PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I've heard people complaining about the performance of just about everyone... The line as a whole, Rodgers, Crosby, Masthay, Finley, DJ Williams, Driver, you name it. I think we're all damned spoiled.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

But when they are criticized, it has been justified. Finley has been sitting at 4 drops since what, week 3?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
earthquake
11 years ago

But when they are criticized, it has been justified. Finley has been sitting at 4 drops since what, week 3?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

He's also has a measly 13 catches for 132 yards and 0 tds in the five games since week 3 as well, which is reason enough to be critical of him. Most of which have been games without Jennings so there should have been plenty of opportunities for him to put up some big numbers.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

He's also has a measly 13 catches for 132 yards and 0 tds in the five games since week 3 as well, which is reason enough to be critical of him. Most of which have been games without Jennings so there should have been plenty of opportunities for him to put up some big numbers.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Not having Jennnigs, does not give Finley more opportunities, it makes it possible for the defense to cover him tighter because of not having to worry about Jennings. Finley is going to get the same amount of snaps. Jennings out gives another WR more oppourtunity.

He can't throw the ball to himself.

I'll go back through the game later this week, and pay attention to Finley to see the coverage on him, and if he is just being overlooked, or if it is coverage or just not getting open more that is causing fewer targets. It could be that Rodgers has been told that he was trying to force it to Finley to much.
doddpower
11 years ago

I'll go back through the game later this week, and pay attention to Finley to see the coverage on him, and if he is just being overlooked, or if it is coverage or just not getting open more that is causing fewer targets.

Why wouldn't Rodgers overlook Finley? I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the guy to make a tough catch over the middle at this point. I would personally trust Jones and Cobb more. When a player fails to make many clutch plays, it's only natural for them to drop down the progression a little bit.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Why wouldn't Rodgers overlook Finley? I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the guy to make a tough catch over the middle at this point. I would personally trust Jones and Cobb more. When a player fails to make many clutch plays, it's only natural for them to drop down the progression a little bit.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Could it be, that Finley was having drops because he was getting targeted more, now that the targets have shifted, Cobb has as many drops as Finley.
doddpower
11 years ago

Could it be, that Finley was having drops because he was getting targeted more, now that the targets have shifted, Cobb has as many drops as Finley.

I don't have time to dig through football stats at the moment. All I can say is I know Randall Cobb has been consistently producing recently and Finley hasn't contributed much. It's one thing to drop passes, but if one is still producing, it's not as big of a deal. But several drops in addition to a lack of production isn't good. I'd be looking for Randall Cobb before Finley, unquestionably (and Nelson, Jennings, and Jones). Unfortunately, I'm not the QB of the Packers, though. =/

EDIT: And constant talk to the media doesn't help his case, even if it's minor comments. Just shut up and keep practicing and playing hard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/jermichael-finley-disappointed-after-beating-jaguars/ 
Pack93z
11 years ago
I don't have much issue with Finley on the football field past his showboating nonsense over a rather routine play. He is helping the team through simply lining up.. if he can straighten out his drop issue (which apparently is almost flawless in practice, which probably is more mental than physical) all the better.

But he has to learn to either explain his points better or calm down and keep his emotions in check while talking to the press. Or stop talking so they don't nitpick them apart.

Yesterday it is the defense against the offense.. yada yada yada. I wish he would just calm down the talk in the press and let his actions show the way.

I firmly believe he has a fragile ego and needs to psych himself up in compensation.. let all this nonsense of chemistry go and just relax, play the game and catch the football.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I don't have time to dig through football stats at the moment. All I can say is I know Randall Cobb has been consistently producing recently and Finley hasn't contributed much. It's one thing to drop passes, but if one is still producing, it's not as big of a deal. But several drops in addition to a lack of production isn't good. I'd be looking for Randall Cobb before Finley, unquestionably (and Nelson, Jennings, and Jones). Unfortunately, I'm not the QB of the Packers, though. =/

EDIT: And constant talk to the media doesn't help his case, even if it's minor comments. Just shut up and keep practicing and playing hard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/jermichael-finley-disappointed-after-beating-jaguars/ 

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

And what is wrong with his comments? Was he not right?

Is it suprising that Finley has gone down in production, when Jennings has been out of games, when defenses can shift coverages to him? NO. Is is suprising that Cobb has increased? NO. It was expected. Much of Cobbs production comes from routes that get cleared by Finley pulling coverage away.

Pack93z
11 years ago

Is is suprising that Cobb has increased? NO. It was expected. Much of Cobbs production comes from routes that get cleared by Finley pulling coverage away.

This is what many are missing in terms of what Finley does for us passed the catches (and drops) and his other contributions to the team.

That defenses still fear him.. and as long as he does that, he still is a production player for the Packers. Catches and impact plays are a bonus.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
nerdmann
11 years ago

This is what many are missing in terms of what Finley does for us passed the catches (and drops) and his other contributions to the team.

That defenses still fear him.. and as long as he does that, he still is a production player for the Packers. Catches and impact plays are a bonus.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

DO they still fear him?

He's still tall, but he's not nearly as athletic as pre-knee injury, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”