Mucky Tundra
8 years ago
Nice to hear a guy like Ripkowski making ST plays. Need that kind of energy. Also agree with the article about Backman. He's probably not ready to make it this year given his background and the jump needed. But if he's on the PS, he'll be around for a roster call up for the season.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
8 years ago

Yeah I'm not buying much into this article... at least when it comes to UDFA hype and Abbrederis.

Crockett makes it because he's got better "pass catching ability" than Neal? Then why has Neal been getting chances on return duty? Because he's got some very good catching ability himself... Crockett and/or Harris very well might beat out Neal but I strongly doubt it's because of "catching ability" like the article suggest.

Rotheram too talented to cut? Since when?... How many OGs can one team keep? I think if healthy Sitton and Lang are locks and based on most reports I've read Taylor and Walker for the most part have been looking very good and clearly setting themselves apart in what might be one of the closest battles of camp as they try to claim the 3rd OG position. Wait... Rotheram is "A mauler at tackle but nimble enough to play guard" ... did he play OT? He was a RG in college and from reports I've read his strength was his run blocking and the reason they think he didn't get drafted was his pass blocking needs some work... now he's at OT in the pros?

Abbrederis over any healthy body right now is kind of questionable in it self.

He also cuts Backman, I'm not sure about that. If he can contribute on ST, he gets a legit shot. Seems like he can run routes and get open, he's just dropping balls.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If anyone can contribute on ST they have a legit shot... see Jarrett Bush for more details.

Backman is very athletic which is why he got drafted (same with Janis)... but if he can't get it together enough to earn the 3rd TE spot than he may be going to the practice squad as the 2nd FB is probably going to take one of the 4 spots that normally go to the TEs.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
I see why the media has to write this article, but I think it is pointless. I'd wait until next week.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I see why the media has to write this article, but I think it is pointless. I'd wait until next week.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

"Packerstalk" is as far from "media" as you can get.

The "article" or is it post or blog is laughable. The first blurb is on Crockett...whomever wrote this is completely clueless that Neal was a college WR and is incredibly natural in the passing game. Yet, Crockett is the "prohibitive" favorite because of what he can offer in the pass game? Couldn't laugh harder. The site says it's by the fans for the fans. It's no better and actually a lot worse than stuff you'll read from guys over here.

I'm embarrassed that these guys are linked or quoted for this site. Packerstalk is a fan site just like this. When are we going to start linking articles from Packerchatters or packerrats? My goodness.

Michael Rodney at least has some cred to him. Packerstalk is a joke.

Oh, I just had to go back for more and fell out when I read this:

RB RAJION NEAL #34

Neal’s experience gives him a lead in the third running back race, and he showed some burst against New England. The only problem is that he looks like the same player as James Starks, while guys like Crockett and Harris offer a little more of a variation for the offense. It’s more of a case of Crockett being a better fit as a receiving back than Neal, but hopefully the practice squad keeps him in Green Bay for another year and another shot.

===Dear Mike W. Please, for the love of...do some research on our players before writing Crockett is more natural in the pass game because he caught a TD pass. Cripes, if you watched the broadcast they even mentioned Neal's receiving prowess.

This is from Neal's Packers.com bio:

Served as a wide receiver, tailback and Wildcat quarterback as a sophomore in 2011, playing in 11 games with three starts at WR

---but, Crockett and Harris offer more "variation". Please, for the love of, do NOT get your info over there.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
8 years ago
Add to that there have been nothing but reports on neal out of camp about how great and smooth he looks as a receiver
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
There are a LOT of unmentioned players who ought to be either last in or first out. The more relevant thing at this point are the camp battles and who comes out ahead - and it's pretty early to say about those. Also, there is of course, the IR factor.

RB: I'll go with Harris in, Neal and Crockett out. He seems to have more talent, and pass catching can be learned.

FB: I don't see us keeping both. I think they try to Practice Squad Ripkowski. If he gets claimed, well, it ain't that hard to find somebody else next year or whenever Kuhn is done. Or maybe Kuhn gets cut now.

WR: I think we keep 6. The top 5 are pretty clear. Abbrederis is the big question mark - nary a word about his condition since the concussion occurred. If he's healthy, I still see him as the 6th. If he is IRed, Pinkard would seem the better choice than White for the 6th spot.

TE: I can't see keeping more than 3, so the battle is between Backman and Perillo. Perillo is a backup long snapper, and he is more polished, but Backman has more upside, and Ted likes his draft picks. I think he is in and Perillo out.

D Line: This is complicated by the suspensions, which I think don't count toward the 53 while suspended (right?). Nothing was said in the article about Ringo - does that mean in? or out? Who knows. I don't think either Thornton or Gaston stays beyond the duration of the suspensions. Datone Jones played with the scrubs in the Pat game. Is his spot in jeopardy? I think we go light on D Linemen - maybe only 5 - in order to keep somebody like Banjo.

LB: What a mishmash. 15 or 16 of them, and we keep 9 or 10 or even 11? I would LIKE to see Hubbard and Vaughters among the last in; I would like to see overripe fruit like Neal and Perry gone. It probably won't happen that way, but again, who knows?

DB: There were several pretty decent DBs in that game who don't have much chance to stick. I think we keep 11 including Gunter, Goodson, and Banjo. I'd like to see Richardson gone, but that probably won't happen.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
If he's healthy, I don't think there is a chance in hell we cut Neal. He's got way too much upside to him.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
sschind
8 years ago

"Packerstalk" is as far from "media" as you can get.

The "article" or is it post or blog is laughable. The first blurb is on Crockett...whomever wrote this is completely clueless that Neal was a college WR and is incredibly natural in the passing game. Yet, Crockett is the "prohibitive" favorite because of what he can offer in the pass game? Couldn't laugh harder. The site says it's by the fans for the fans. It's no better and actually a lot worse than stuff you'll read from guys over here.

I'm embarrassed that these guys are linked or quoted for this site. Packerstalk is a fan site just like this. When are we going to start linking articles from Packerchatters or packerrats? My goodness.

Michael Rodney at least has some cred to him. Packerstalk is a joke.

Oh, I just had to go back for more and fell out when I read this:

RB RAJION NEAL #34

Neal’s experience gives him a lead in the third running back race, and he showed some burst against New England. The only problem is that he looks like the same player as James Starks, while guys like Crockett and Harris offer a little more of a variation for the offense. It’s more of a case of Crockett being a better fit as a receiving back than Neal, but hopefully the practice squad keeps him in Green Bay for another year and another shot.

===Dear Mike W. Please, for the love of...do some research on our players before writing Crockett is more natural in the pass game because he caught a TD pass. Cripes, if you watched the broadcast they even mentioned Neal's receiving prowess.

This is from Neal's Packers.com bio:

Served as a wide receiver, tailback and Wildcat quarterback as a sophomore in 2011, playing in 11 games with three starts at WR

---but, Crockett and Harris offer more "variation". Please, for the love of, do NOT get your info over there.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The only person I put less stock in than Packers talk is Jersey Al. Well,if I remember correctly, there was another site but I think it was taken off the link list because of its complete idiocy.

Besides, shouldn't it be last five in last five out. I mean the first five out should be the easiest ones to cut right. You start out thinking who are we going to keep and who are we going to cut. Aaron Rodgers, keep (1st one in) Jermauria Rasco, cut (first one out)

uffda udfa
8 years ago

The only person I put less stock in than Packers talk is Jersey Al. Well,if I remember correctly, there was another site but I think it was taken off the link list because of its complete idiocy.

Besides, shouldn't it be last five in last five out. I mean the first five out should be the easiest ones to cut right. You start out thinking who are we going to keep and who are we going to cut. Aaron Rodgers, keep (1st one in) Jermauria Rasco, cut (first one out)

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Other than twitter, I never see Jersey Al...I remember sparring with him on something last offseason. Forget what it was but came away puzzled like I do here sometimes.

Those fan sites are fan sites for a reason...that is NOT where you go to get reliable info... I trust myself and Barfarn, steve, you, Z, etc. much more than these fan sites. There are some sharp people out there but sadly they don't run sites like Packerstalk.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
dhazer (5h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (5h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (21h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.