sschind
9 years ago
The awesome news was Charmin ultra rolls were 50% off at Walmart and the rising again part was now he will be able to wipe his ass and get off the toilet. The minor setback was that his wife forgot the coupon at home. The two year contract was to replace Mr. Whipple.

At least that is what I heard through one reliable source.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Nope, Not Jordy, Can't be. Has to be a mistake. Only Finley and Jones dropped passes for the Packers, everybody knows that. Jeez wpr what have you been smoking.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

We had our poll on who you wanted if you could have but one...Jordy or Cobb? Jordy has inferior hands. Shoot, he was horrendous in the SuperBowl. Had we lost that game, Jordy Nelson would be two terrible dirty words to this day.

Finley was the last guy on the team I wanted to see a key pass go to outside of the guy who is about to replace him. Quarless has tennis rackets for hands. No way in the world that guy is a #1 TE on any team in the NFL. Quarless should be a 3rd TE.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

evad04
9 years ago

We had our poll on who you wanted if you could have but one...Jordy or Cobb? Jordy has inferior hands. Shoot, he was horrendous in the SuperBowl. Had we lost that game, Jordy Nelson would be two terrible dirty words to this day.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Jordy had some big drops in XLV, yes. He also hauled in nine catches for 140 yards and a touchdown. You have a strange sense for what qualifies as "horrendous."
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
nerdmann
9 years ago

Jordy had some big drops in XLV, yes. He also hauled in nine catches for 140 yards and a touchdown. You have a strange sense for what qualifies as "horrendous."

Originally Posted by: evad04 

Jordy came back and redeemed himself from some ugly drops in that game. If he didn't he'd have been a goat.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: evad04 

I'm aware of what kind of game the numbers showed he had...I'm also aware of how many easy catches he bungled. I made a comment about Jordy's hands being inferior to Cobb's and followed that up by saying he was horrendous in the SB... AS TO DROPS. He was freaking terrible. I don't care if he had 20 catches. He dropped way too many big passes in that game.

You don't think if Pittsburgh came back and beat us in that final drive that you wouldn't be cursing Jordy Nelson to this day? Okay.

Thankfully, Finley wasn't around for that one... I don't know if we set the SB record for drops but it had to be close. Finley would've put us over the top for sure.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

What's the drop percentage? Those numbers above are only meaningful in context of number of catchable targets.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/03/three-year-drop-rate-tight-ends/ 

Jordy Nelson's hands are as bad, if not worse, than Finley's.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/pff-signature-stats/#DropRate 

You say Jordy Nelson's hands are just as bad as Jermicheal Finley's if not worse.

Then you post a dropped rate chart.
Tell me what are the parameters to consider a pass catchable?
Who decides these parameters?

Did you bother to look right below at the WR rating chart, which is probably a better guage since it takes into account all passes thrown to the receiver.

Let me help you out

Jordy Nelson was rated #4 in the NFL in "WR rating" in 2013.

Then there is this little gem right below the chart:

Example: Jordy Nelson’s 93 targets in 2011 netted him a 150.2 ‘WR Rating’ thanks to his 68 catches, 1200+ yards, 15 touchdowns, and only one interception on passes his way.

I don't know, seems to me Jordy Nelson is still pretty damn good, but can't wait for you to explain why his hands are atrocious compared to Randall Cobb.

One last comment:
You say Jordy Nelson would have been the blame if The Packers would have lost The Super Bowl, guess what, THEY WON, and Jordy Nelson was a huge reason why.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Buck, buck, buck... May I call you, Uncle?

If I had posted those stats regarding Brandon Marshall or Alshon Jeffery I'm sure you wouldn't be fighting against them so vigorously. If you're mad at the stats, I'm sorry. Not sure what I, or anyone, can do about that?

We won the SB? We did? Delayed celebration here in my living room! Woo hoo! We won! BTW, the game took place about 40 miles from my front door. Now, I don't have to be mad at Jordy for dropping pass after pass.

You're going to help me out? How? You only watch games on TV, and you, and your buddy, have established that is no way to be getting a feel for anything. We may as well flip on the radio. The TV broadcast really shows you nothing. I think I'll just follow online and watch the helmet march up and down the field in 2014. I've realized the error of my ways and no longer value watching game on TV. Thank you for ruining it for me.

Again, I'm sorry that you don't like the numbers show Jordy has bad hands. I'm a big Green Bay guy but I don't let my fantasy infect reality. Let me refresh you...from ESPN.com: Rodgers threw for 304 yards, including a 29-yard touchdown to Jordy Nelson, who had nine catches for 140 yards to make up for three big drops. Correct me if I have this wrong... Jordy dropped 3 of 12 passes thrown his way? A drop rate of 25%!!!!! All of them were KEY drops...not inconsequential, plus, that was the SuperBowl, man! Spin 3 huge drops! Go.

One last comment: Jordy Nelson was "this close" to being mentioned in the same breath with guys like Jackie Smith, Wes Welker and Scott Norwood.
UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Buck, buck, buck... May I call you, Uncle?

If I had posted those stats regarding Brandon Marshall or Alshon Jeffery I'm sure you wouldn't be fighting against them so vigorously. If you're mad at the stats, I'm sorry. Not sure what I, or anyone, can do about that?

We won the SB? We did? Delayed celebration here in my living room! Woo hoo! We won! BTW, the game took place about 40 miles from my front door. Now, I don't have to be mad at Jordy for dropping pass after pass.

You're going to help me out? How? You only watch games on TV, and you, and your buddy, have established that is no way to be getting a feel for anything. We may as well flip on the radio. The TV broadcast really shows you nothing. I think I'll just follow online and watch the helmet march up and down the field in 2014. I've realized the error of my ways and no longer value watching game on TV. Thank you for ruining it for me.

Again, I'm sorry that you don't like the numbers show Jordy has bad hands. I'm a big Green Bay guy but I don't let my fantasy infect reality. Let me refresh you...from ESPN.com: Rodgers threw for 304 yards, including a 29-yard touchdown to Jordy Nelson, who had nine catches for 140 yards to make up for three big drops. Correct me if I have this wrong... Jordy dropped 3 of 12 passes thrown his way? A drop rate of 25%!!!!! All of them were KEY drops...not inconsequential, plus, that was the SuperBowl, man! Spin 3 huge drops! Go.

One last comment: Jordy Nelson was "this close" to being mentioned in the same breath with guys like Jackie Smith, Wes Welker and Scott Norwood.

3 "BIG" drops, Really, didn't Jordy almost score the very next play after his 1st "Key Drop"?
Wouldn't that make that drop "irrelevant?"
Guess not in your world.

So you don't consider the "wr rating" stat more informative than the drop pass rate?

The "wr rating" takes in consideration EVERY pass thrown to the receiver.

Wonder what Bad hands Nelson's "wr rating" was in the Super Bowl?

Still waiting for you to tell me what the parameters are for "a dropped pass"
and who determines these parameters?

I love this, every time you post, you show just how much you don't understand the game of football.

Keep the comments coming.

😆 😆 😆
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago
[quote=gbguy20;277259]dropping 15 percent isnt much better than dropping 20 percent[/quote

It is enough to change the order of a ranking.

Specially if the normal range is from 10% to 20%. In that case, they would go from average to worst.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
play2win
9 years ago
This all seems pretty irrelevant. Donald Driver had a horrific drop rate. Who cares? Jordy had drops, Driver had drops, Jones had drops. Finley had drops. Jermichael Finley was putting together his best season to date in 2013 prior to his neck injury. I was happy to see that he was doing well, but a bit disappointed it took that long to see. He was giving his best in 2013 and thought he was on pace to surpass his 767 yds and 8 TDs of 2011. I'm just glad he is healthy enough to live a good life with his family.

Finley is not coming back this season. I just cannot see Pat McKenzie clearing him. McCarthy keeping his locker in tact is a nice gesture, but I think it is all for naught. Maybe, maybe, he comes back in 2015. This staff clearly loves him, but, c'mon. We are just 6 months removed from his spinal fusion. No way he gets cleared to play this year.

I know it is slow, but this thread is stupid.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (5h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (8h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (10h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (11h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.