buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

This could be a defining moment in the opposite direction too. I honestly don't believe the majority of our players are as bad as they have shown these past 5 weeks. I think there has been a big disconnect between the staff and the players. If they were to somehow put it all together, maybe we beat ATL, without Rodgers, then maybe Rodgers is cleared v. DAL, and that might prove an even bigger, greater defining moment, should we win that one.

If this team miraculously starts getting it together, on both sides of the ball, and we make an improbable run, who knows what could happen? They've literally done it before, 4 seasons ago.

It seems far fetched at this point, with the poor showings we've had through 5 weeks of play, but I can see us still winning this division. DET can easily flop two. CHI will struggle to come out of this week with a W. If, somehow, the Packers pull off a good run to end the season 4-0, they would be one of the hottest teams in the NFL going into the playoffs, and they may shock the world again.

We are due for a lot of picks. We just are. If we can get both sides of the ball to get their shit together, along with STs, both players and coaches, maybe we see something special.

Ah, a man can dream, can't he?

Originally Posted by: play2win 

5 games in 25 days, lose your MVP QB 1st quarter of 1st game.

Lose backup 1st qyuarter of 2nd game.

use a UDFA qb 2 weeks from PS for next 5 quarters.

bring in the experinced vet backup 2nd half of 4th game, plays well, gets a tie, which at this point is just as good as a win. whether The Packers were 6-6 or 5-6-1, at this point in the season puts them at the same place.
I skipped the 5th game,.
Now it is said The Packers missed anywhere between 13 and 20 tackles(I've heard different reports, the majority of those tackles I believe I read were in the 1st quarter, the quarter,
which The Defense created 3 turnovers, scoring on one and giving The Offense the ball in good enough position to at least get a FG.
The other was inside their own 10, preventing a Detroit score.

The Packers D had just came off a game 4 days earlier in which tey were on the field 84 plays, due to the inability of The offense to sustain any drive the D played 81 plays that last game.

Did I forget to mention that The O-line injuries started about the 2nd game of this 5 game in 25day stretch.

Just wanted to get this down in black and white, so when the revisionist start their re-writing of packer history, I will have a post to come back to tor remember the actual facts.

The only defining moment I forsee Sunday is when The Packers pull off a win, and they can point back to The Atlanta game as their turnaround point.

I will be real dissapointed in Ted Thompson and The Packer organization if they fold under the pressure of Sportwriters and fans and start firing people.

Been a bad 5 weeks(or should I say 25 days), what happens the next 4 games will deterimin whether it will be a bad year or a good year

Packers just need this win, I don't care how ugly it is, just win this game and you may have your defining moment of the season..

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
10 years ago
Buckeye, beating a weak sister team that threw in the towel long before we did only ruins draft positioning. As a revisionist, I suggest you leave the land of lollipops and crayons and grasp the idea of "with the 11th overall pick, the Green Bay Packers select".

You're so cute!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Week 14

I may be wrong, and often am.

My gut feeling is this game against Atlanta on Sunday will have a dramatic and life changing effect on every player, coach, and member of this storied franchise. Except Ted.

YES.. Except Ted.

Aaron is not playing Sunday...Fine... However If the Pack lose.. I feel heads will roll in the off season.

I can see M.M. coaching Texas next year. Right or wrong, there will be some serious career adjustments including Capers and others.

Jon Gruden? I hope not.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

This is just beyond WEIRD. McCarthy going to U. of Texas? Does he have any connections there at all? I don't think so.

You know something is strange in a thread when Dakota's post makes the most sense of anybody.

And the one head that maybe SHOULD roll - Ted Thompson - is the one that's supposed to still be standing? That part is probably true. Much as I would like it, I can't see Thompson going away. But the haters are also very unlikely to get their wish regarding Capers either, and certainly not McCarthy.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
StoicFire
10 years ago

Buckeye, beating a weak sister team that threw in the towel long before we did only ruins draft positioning. As a revisionist, I suggest you leave the land of lollipops and crayons and grasp the idea of "with the 11th overall pick, the Green Bay Packers select".

You're so cute!

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

=d> Draft positioning is for us fans to think about, the players can't afford to throw in the towel.

I'd like one adult ticket to the land of lollipops and crayons please.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

You're so cute!

Hell you've been on the Gloom and Doom kick since before Rodgers went down.
This has to be a "DREAM YEAR" for you.

Because YOU ARE ONLY HAPPY WHEN YOU CAN BITCH
Because YOU ARE ONLY HAPPY WHEN YOU CAN WHINE
Because YOU FEED OFF THE FAILURE OF PLAYERS AND COACHES OF THE TEAM YOU ARE A "SO CALLED" FAN OF.

I understand you have no clue what it takes to be an NFL player, you show your football ignorance every time you post about the game.

Hell talk about defining moments, well this whole season so far has been FULL OF defing moments for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The frickin topic was about defining moments, as always you have to focus on the negative side of everything.

Go back to the back alley where you think you are relevant, up here you don't have a clue.

Real easy to predict doom and gloom and failure, try predicting a turn around and then have debbie downers like you come on hers and claim "see i told you so'

Wait i forgot, that's what you live foRr YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!

Now that's a defining moment!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
10 years ago

You're so cute!

That land of lollipops and crayons sounds like a better place to be than wherever you are.

As a fan, I can understand being ok with losing at the moment, but I can't understand rooting for this team to quit.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

You know something is strange in a thread when Dakota's post makes the most sense of anybody.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

If you weren't so damn dense, you would have realized my awesomeness a long time ago! [grin1]
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

If you weren't so damn dense, you would have realized my awesomeness a long time ago! [grin1]

I think you're dyslexic. You need to switch around the words awesome and dense. 😄

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Aaron Rodgers doesn't have to be liked to be a great leader in my opinion. What matters most to me is that you can respect the work ethic and how it translates to his play on the field.

I hear that he can be condescending, but I assume there are a lot of confident guys in the NFL where their confidence can be misconstrued as such. The bottom line is these are all adults and I have no pity for hurt feelings.

Aaron Rodgers has been an elite quarterback for our team for years now, and if more players put in the work he does at their particular position, then that would lead to their own success and they wouldn't be in the position of losing their jobs. Every player is accountable for themselves.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
sschind
10 years ago

=d>

I'd like one adult ticket to the land of lollipops and crayons please.

Originally Posted by: StoicFire 

I'm not not sure if I should be creeped out by this or not.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (8h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (8h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (8h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (8h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (8h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (11h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (15h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (15h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.