nerdmann
10 years ago
If you don't think you can get it done, you shouldn't be on the field.

At least let Tolzien takes some reps during the week, if you're gonna bitch out on the first series. Jay Cutler, without the arm. Or the height.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
10 years ago

If you don't think you can get it done, you shouldn't be on the field.

At least let Tolzien takes some reps during the week, if you're gonna bitch out on the first series. Jay Cutler, without the arm. Or the height.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

But I thought you said he was going to be so effective running the dink and dunk offense?
nerdmann
10 years ago

But I thought you said he was going to be so effective running the dink and dunk offense?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

The offense was remarkably efficient, no?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
StoicFire
10 years ago
I was excited to see what Wallace could do after a week of game-planning and reps with the ones. Turns out I never really got to find out. Really tough break having to bring in a backup early in the first quarter in consecutive weeks.

That being said, I'd really hate to look like a Bears fan by ripping into an injured player for following the suggestions of the medical staff and staying on the sideline. I have trouble believing his will to play was the issue. My guess is he was actually hurt.

All things considered though, I thought Tolzien played relatively well. Sure he stared down his receivers, and sure many of his throws were a little behind, but he gave us a chance.

I don't think Seneca Wallace lost this game for us. The defense underperformed badly when we needed them, and the refs didn't help us out much either. This one certainly hurts.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
luigis
10 years ago
Call me crazy but:

In practice Mike McCarthy sees Wallace can't really throw the long ball any more.
He goes and says "Seneca I need to bench him but let's play 1 series and then say you get injured"

Tolzien was too ready to play, Seneca was too confortable to be out of the game... Did he look furious? No Did he jump all around asking to return? No. Everything was too strange to my eyes.

This was all staged, I'm probably way wrong but I can't stop thinking about it.

Edit: And now Mike McCarthy names Tolzien the starter against the Giants regardless of Wallace's status.
Luis
nerdmann
10 years ago

Call me crazy but:

In practice Mike McCarthy sees Wallace can't really throw the long ball any more.
He goes and says "Seneca I need to bench him but let's play 1 series and then say you get injured"

Tolzien was too ready to play, Seneca was too confortable to be out of the game... Did he look furious? No Did he jump all around asking to return? No. Everything was too strange to my eyes.

Edit: And now Mike McCarthy names Tolzien the starter against the Giants regardless of Wallace's status.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Word is in postgame press conference, Mike was furious when he named Tolzien the starter.
rabidgopher04
10 years ago

Word is in postgame press conference, Mike was furious when he named Tolzien the starter.

Furious in what way?
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
luigis
10 years ago

That was the cherry in the cake. Mike McCarthy is such a bad actor, really... I think this was all staged. Maybe because that's better for Wallace.

Luis
beast
10 years ago

Call me crazy but:

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Wow, really? SMH... Seems like there is a comparative theory for everything theses days.

I can't see Wallace (or anyone else) giving up the money and playingtime just for the sake of others and even if it's only back-up money or minmum NFL vet wage, that's still a good bit and Wallace knew if he showed very well he's probably be getting NFL try out offers for the next 2 or 3 years. I can't see him giving all that up.

And why would Mike McCarthy waste the time and reps with Wallace if he thought another QB was better?

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

Furious with Wallace?

Where does this come from? Sounds like some stupid-ass media comment.

I can see him being furious: (i) at the defense; (ii) at the officials; (iii) at Capers; (iv) at the useless defense who let a Chip Kelly offense take the last 9 1/2 minutes.

But I can't see why he'd be mad at Wallace or why any of the above mads would make him to declare Tolzein the starter.

Or was he declaring that Tolzein would be the starting defensive coordinator? [grin1]

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (17h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.