uffda udfa
8 years ago

Not impossible, if Lloyd Christmas had a chance I suppose there is a chance the Packers go with 2 RBs.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I like it uh lawt.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
8 years ago

I like it uh lawt.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I was hoping someone would get the reference. You always kind of leave yourself hanging when going for that laugh. Although, to be honest, I'm not sure how much I would respect the opinion of someone who didn't get a Dumb and Dumber reference.😁

Back to the topic, It is possible they go with 2 but IMO its very unlikely. Like others have said it depends on how difficult the others at the tail end make themselves to cut. If Janis and White pour it on and and extra MLB and DB show a lot it could be more than that 3rd RB so he gets cut to allow them the roster spot.

One thing that does bode well for the keep 2 theory is that if #1 and #2 stay healthy #3 is pretty much a forgotten man to 🇲🇲 and in that case then yeah, why not keep someone with more potential at another position.
beast
8 years ago

I'm going to guess if they go 2 RB's they PS squad two of them. Brandon Saine, Michael Hill, etc...those type of guys will always be there.

Heck, I'm not sure Kuhn makes it.

I think it might be very interesting to see a 53 man mock roster from you.

We have talked a lot about 2 RB's. I'm not so sure I'm not okay with just 1 with Kuhn as the FB.

You've talked about possibility going with one RB and this guy and that guy maybe not making it... it would be interesting to see where the extra guys you kept. Because if you go short on one area, another area gets extra at their position. So I think it'd be interesting where you think their is and isn't depth with a 53 man mock prediction. Of course based on that time and point.

UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

One thing that does bode well for the keep 2 theory is that if #1 and #2 stay healthy #3 is pretty much a forgotten man to 🇲🇲

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I'm not sure that's true, if the 3rd RB is talented enough...
yes Harris last year was a forgotten man, but when Lacy got banged up and couldn't finish a guy Kuhn came in and got more looks as the RB than Harris did.

But when the Packers had Franklin there was a lot of chatter that the Packers were setting up a change up scheme all around Franklin's talents (just like Mike McCarthy did with the idea of having Cobb back there).

So if a guy is talented enough and different enough, Mike McCarthy will set something up for them.

That being said, the guys battling for the 3rd RB don't really seem different in anyway other than maybe Neal in the passing game with his route running. But hey, he could be some sort of tweener... better in route running / catching than Lacy/Starks but more physical runner and more likely to go between the tackles than Cobb.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I think it might be very interesting to see a 53 man mock roster from you.

You've talked about possibility going with one RB and this guy and that guy maybe not making it... it would be interesting to see where the extra guys you kept. Because if you go short on one area, another area gets extra at their position. So I think it'd be interesting where you think their is and isn't depth with a 53 man mock prediction. Of course based on that time and point.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I don't think I've ever done a 53. I don't do 7 round mocks either. Exercises in futility...but...maybe, right before final cutdown I'll give it a whirl for the 1st time. I'm sure you'll all be graceful with all the ones I miss. 😁

It's bad biz to keep a position just for the sake of the position. If I've got a 6th or 7th WR I really like I'm keeping him over a 3rd RB I may not think much of, or a 2nd FB. Hope to see Abby before this so I can see what he is.

We have to keep another DL, if not two, because of the suspensions. Unless, Dom comes up with some new "exotic" package. 🤬 Or, he could just use Peppers as a DL for a game. Lots of things to consider.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
8 years ago

I'm sure you'll all be graceful with all the ones I miss.

I think you got my motivation for wanting to see your 53 man roster prediction all wrong... I've heard you talk about the idea of going with 1 RB, 1 FB and disliking the TEs.... and I'm just wondering (other than the WRs) who does this guy like?

Which has gotten me wondering who'd make your top 53 man roster as of right now...

To me the other mock 53 man roster about being correct is the ones between the last preseason game and the season opener... all the rest are about how you feel at that moment in time and a single preseason game can change your mind... like I had Neal as the 3rd RB, but if he keeps getting outplayed I could see it being someone else.

But I'm just wondering what guys would you keep that you maybe don't like as much but think they're in the top 53 and what guys you like more than others and think they have a real shot at the 53 man roster.

And the logic behind it is more important to me... like we saw earlier...

Rotheram is too talented to make it through waivers, so he makes the roster here.
(and)
It’s more of a case of Crockett being a better fit as a receiving back than Neal

packertalk  wrote:

Some pretty bad logic there... IMO.

I think you have to weight both talent and depth.

We have to keep another DL, if not two, because of the suspensions. Unless, Dom comes up with some new "exotic" package. 🤬 Or, he could just use Peppers as a DL for a game. Lots of things to consider.

Lots of things to consider is why I find it so interesting... it shows what the person considers more and is just interesting in who they like and/or don't like.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I think you got my motivation for wanting to see your 53 man roster prediction all wrong... I've heard you talk about the idea of going with 1 RB, 1 FB and disliking the TEs.... and I'm just wondering (other than the WRs) who does this guy like?

Which has gotten me wondering who'd make your top 53 man roster as of right now...

To me the other mock 53 man roster about being correct is the ones between the last preseason game and the season opener... all the rest are about how you feel at that moment in time and a single preseason game can change your mind... like I had Neal as the 3rd RB, but if he keeps getting outplayed I could see it being someone else.

But I'm just wondering what guys would you keep that you maybe don't like as much but think they're in the top 53 and what guys you like more than others and think they have a real shot at the 53 man roster.

Lots of things to consider is why I find it so interesting... it shows what the person considers more and is just interesting in who they like and/or don't like.

Oh, I was just commenting on how well "loved" I am here. I find it interesting what others think on that subject. It would be hard for me not to think like they would think though. What I mean is...if I was to do a 53, I would probably do two of them. The one I would want and the one I think they'll select.

BTW, I'm not sure I would only want 2 RB's... as I've said I don't do 53's, so I'm not entirely sure. I would likely use the selection Sunday method for the NCAA BB tourney and just rip the committee for the guys who made it over other more deserving guys in my eyes. That's just some straight shooting.

A couple of more games and weeks for me to mull this over. Should be fun.

UserPostedImage

beast
8 years ago

Oh, I was just commenting on how well "loved" I am here.

Yes very loved indeed 😎

What I mean is...if I was to do a 53, I would probably do two of them. The one I would want and the one I think they'll select.

I say go for it... I probably should be doing two like that as well... but I struggle and force myself to combine the two in my head and come up with one list. But normally I do one after each preseason game (though sometimes my projections don't change at all).

and just rip the committee for the guys who made it over other more deserving guys in my eyes.

Well I posted one in another thread. You could just suggest who'd you'd take out and put in their place.

A couple of more games and weeks for me to mull this over. Should be fun.

Well you might want to set it up... so you know who in your mind is a lock, who's clearly out already and the rest who you might want to watch or take notice of (if you're going to do it). Also sometimes the last few positions can be a mental battle of who you want... like I wasn't sure if I wanted, a 4th RB, 4th TE, 4th OG, 4th ILB or 6th DL... I ended up going with the 4th OG because I'm just seem to be hearing a lot of good things about OG Walker including that he could be battling and maybe starting to pass OG Lane as the 3rd. But OGs just aren't a position I normally watch a lot of, and prefer having guys that can play C or OT as well... (though Walker did finish the preseason game at OT)

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

He likes Jeff Janis. And lately, Ty Montgomery.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
8 years ago

He likes Jeff Janis. And lately, Ty Montgomery.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah but two guys doesn't fill out a 53 man roster. .. which is the point of seeing who someone has near, on or over the 53 bubble. There is room for a lot of guys, so it's interesting to see who someone has making it and who doesn't.
UserPostedImage