Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I don't disagree.

What's really stupid though is the intensity of support for players by fans with non existent true football knowledge. Fans have no idea what is going on.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Whoa, whoa ...WHOA!!

Part of being a fan is having an uneducated, uninformed opinion and able to freely express. Hell, that is one the primary reasons this site exists so people can freely (while albeit at times ignorantly--me included) express their opinion. That is our entitlement as a fan. Who do you think the players get paid through? TV Contract money is because we watch the TV. NFL merchandise. Etc. We have paid our dues and bunny rabbit dammit, it is perfectly acceptable to passionately opine about a player good or bad regardless of our football ignorance!

And when the reigning NFL MVP (second time and also a Super Bowl MVP) says he is exited about a WR's potential, and I throw in what I witnessed of this WR as a rookie, I am perfectly within my right to be show intensity while supporting the player who some think after ONE ROOKIE SEASON he was a wasted 2nd round pick.

If he drops a game winning touchdown, I'll intensely say I told you all he sucked from day one and we should have kept Jarrett Boykin. 😝
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

Whoa, whoa ...WHOA!!

Part of being a fan is having an uneducated, uninformed opinion and able to freely express. Hell, that is one the primary reasons this site exists so people can freely (while albeit at times ignorantly--me included) express their opinion. That is our entitlement as a fan. Who do you think the players get paid through? TV Contract money is because we watch the TV. NFL merchandise. Etc. We have paid our dues and bunny rabbit dammit, it is perfectly acceptable to passionately opine about a player good or bad regardless of our football ignorance!

And when the reigning NFL MVP (second time and also a Super Bowl MVP) says he is exited about a WR's potential, and I throw in what I witnessed of this WR as a rookie, I am perfectly within my right to be show intensity while supporting the player who some think after ONE ROOKIE SEASON he was a wasted 2nd round pick.

If he drops a game winning touchdown, I'll intensely say I told you all he sucked from day one and we should have kept Jarrett Boykin. 😝

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't disagree with most of what you say. But when a supposed 'fan' criticizes Adams so that they can argue Janis (Who has shown absolutely nothing in a real NFL football sense and likely won't even be on the team in 3 months) is much better, I, as a uneducated fan, have a right to get upset. How can someone qualify as a fan when all they do is spew negativity about current coaches and players? There are a few on here that show more animosity for the Packers than I do for the Bears. And I live in IL! It just gets old listening to them bash 'my' players with their stupid, uneducated bs.

Must be vacation time again.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I don't disagree with most of what you say. But when a supposed 'fan' criticizes Adams so that they can argue Janis (Who has shown absolutely nothing in a real NFL football sense and likely won't even be on the team in 3 months) is much better, I, as a uneducated fan, have a right to get upset. How can someone qualify as a fan when all they do is spew negativity about current coaches and players? There are a few on here that show more animosity for the Packers than I do for the Bears. And I live in IL! It just gets old listening to them bash 'my' players with their stupid, uneducated bs.

Must be vacation time again.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Sometimes I wonder if we have Vikings/Bears fans posing and posting as Packers fans here with how they attack young players with such ferocity as if they ruined their romantic life or something. It's almost as if they go against the grain for sake of going against the grain.

Anyhow, when the appreciative and more supportive fans don't speak up, then the negative Nancy's get their way and ultimately ... win. I try, but it seems some would rather complain about what is happening instead of being a part of the solution to saturate the negativity with ... oh I dunno ... some subjective analysis or anything of the like.

In other words, we can sit with our thumbs up our ass, or we can speak up in support of our players and our team and our coaches. The fans decide. And this fan trusts Aaron Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Sometimes I wonder if we have Vikings/Bears fans posing and posting as Packers fans here with how they attack young players with such ferocity as if they ruined their romantic life or something. It's almost as if they go against the grain for sake of going against the grain.

Anyhow, when the appreciative and more supportive fans don't speak up, then the negative Nancy's get their way and ultimately ... win. I try, but it seems some would rather complain about what is happening instead of being a part of the solution to saturate the negativity with ... oh I dunno ... some subjective analysis or anything of the like.

In other words, we can sit with our thumbs up our ass, or we can speak up in support of our players and our team and our coaches. The fans decide. And this fan trusts Aaron Rodgers.

I trust Aaron Rodgers the quarterback but don't trust Aaron Rodgers the soothsayer. He's right less than a broken clock.

Why is it negative to think Jeff Janis might be better than Davante Adams? I could just as easily say it's negative to think Jeff Janis isn't good. It's curious. How can I be so pro Jeff Janis and be a "negative nancy"? How? It's illogical.

I truly happen to believe Davante Adams will not be that great for us and shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round by us. That is my opinion.

Would it be negative to say the Packers sucked and choked away the SB in Seattle last year...or would it be the truth and or my honest opinion?

Me as a fan...I love Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Casey Hayward and have high hopes for Janis. I also really like Eddie, especially in the pass game. I like Clay Matthews and truly wonder how much roids has shaped him. I love Sam Shields speed.

I think Ted Thompson is overrated by fans by a lot and Mike McCarthy is a middle of the road HC, too. Those are opinions and they have zero to do with negativity or positivity. Just how I feel.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
8 years ago

Those are opinions and they have zero to do with negativity or positivity. Just how I feel.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I believe fans who think they can evaluate WR talent better than the coaches and QB who see the WRs every day in practice are delusional. I believe fans who think they could outdraft Ted Thompson are full of shit.

Those would be considered negative opinions by most. I guess you would say it has zero to do with negativity or positivity, it's just how I feel.

The difference between you and me is I don't feel the need to state my negative opinions in every thread on this board.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I believe fans who think they can evaluate WR talent better than the coaches and QB who see the WRs every day in practice are delusional. I believe fans who think they could outdraft Ted Thompson are full of shit.

Those would be considered negative opinions by most. I guess you would say it has zero to do with negativity or positivity, it's just how I feel.

The difference between you and me is I don't feel the need to state my negative opinions in every thread on this board.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

Hey, wait...I thought you were on to something... now back to on something. 😁

Yes, those would be your opinions. I wouldn't consider them negative at all. It is just how you feel.

My opinions aren't negative...they are perceived as negative because you are predisposed to being one of the homer types and I am not. No homer type likes one who isn't like him. Even Z said just a few posts ago and it has been levied at me before that I must be a Vikings or Bears fan. I didn't mean Z said I was just that "negative" posts make him wonder.

When you go to work do you think every single thing your company does is right and good because you work for them? If you do you would be a homer for your company...most companies have good and bad things about them. To leave them unacknowledged is what you would wish for me and everyone to do. Boresville. Total Boresville.

I'm here to tell you you can objectively be a fan of this team. You don't have to run around saying Ted Thompson is great, Mike McCarthy is great, the Packers are great all the time to be a fan at all but some of you kinda think you do.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I trust Aaron Rodgers the quarterback but don't trust Aaron Rodgers the soothsayer. He's right less than a broken clock.

Why is it negative to think Jeff Janis might be better than Davante Adams? I could just as easily say it's negative to think Jeff Janis isn't good. It's curious. How can I be so pro Jeff Janis and be a "negative nancy"? How? It's illogical.

I truly happen to believe Davante Adams will not be that great for us and shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round by us. That is my opinion.

Would it be negative to say the Packers sucked and choked away the SB in Seattle last year...or would it be the truth and or my honest opinion?

Me as a fan...I love Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Casey Hayward and have high hopes for Janis. I also really like Eddie, especially in the pass game. I like Clay Matthews and truly wonder how much roids has shaped him. I love Sam Shields speed.

I think Ted Thompson is overrated by fans by a lot and Mike McCarthy is a middle of the road HC, too. Those are opinions and they have zero to do with negativity or positivity. Just how I feel.

The majority of your comments on this Packers website degrade Ted Thompson and the Packers players. Rarely do you have something positive to say unless it's a footnote on your negative slant on someone.

UserPostedImage

I'm not saying we need to all be cheerey-oh matey, but coming here, constantly knocking the things the fans like is just kind of dickish troll moves. Oh you like your General Manager? How about this and that and therefore he's garbage with my slanted scope on things! You like this player, well I'm going to take one statistic and run it into the ground and ignore piles of evidence that prove otherwise.

To be clairvoyant here, we've had numerous Vikings fans who were more objective about the Packers team than you have been since joining. I mean, think about that for a second. You're a fan and you're rather piss in the fans cheerio's with an obsessive passion? As one of those fans, I feel what you're doing is simply not right. It's like the asshole in the bar who after your team scores he goes "he got lucky, that LB should have got him". Dude, stfu and take the score, enjoy it and at a later date analyze it.

Anyhooters, moving on, can we get back to the damn topic for a freaking change of pace?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The majority of your comments on this Packers website degrade Ted Thompson and the Packers players. Rarely do you have something positive to say unless it's a footnote on your negative slant on someone.

UserPostedImage

I'm not saying we need to all be cheerey-oh matey, but coming here, constantly knocking the things the fans like is just kind of dickish troll moves. Oh you like your General Manager? How about this and that and therefore he's garbage with my slanted scope on things! You like this player, well I'm going to take one statistic and run it into the ground and ignore piles of evidence that prove otherwise.

To be clairvoyant here, we've had numerous Vikings fans who were more objective about the Packers team than you have been since joining. I mean, think about that for a second. You're a fan and you're rather piss in the fans cheerio's with an obsessive passion? As one of those fans, I feel what you're doing is simply not right. It's like the asshole in the bar who after your team scores he goes "he got lucky, that LB should have got him". Dude, stfu and take the score, enjoy it and at a later date analyze it.

Anyhooters, moving on, can we get back to the damn topic for a freaking change of pace?

You're just going to think what you're going to think no matter how many times I tell you something.

I'm "negative" because you are the exact opposite. You don't like what I say and it feels "negative" because you don't share the opinion. You seem to imply or think that I must want the Packers to win less than you do. Nope. I may want them to win more and see impediments to getting there that bother me. That isn't negative.

If a consultant came into work and blew out a bunch of people you would instantly scream that it was negative what he did. However, what he may have done is save your business and that would be a major positive. It is perception that makes it so. To YOU and MOST here I am....NEGATIVE. I know that I'm not negative and desire the Packers to be a dominating dynasty not a perennial playoff one and doner.

The meme is so off I don't even know how to comment. Lift who up? Players you and I both don't know? How is what you or I saying lifting or putting them down in any way? I don't think Davante thinks...hey, man whew I have a bunch of fans at Packershome who think I'll be a star. Man, that gives me a jolt. Nor is the converse true.

If you're referring to me countering fans opinions here then I really really don't know what to say. Should this be fantasyland where one comes here to just feel good? Perhaps, one time you might feel good and another not...it shouldn't be a prerequisite to feel good when you post here. Losses bring downs wins bring highs. This is offseason. Time to inspect the team and look where we're strong and weak and talk about it just that talking about weakness or not being overly enthusiastic to the point of pukery is not really tolerated too well.

Glad Aaron is excited...he is about everyone almost all the time.
UserPostedImage

DakotaT
8 years ago

You're just going to think what you're going to think no matter how many times I tell you something.

I'm "negative" because you are the exact opposite. You don't like what I say and it feels "negative" because you don't share the opinion. You seem to imply or think that I must want the Packers to win less than you do. Nope. I may want them to win more and see impediments to getting there that bother me. That isn't negative.

If a consultant came into work and blew out a bunch of people you would instantly scream that it was negative what he did. However, what he may have done is save your business and that would be a major positive. It is perception that makes it so. To YOU and MOST here I am....NEGATIVE. I know that I'm not negative and desire the Packers to be a dominating dynasty not a perennial playoff one and doner.

The meme is so off I don't even know how to comment. Lift who up? Players you and I both don't know? How is what you or I saying lifting or putting them down in any way? I don't think Davante thinks...hey, man whew I have a bunch of fans at Packershome who think I'll be a star. Man, that gives me a jolt. Nor is the converse true.

If you're referring to me countering fans opinions here then I really really don't know what to say. Should this be fantasyland where one comes here to just feel good? Perhaps, one time you might feel good and another not...it shouldn't be a prerequisite to feel good when you post here. Losses bring downs wins bring highs. This is offseason. Time to inspect the team and look where we're strong and weak and talk about it just that talking about weakness or not being overly enthusiastic to the point of pukery is not really tolerated too well.

Don't worry, Uffda, there aren't too many "outside the box" thinkers in this group. Feel good that you are one of them.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

If you think you're going to change anyone's opinion over the internet, you are in for an amazingly difficult uphill challenge my friend, lol.

I'm not sure why you went the direction you did here, but I sure hope you never ever do it again because that was some bullshit move by you. What you're doing here has been fine. As I said NUMEROUS times and you continue to be ignorant to these words ... we need different opinions on a discussion board ... I think YOU have many GOOD POINTS ... ... ... my only problem with you is when you ruin threads by finding any skirt the line way of introducing your displeasure for Ted Thompson. We get it, no one freaking cares about reading it in every thread man!! What you fail to understand about this ... I have no clue. I'd draw a picture, but evidence recently supports you would go the most literal extreme and completely miss the boat anyway.

I'm the admin and I say you're okay and if fans dislike your opinion, they can freaking block/ignore you and move on. I am not a damn babysitter. I am a fan who wants to talk Packers! Happy cheery or pissing an groaning. I just want to talk PACKERS.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (5h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (8h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (11h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (12h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.