Gilligan
9 years ago
Even though still being fairly new here, I will venture my thoughts on this.

wpr was a long standing member here, held in high regard by many. Personally I liked the guy and I will miss his thoughts and humor.

I believe that why he decided to call it quits was due to the changing nature of the forum itself.

I took some time and went back through the years at looked at the members and posts since this forum was started by Z2C.
From the beginning it was rather unique in the forum world as not only was it primarily a Packers sports forum, but also one of great camaraderie and genuine friendship. Multi-faceted if you will.
There was some great competition, good natured smack talking and fantastic input on Packers football.

It was also a place for some members to vent & discuss their personal tribulations in life. Very unique in the forum world.
For example wpr's concerns and worries when his son was deployed to Afghanistan and was injured there. The support he received here was greatly appreciated, I am sure.

It appears that there were many members of long standing here that have also either left or post infrequently now.
A few of these may be due to life changes and such, but I believe that many have left due to the change in the forum atmosphere.
In my opinion that is why wpr left. I wish that he hadn't but I can understand why.

In the past couple of years, this forum has changed. Change can sometimes be a good thing or it can take one down a slippery slope.
This forum has become much more confrontational and antagonistic than the first 6 years or so.

I wish that I had been on this forum in the earlier years as it looked like a much more enjoyable place, the place that wpr so enjoyed and was so active in.

wpr, I wish you well in whatever pursuits that you decide to travel and wish that I had gotten to know you better.
You're a good man.
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
Dulak
9 years ago
Guess I missed the drama -

always liked your posts WPR - got to take the internet with a grain of salt and skip the stuff that bothers you ... but ya get it if it just gets on your nerves ...

hope to see you around.

dhazer
9 years ago
This is some major Bullshit, he is right though, this place used to be fun and we could all joke around and noone would get offended but then again the people then were like family. Dakota has changed alot I believe, I remember when his daughter was going thru her episodes, everyone on here gave their hearts out to him and his family. Cheesey had his heart problems and we got together and sent money and a got him a Wii. Hell I used to have my so called arch enemy on LongtimeFan ( we would go back and forth all the time and it would get rowdy) and we are friends on facebook. It seems like the people now have lost the compassion for each other and there really isn't the big family feeling it's just a few. Hell I remember I was always able to get people riled up by cutting on Uncle Teddy and Rodgers and it was done just to have a different side.

This has nothing to do with who has think skin and who don't its called have some compassion for the people you are talking with.

So in closing i just want to say I hope people start to have fun again and not try and piss people off.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
9 years ago
Sorry to see a good one go.

Who is troy?
Cheesey
9 years ago
Uffda, here is why I disagree with you.
I don't know how old you are, but when I was young we actually interacted with people face to face. It wasn't the faceless internet.
You were taught how to give your point of view without being a total ass. And how to respect those that don't agree with you.
To be able to disagree and yet remain civil.

I have strong opinions (as I'm sure you already know) and I DO care what people think of me. I don't like being name called for my beliefs. To disagree and show actual reasons WHY, without just throwing out terrible insults SHOULD be the way you conduct yourself.
To do otherwise shows a complete lack of class or proper upbringing.
If it was "well reasoned postings" I wouldn't mind that at all. But too often it was just being called an idiot, an A-hole or some other even less nice names.

I don't think Wayne left to "stir up trouble for a guy he didn't like". If that was what he really wanted to do, he would have just constantly complained to Kevin about Troy until something was done.

You don't need a "gun to your head" to be forced out of a site like this. All you need to do is keep being a bully to others until you make it more miserable to come here then it is fun to be here, and you WILL desTROY the site.

Today's world has made it easy to crap on others as you don't actually have to face them and answer for how you treat others.

No compassion. No decency. Just "me me me!" No respect for others feelings.
You can agree to disagree without treating others like garbage. At least that's the way I feel.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago

Sorry to see a good one go.

Who is troy?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

DakotaT
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

So....the bully wins.
That's just sad.
Again I have been proven right.
Name calling instead if of making actually points has caused a wonderful person to exit this site.
I wonder if 2 years from now there will be anyone left except the bullies?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Why don't you get one thing straight, you Conservatives are the bullies that beat down groups of people that don't think like you do - and I'm the one in here that calls you all on it.

And wonderful people can identify the victims from the oppressors in all these national police beat downs we've been having. That's what Wayne and I have been arguing about. I've actually held back from what I really wanted to say in many of these "discussions we've had".

And yeah, the GOP has so many similarities to the Nazi party - and if that's what you want to identify yourself with - it's still a free country. Now, did I personally attack you in this thread, Cheesey - or is that all a figment of your imagination? The only people I've ever personally attacked are Texas and Foster. And they didn't go run and cry about it.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Why don't you get one thing straight, you Conservatives are the bullies that beat down groups of people that don't think like you do - and I'm the one in here that calls you all on it.

And wonderful people can identify the victims from the oppressors in all these national police beat downs we've been having. That's what Wayne and I have been arguing about. I've actually held back from what I really wanted to say in many of these "discussions we've had".

And yeah, the GOP has so many similarities to the Nazi party - and if that's what you want to identify yourself with - it's still a free country. Now, did I personally attack you in this thread, Cheesey - or is that all a figment of your imagination? The only people I've ever personally attacked are Texas and Foster. And they didn't go run and cry about it.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yeah, where have you been? I've missed those "personal attacks". I thought maybe you were "done" too hahahaha. Wrong as you always are, at least you had the balls to compete.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Cheesey
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

No....you didn't in THIS thread. Until now, that is.
You try to hide your insults, but believe me, they come through loud and clear.
By your own statements, if I am a Republican, I am, and love "Nazis".
Poorly veiled insults.
You do that all the time. You don't show HOW we are "Nazis", you just throw it out there and hope people just accept what you say as FACT.
You have called me names in other threads. A "idiot" and "asshole". Sometime veiled, sometimes not.

You insult in back handed ways.

Glad to see that your time away hasn't affected you.....you know, like maybe looking at yourself and seeing that maybe, just maybe, some of your ways arn't very nice.
I see a lot of similarities with the democratic party with communism. If that's what you want to support, it's a free country.

The democrats are supposed to be the "caring, accepting" party. And they are....as long as you "goosestep" along with them. But DARE to disagree and see how FAST that loving party will be accepting of you.

Oh....and by the way......I NEVER "ran and cried" about your insults. I NEVER reported anything you said to anyone.
They were free to read what you said, but I NEVER "cried" to anyone.
I honestly wonder how you can say some of the garbage you spew out, and not feel any guilt about it.
But that's just my opinion of course. I guess I was brought up different then you were.

Yes, I know some of the people here that are republicans can spew out nasty stuff right along with you. But I have tried NOT to lower myself to that level. Again, that's just the way I was taught to be.
Believe me, when I am insulted, I would like to be a jerk and say what I feel. I AM human after all. But if I did that, then I'd feel like a jerk afterwards, and the guilt wouldn't be worth it.
I guess I just don't understand your line of thought.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Yeah, where have you been? I've missed those "personal attacks". I thought maybe you were "done" too hahahaha. Wrong as you always are, at least you had the balls to compete.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Well I got ex-communicated for a month for my "personal attacks", whatever that means. Then I took another couple more weeks off being the prick that I am. It doesn't seem like I missed much. And no, I'm not wrong - you Repugs are Nazis - there isn't a minority group you don't target. Not every one can be Ward and June Cleaver with the perfect life. Well I guess you are defending the pedophile Dugger lately in the news, so there's that.
UserPostedImage