire offense, something is rotten.

This from USA Today:

"Finley came out in June and stressed the importance of having a relationship with Rodgers in the Journal-Sentinel.

"Having an off-season, having chemistry with your quarterback is a big key to success," Finley said. "I promise you."

Baratz's comments are strange for a litany of reasons. A few of the more compelling include:

1. Baratz deftly undermines Finley's summer comments about chemistry in 140 characters.

2. Why would a man who makes his living representing NFL players, disparage NFL players publicly?

3. It's in Baratz's, best interest to have Aaron Rodgers happy, confident, and willing to throw to his client.

4. It's just a bad opinion. Rodgers is an elite quarterback."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/18/green-bay-packers-jermichael-finleys-agent-calls-out-aaron-rodgers-leadership-baratz/70000567/1#.UFjQmY6f_0c 

Am I hoping, as a fan, that these were simply foolish, reckless comments by Finley's agent? YES!!! I'm hoping Finley's turnaround in his public statements since 2010 are real and sincere. I'm also hoping he can put his money where his mouth is and start playing the kind of football that he is paid to play. However, his play has not been anything close to what we were lead to believe it would be, and these comments by Baratz are by no means helpful to our team.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Opinions are like A-holes.....everyone has one.

I LOVED Jones reply about AROD though.
He has the right attitude. He knew he messed up, and AROD was just letting his emotions get to him.
What would you rather have? A QB that doesn't care, or one that SHOWS he cares, not only by his yelling but by his own actions? Aaron Rodgers puts his own body on the line every play, and will do whatever he can to win a game. Jones sees that, and knows that.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Jones definately is displaying the proper attitude. Especially when you consider, that Rodgers never should have thrown that pass in the first place. Jones only cut the route because the defender was standing right in the middle of it. ARod should have seen that as well.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
gbguy20
11 years ago
he has since deleted the tweet but finley spoke out saying those are not is thoughts.

jones also spoke out on the subject of rodgers yelling at him:

http://blog.packers.com/2012/09/18/jones-not-upset-with-rodgers/ 
play2win
11 years ago

Prime example of people quick to slam Finley for things unnecessary. We want people to speak their mind, but when they do, they become targets. The mob = the stupid. Now we should trade Finley because of his agents comments??? Yeah, point the finger at Finley.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

FYI, Finley is on pace to more than DOUBLE his drop total from 2011.

His agent's comments, along with his own subpar play, make me question just about everything regarding Jermichael Finley. Until I start seeing more of a commitment to our team's success, I will have my doubts.
gbguy20
11 years ago

FYI, Finley is on pace to more than DOUBLE his drop total from 2011.

His agent's comments, along with his own subpar play, make me question just about everything regarding Jermichael Finley. Until I start seeing more of a commitment to our team's success, I will have my doubts.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

That's like saying clay matthews will end the season with 48 sacks...

2 games is way too small of a sample size folks. also, those plays that are considered "drops"
weren't all the easiest catches in the world.
zombieslayer
11 years ago
I don't know how agent contracts are setup.

If it's easy for Finley to dump his contract and find another agent (that is, if he plans to stay on the Packers), he should find another agent.

🇦🇷 is 🇹🇹's boy. He's not going anywhere.

Very unprofessional for an agent to say this about the Packers best player since the Lombardi years.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Baratz just went on my "Asshole List" right next to Drew Rottencrocth. Is it worth keeping Finley if he's going to retain an agent like this...I don't know? Just asking...because it could be a cancer as others have mentioned. Talking up your own player is one thing...talking down another player is something else.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
play2win
11 years ago

Then why not question Bishop since he has the same agent?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Des Bishop is one of the best players on our team. He has been 100% prepared going into every game he's played, and has shown himself to be a team player. Finley OTOH has the history of pouting and complaining when things didn't go his way. Granted, Finley has not done much of that since we won the SB. However, he did plenty of bitching prior to that, and that is why I am calling these comments by his agent into question.

Regardless, those are strong words Baratz chose to use, they make little sense, and they raise many questions.
Pack93z
11 years ago

I don't know how agent contracts are setup.

If it's easy for Finley to dump his contract and find another agent (that is, if he plans to stay on the Packers), he should find another agent.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

If I read your comments correct.. thoughts. Although after posting.. maybe the contract you mention is between agent and players.. if so.. never mind. lol.

He wouldn't dump his contract with the Packers.. his contract is valid unless voided by the club.

Finley could dump his agent now and retain a new one, however the new agent would garner no compensation from Finley's current deal. That money is already due to his current agent, any cut would still go to him if he dumps the agent.

Depending on the contract between Finley and Baratz.. there may be other clauses in which one or the other owes money.. but that would have no bearing on the contract between Finley and the Packers.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Des Bishop is one of the best players on our team. He has been 100% prepared going into every game he's played, and has shown himself to be a team player. Finley OTOH has the history of pouting and complaining when things didn't go his way. Granted, Finley has not done much of that since we won the SB. However, he did plenty of bitching prior to that, and that is why I am calling these comments by his agent into question.

Regardless, those are strong words Baratz chose to use, they make little sense, and they raise many questions.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I've seen bishop mess up plays and miss assignemts, probably as much as Finley. It just doesn't get the publicity because he is on defense and it doesn't stand out as much. The entier History of pouting and complaining has been greatly blown out of proportion. He just keeps himself in the public more than Bishop. That has no bearing on how well they are prepared. Nothing like speculation.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.