Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago
Sigh. Glaring observations that many of you have already stated.

Defense:

Dlineman. Bennett is just as athletic, if not more than Peppers. He was having his way at the line of scrimmage. Clay and peppers got together a couple of times, but were scrambling and reacting because of subbing. Coaching miss.

Linebackers. Perry and d.jones just look stiff and limited compared to Morris and the Seattle lbs. they were flying all over the place. The Seattle lbs were every bit as athletic as eddie lacy and met him at the LOS.

Secondary. Maxwell played well being picked on the whole game for Seattle. Sherman should have been challenged. Clinton Dix needs to tackle fundamentally better. Shields is the only explosive db we have. Seattle has several.

Overall, Seattle is a rangy and super athletic defense. No news there. The only team that really matches up with them is San Francisco. Our team has only a handful of players who match up athletically. Scheme all you want. It's an uphill battle without the faster horses. Ask Denver.

Offense:

RBs. lacy is strong, tough and quick. Lynch is just as strong, tough, but much quicker. Watch lynch's footwork. Like lightning. Lacy is good too, but watching them side by side, it was clear who had the quicker feet.

WRs. Percy Harvin. A more athletic version of Randall Cobb. And I think Randall is exceptional. We could have benefited from putting Cobb in better situations with the ball(more out of the backfield, etc). Nelson was stellar. Even Seattle respected him. Should have challenged Sherman.

Tight ends. Zach millers diving catch. Us? No diving catches by a TE.

QB. Wilson is getting better and better. A more complete QB than Kaepernick. Played within himself and was hard to stop with lynch play actions.

Rodgers was steady but did NOT challenge Sherman. Coaches and players can deny it and claim that they were shifting Jordy around but, last time checked, shifting a player around means playing him on the other side of the field too. That rarely happened. They matched him up against maxwell for 80% of the game. Sherman had boykins most of the time. The proof is that not one throw went that way.

I'm very disappointed in this. I hate to say this but Favre would've challenged Sherman. He may have lost, but he'd go down swinging. Even Kaepernick challenges. He loses, yes, but is not afraid. Aaron played afraid, or at the least ...conservative. The film doesn't lie.

All in all, we are what we thought we were. A second tier team to the Seahawks and the 49ers. 12-4 and one and done in the playoffs again, if they face SF or Seattle. We can go back to the drawing board and pad the stats against mediocre teams like the Jets, but this January wont lie. Call it pessimism, but I call is realism.

More athletic talent is needed for the team to take it to the next level. 2010 feels so far away now.

Not much else to say.

p.s. Aaron is the QB that challenged a more athletic USC defense with a slow CAL offense, and scored 23 straight completions against them because he wasn't afraid. You can't do that with half the field And "shifting" your best receiver to the left side of the field most of the time.
blank
yooperfan
9 years ago
Well said.
If you are going to game plan around your fear of one player, you lost before you even suited up.
Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago

Well said.
If you are going to game plan around your fear of one player, you lost before you even suited up.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

By not throwing to him, they put Sherman in the same breath as Deion Sanders

blank
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

By not throwing to him, they put Sherman in the same breath as Deion Sanders

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Well, he sure does talk (and back up his game) as much as Deion did.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

You never saw Brett Favre throw only to the side that Deion was not on. Troy Aikman, Steve Young, all never did that. They challenged him.

Aaron played scared.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
May be that Finesse Mike was more the scared one rather than Rodgers. Unless you think Rodgers was audibling away from Sherman.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago

May be that Finesse Mike was more the scared one rather than Rodgers. Unless you think Rodgers was audibling away from Sherman.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I think it was both of them. Aaron is aware of the game plan as well. My take is that he could change the play and throw to that side, if he felt it was a good matchup.

Obviously he didn't.
blank
nerdmann
9 years ago
Goddamn Favre and his INTs to Deion.

Then again, if we lose either way, fuck them both.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Richard Sherman doesn't belong in the same breath with Deion. Deion had legendary speed. Sherman does not.

We have to consider who Sherman was covering...Jarrett Boykin. One of if not the slowest WR in the NFL. Boykin struggles creating separation from average NFL CB's so how in the world was he going to create any against one of the NFL's best?

I can't get my head around what we were doing in that game. It almost felt like we were paid to lay down so Seattle could have their night celebrating their title.

Where was Mike Pennel? Inactive. Where was Jeff Janis? Inactive. Where was DuJuan Harris and his speed on offense. On the bench. We have some players who were good fits vs. what we were opposed by and we sat them.

Janis' speed was no match for Richard Sherman. To not activate double J and let him run some fly routes is crazy. No Pennel to nose vs. Lynch is probably the bigger head scratcher. Guion? That guy was a total scrub in Minnesota and didn't do diddly all off season and he's rewarded with a start vs. the champs? What a wish and a prayer to start that guy. It failed...miserably. No DuJuan vs. that Seattle D? Guys with his speed and change of direction are how you beat a D like that. He didn't play a single play on O if memory serves. It was nothing but we're not good enough and we know it from the beginning. That is not what Mike McCarthy preaches about toughness. The team acted and played like it didn't belong and that is a function of the HC. He's a fraud. Has always been. Fake tough. To waste Aaron Rodgers career with a boob like him and a GM like Ted Thompson is criminal.

The Jets ain't very good but I'll bet we struggle like crazy vs. them. 0-2 seems like a real possibility.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

Richard Sherman doesn't belong in the same breath with Deion. Deion had legendary speed. Sherman does not.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Uffda, I wasn't comparing Sherman to Deion in terms of overall talent. But much like Deion, Sherman talks a lot but he backs it all up on the field. And my memory might be fuzzy but I remember Deion being a complete wuss when it came to tackling, certainly something you can't say about Sherman.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (1h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (15h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (20h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (22h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.