Zero2Cool
10 years ago
What a damn baby.

Greg Jennings appears to have been slightly miffed by the ribbing he’s been receiving from his former Green Bay Packers teammates – namely quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver James Jones.

Last month, when asked about Jennings at a function, Rodgers replied “who?” in reference to the receiver who walked away from a contract proposal offered by the Packers and signed instead with the Minnesota Vikings in February.

Again today, here’s what Jones had to say in referencing a question about not having either Jennings or former Packer Donald Driver on the team:
“Yeah those are my dogs, but I don’t like Greg no more. He left us. But ‘D-Drive’ is my dog.”
Jennings who was interviewed today and asked to give comparisons between Rodgers, former Packers and Vikings QB Brett Favre and current Vikings QB Christian Ponder, Jenning said, “I’ll take Brett. He did it for so long. I got there in a period of time where Brett already was thee(as an elite quarterback). Then the guy they have now, he sat behind Brett and he learned so much,” he said in referencing Aaron Rodgers.

First of all, Rodgers’ “who” comment was in jest, whereas Jennings’ seems a bit on the arrogant and irritated side of things. We know he doesn’t forget those two perfectly placed touchdown passes Rodgers threw to him in Super Bowl XLV. When he treats him like Voldomort and won’t mention him by name, that’s a slap in the face.

In my opinion watching his reaction this season when he starts to figure out a way to catch the ducks thrown by Ponder, no doubt Jenning will be forced into fond memories of his former quarterback.

LombardiAve  wrote:

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
Playing with an inaccurate quarterback can leave a receiver very vulnerable to taking big shots. Jennings got paid, but I think just might pay for it in pain.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
who cares? Aaron Rodgers and JJ are saying they they have moved on and to stop asking them about former teammates.
Jennings is being all pouty because they are dissing him and not falling into a heap wailing that the team won't be the same. Get over it Greg and enjoy the hits you are going to take this year. Bet you miss a few games because of injuries.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

who cares? Aaron Rodgers and JJ are saying they they have moved on and to stop asking them about former teammates.
Jennings is being all pouty because they are dissing him and not falling into a heap wailing that the team won't be the same. Get over it Greg and enjoy the hits you are going to take this year. Bet you miss a few games because of injuries.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

To some extent, I agree, but it seems to me that Jennings just may have been giving a fairly honest answer to the question. He said Favre was already on top when he got to Green Bay - for sure. He said Aaron Rodgers sat behind Favre and learned so much (50% what to do, 50% what not to do hahahaha). That's true enough also. What do you expect him to do? Express a controversial opinion one way or the other?

Greg Jennings is a preacher's son. By all evidence, he has always been a solid citizen and a good person. I hope he gets crunched just enough waiting for Ponder's ducks that he has a short undistinguished career in Minnesota, then goes on to a happy life and maybe makes it to the Packer Hall of Fame.

As for this Favre v. Rodgers thing, people need to get over it! Both were/are simply MAGNIFICENT. Favre IS the greatest player in NFL history; Rodgers WILL BE the greatest player in NFL history if he stays healthy. Right now, he's the best QB on the planet, maybe ever.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Tx,

Just because daddy is a preacher don't mean the kid has any integrity one way or the other. (I am not speaking specifically about Greg.) I have seen way too many PKs and grandkids that were holy terrors.

Back to Greg's comment. What he said may in part be true but it is how he says it. Not even mentioning Aaron's name was a retort to Aaron saying "who?" And He is giving Brett way too much credit for AR's skills. The first year Brett would have nothing to do with Aaron at all. The second year when they changed some of the wording of the plays and Brett showed up late because he was considering retiring yet again it was Aaron who came to Brett and showed him his notes and where the terminology had changed. Aaron helped Brett first. Then Brett was his buddy. There is no doubt the young QB learned stuff from the old pro. But keep in mind Brett's style was so unorthodox that coaches and commentators kept saying that his style was not teachable.

so long story short. Greg at the very least shaded the truth and most lied to try and get a dig at Aaron. Most likely the first and not the second.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
10 years ago
You nailed it wpr
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Tx,

Just because daddy is a preacher don't mean the kid has any integrity one way or the other. (I am not speaking specifically about Greg.) I have seen way too many PKs and grandkids that were holy terrors.

Back to Greg's comment. What he said may in part be true but it is how he says it. Not even mentioning Aaron's name was a retort to Aaron saying "who?" And He is giving Brett way too much credit for AR's skills. The first year Brett would have nothing to do with Aaron at all. The second year when they changed some of the wording of the plays and Brett showed up late because he was considering retiring yet again it was Aaron who came to Brett and showed him his notes and where the terminology had changed. Aaron helped Brett first. Then Brett was his buddy. There is no doubt the young QB learned stuff from the old pro. But keep in mind Brett's style was so unorthodox that coaches and commentators kept saying that his style was not teachable.

so long story short. Greg at the very least shaded the truth and most lied to try and get a dig at Aaron. Most likely the first and not the second.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Oh so much negativity hahahaha. Maybe you're right and maybe you're not hahahaha. Did you hear his tone of voice? Yeah, probably the no mention of Aaron's name was related to the "who" thing, but I suspect it was all good fun - said the same way Rodgers said what he said. And yeah, I've known a couple of bad sons of a preacher man hahahaha, but mostly, and in particular everything I've heard about Jennings, they are above average people. And you can see from Aaron Rodgers game some specific things he copied of Favre, as well as a few others it seems he is extra careful to not do like Favre. THAT is learning. You want a couple of specifics? Spreading around his passes and getting chummy with some of the better D players of the other team. Avoidance: putting the ball up for grabs maybe? Jump balls?

I don't think either Rodgers or Jennings were petty or malicious about this; I think it's the Packer fans - in some cases - who are reading into it stuff that wasn't intended.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago
They're just talking shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Oh so much negativity hahahaha. Maybe you're right and maybe you're not hahahaha. Did you hear his tone of voice? Yeah, probably the no mention of Aaron's name was related to the "who" thing, but I suspect it was all good fun - said the same way Rodgers said what he said. And yeah, I've known a couple of bad sons of a preacher man hahahaha, but mostly, and in particular everything I've heard about Jennings, they are above average people. And you can see from Aaron Rodgers game some specific things he copied of Favre, as well as a few others it seems he is extra careful to not do like Favre. THAT is learning. You want a couple of specifics? Spreading around his passes and getting chummy with some of the better D players of the other team. Avoidance: putting the ball up for grabs maybe? Jump balls?

I don't think either Rodgers or Jennings were petty or malicious about this; I think it's the Packer fans - in some cases - who are reading into it stuff that wasn't intended.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Tx,

It is the off season and we don't have much going on so I will comment on your comment of my comment of your comment. [grin1]

maybe I am right. Who knows? None of us that waste our time around here do that'[s for sure. One thing for sure, I majored in tone inflection inference off the printed page while in college. It was a very small major. Only myself and some dude that fled Iran when the Shah was deposed.

Of course they were jabbing at each other via the media. They are bored too.

As to the Jennings family- the only thing negative I ever heard was his sister's twitter comments last season. She wants to see Greg catch 20 balls a game and get 10 tds. I don't blame her. She is not as media savvy so she didn't think about the ramifications for expressing her opinion.

Now to the specifics of this post- As I said (typed actually) no doubt Aaron learned things from Brett. He would be stupid if he didn't. Just like he has learned things from other NFL qbs when he watches them in a game on on tape.

That said I seriously question whether or not Aaron "learned" to spread the ball around from Brett. First and foremost was his college playing days. I did a check check of his 2004 senior season. He averaged 7 different receivers a game. (This can be tainted as in blow outs and specialty plays others passed the ball too.) The was only 1 game when only 5 players caught the ball. (The AZ game is not in the ESPN files so I am looking at 11 games not 12.) 4 times there were 7 receivers. 4 times there were 8 or 9 different receivers. That is not bad considering it is college and the skill level is not the same from top to bottom.

Next you are totally ignoring the Packers HC & QB Coaches encouraging him to spread the ball around just like they encouraged Brett to do.

Finally there is the ability of the players. They have some impact on whether or not Aaron and Brett were going to get them the ball by the routes they ran.

Last comment is whether or not Aaron Rodgers learned to be chummy with the defense. Idunno. it seems to fit his personality. I think he would have done it even if Brett didn't. His personality is a lot different that Cutler's. Even if Cutler was the league MVP I don't see him being relaxed enough to laugh when he takes a hit like Aaron can. Aaron certainly did see Brett do this and he probably laughed along with the rest of the team. That doesn't mean because Brett did it he was going to emulated his behavior.

Carry on.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

They're just talking shit.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

man nerd you are so profound. =d> I wish we had a way to write down all of your deepest thoughts and save them for posterity. What the kids would learn if only they had to take nermann 101 in school. :-"
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.