MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago
The Packers team was giddy counting chickens before they hatched.

Green Bay — One by one, players consoled Green Bay Packers tight end Brandon Bostick. After Sunday's 28-22 overtime loss to Seattle in the NFC Championship Game, he sat slumped in his locker for 15, 20 minutes, thumbing through messages on his phone.

You know it's a dangerous exercise, too.

One click of Twitter and he'd see one "Go to hell. (Expletive) you." One "Go die." Another "You (expletive) suck." An "I hate you so much." Dozens upon dozens of threats from miserable souls. The response to his dropped onside kick has been as nasty as 140 characters get.

And the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Bostick — a player most of the 50 million viewers never heard of and former Division II receiver from Newberry College — stood in front of cameras and took the blame.

Inside the depressing, dreary locker room, Bostick didn't refuse to speak. Embarrassed. The Goat. The most obvious reason everyone here was paralyzed in shock said he tried to the catch the ball when he should have blocked.

Ten years from now, people might remember this as the "Bostick Game," when it should be known as the "McCarthy Game."

JSOnline  wrote:

Grabacr
9 years ago
4 and 1 from and 1....TWICE!!!!!

I can accept that Rodgers was hurt but to not do some sort of play action pass was unforgivable
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago
I'm going to beat the "players not plays" drum til my hands fall off.

This article curiously fails to mention two interceptions in field goal range, one of which immediately prededed a 4th and 1, which oh by the way they couldn't gain 1 foot for two plays.

19-7 with Burnett having a ball in his hand and daylight in front and this BS is all we dwell on. The Packers had enough points to win this game. Numerous drops and blunders by players lost this game.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

This article curiously fails to mention two interceptions in field goal range, one of which immediately prededed a 4th and 1, which oh by the way they couldn't gain 1 foot for two plays.

19-7 with Burnett having a ball in his hand and daylight in front and this BS is all we dwell on. The Packers had enough points to win this game. Numerous drops and blunders by players lost this game.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

There is plenty of blame for both players and coaches in this game.

If the offense gets one first down after the INT, we can basically eat most of the clock and pack for AZ. But he doesn't really even try. Rather than trying to have the offense make a play to seal the game, he is satisfied putting the defense on the field and expecting Them to make the play instead after having just come up a turnover.

It is also the HC job to ensure players know the situation. He should have made sure to tell slocum, this is position for a fake. We can afford to give up 3, we don't want to give up more.

Not changing formations when at the 1 after getting stuffed once.

Those are all coaching blunders those still exist even though there were multiple player blunders as well.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
musccy
9 years ago

It is also the HC job to ensure players know the situation. He should have made sure to tell slocum, this is position for a fake. We can afford to give up 3, we don't want to give up more.

Not changing formations when at the 1 after getting stuffed once.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

We're desperately grasping for a scapegoat here. Mike McCarthy is such an easy target because it's one place to channel our frustrations. I'm not trying to be an Mike McCarthy apologist, I just feel we have this ridiculous vision of what he's supposed to be. There are 46 active players, 10 + assistant coaches competing against 60 some other paid players and coaches trying to stop what the Packers are doing. They're not all lobotomized robots. Mike doesn't have some remote control to direct every footstep and arm movement they make. He can't control every thought they have.

Slocum is a grown man and professional. If you want to blame Mike, fine, talk about if he fires/retains him in the offseason and accountability...but blaming him for what we think he did/didn't whisper into headsets of a coordinator whose job it is to prepare for something like that is really reaching in my view.

PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

We're desperately grasping for a scapegoat here. Mike McCarthy is such an easy target because it's one place to channel our frustrations. I'm not trying to be an Mike McCarthy apologist, I just feel we have this ridiculous vision of what he's supposed to be. There are 46 active players, 10 + assistant coaches competing against 60 some other paid players and coaches trying to stop what the Packers are doing. They're not all lobotomized robots. Mike doesn't have some remote control to direct every footstep and arm movement they make. He can't control every thought they have.

Slocum is a grown man and professional. If you want to blame Mike, fine, talk about if he fires/retains him in the offseason and accountability...but blaming him for what we think he did/didn't whisper into headsets of a coordinator whose job it is to prepare for something like that is really reaching in my view.

Slocum's job is to prepare the special teams for the different formations and plays that might be run during the game. Slocum doesn't make the calls on whether to try for a block or play protection. That is McCarthy, Slocum advises him and makes suggestions, and once McCarthy decides, he relays what ST play they are going to use to the players.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
9 years ago

That argument doesn't work anymore dude.

Look at the Brad Jones Fake FG thread. These errors persist, because the staff is neither teaching nor correcting these players.

Why do people think coaches do nothing but sit in the box and call plays? Then again maybe that is all they do. Clearly there's no instruction happening.

And as for Mike, this is this team's MO. They ALWAYS play like this. YEAH BUT WE WON A SB FIVE YEARS AGO. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Packers had 2 turnovers, Seahawks had 5 turnovers.
Packers had 13 drives, Seahawks had 16 drives.

What?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

LOL

We've got no shortage of scapegoats.

As for Mike, this is what he is all about. I've been complaining about it for years, and you all defend him by saying, IT'S OK IF WE SHIT OURSELVES. WE WON ANYWAY. And when we don't, you say IT'S OK IF WE LOST. WE WON IT ALL FIVE YEARS AGO.

This game is a prime example of why you play fundamentally sound football.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
I was NOT one of those calling for the firing of Mike Sherman years ago, and I'm not calling for the firing of McCarthy now. Just the same, if it was logical to fire a head coach with 52 wins and 28 losses, etc. for his questionable policies and strategies and his failure to maximize having the best QB in the NFL, then it's just as logical now.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (51m) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (51m) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (5h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (5h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (5h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.