texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
1 Our DBs are way above average; Our pass rush is way above average; WHY does San Diego not play like they did today every game they play? They ought to win about 95% of the time.

2 AGAIN today, our O Line was absolutely horrible. Starks' big run was reversing his field away from there was no hole; Rodgers got rushed horrendously - they just collapsed the pocket back on him, even taking away his usual escape routes to the outside. Is it O Line coaching or poor personnel or both? The Chargers - with all the injuries they have - put together an O Line that vastly outplayed others. In virtually every game I saw parts of on Redzone as well as the night game, both teams had extremely better protection for their QB than we ever have and a lot more openings on run plays also.

3 The Bye Week is getting here just in time. We survived a lot of bad shit and still managed to get to 6-0. Hopefully now the team can get a little healthier, fix a few things, and get back to playing better football.

4 Regarding the hard count offsides and free play thing, it's like I was afraid would happen - the officials decided - correctly I suppose - to blow the play dead instead of letting it go like they did a few times in earlier weeks. Oh well, at least we get the 5 yards.

5 Our rookie DBs are gonna be really good, but they still get beat too much and have a lot to learn.

6 Other than most of O Line most of the time, I really didn't see any Packer play too badly.

7 A Win is a Win is a Win!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
blueleopard
8 years ago
Regarding the offsides stuff, Bakhtiari and Sitton need to stop getting all excited and pointing at the defensive players lining up in the neutral zone. Just play the fucking game and the free plays will come.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Regarding the offsides stuff, Bakhtiari and Sitton need to stop getting all excited and pointing at the defensive players lining up in the neutral zone. Just play the fucking game and the free plays will come.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

That is what they are supposed to do.
Look closer, they are not just jumping up and pointing, they are getting thenselves in position to block if the refs don't blow the play dead.

Every team does it.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
Quote from James Stark's

"I was pushing the pile , and I spun out of the pile and there was nobody there. It was a free lane and I tried to use my speed to get out there."

Why was there a free lane?
Because EVERYONE on the line held there blocks and the 2 db's both collapsed and gave up contain.

The right side of The Packers line gives up on the play and there is no free lane.

Again Stark's

"The offensive line was doing a great job, giving me holes to pick from, breaking tackles, even the receivers were getting on their guys, doing the extra, to spring it loose.

10 carrys 112 yds. Take out the 65 ad
Still have 9 for 57.
6.3 is not a bad average.

The problem isn't the line, its an injured Eddie Lacy and the small number of attempts

Texas you have been screamING all year that The Packers need to forget the run and just throw the ball.

That is what The Chargers did , in the end the stats might look great but which team won the game?

Sometimes what you think you see, usnt what really happens.

The Packers need to get healthy the next 2 weeks, that is the only real problem this team has.

So far they have had the depth to survive, any team can only go next man up a certain number of times, then it starts to effect the outcomes of games.

6-0 !!!!!

3 game lead in the division!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Yeah, that pisses me off. Do they WANT the whistle to blow? Take the free play, assholes.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
8 years ago
Some people are freaking out over this 500 yards stuff but Rivers threw 65 freaking passes and his average wasn't anything special. He had almost as many incompletions as Rodgers had attempts. SD also couldn't run the ball. Their last 4 possessions (starting halfway through the 3rd quarter) ended in Punt, FG, Punt, Turnover on Downs. You can cry about yards all you want and the defense needs to do a better job getting off the field for sure but they were far from bad and came up clutch when it mattered which is a big thing they've been lacking in recent years.

The thing that bugged me about it was Capers insistence on blitzing constantly just for the sake of blitzing. That works great against QBs that aren't good at making quick decisions but good QBs always have somewhere to go with the ball when you blitz them. Their O-line was weak which is a great opportunity to let off on the blitzes and let 4 guys get at them. We needed the extra men in coverage more than we needed to throw more bodies at their busted line. I don't know what Capers was thinking especially because Rivers has historically been very good against blitzes. We needed to make him hold the ball a little longer because we have the horses to get after QBs even without blitzing.
Smokey
8 years ago
The Packers faced their toughest challenge yet this season against the Chargers. Yes, players had to step up and play in place of some starters and yes mistakes were made. Rivers performance had many of us on the edge of our seats as he delivered a fine performance.

Despite all of the less than great Packer level plays, there were also some brilliant plays. In addition, valuable experience was gained by rookies, who performed well (mostly). They will benefit from this game as will the Packers.

This win against a strong opponent has shown perhaps the best quality that champions all have, and that is Heart. I saw players that refused to give up. While much shall be learned from this victory, the greatest lesson to be celebrated has to be that the Packers have the Heart needed to carry them to a SB victory.

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
also Starks should have gotten some more work, he was on fire and Rodgers was out of rythm with this set of WRs. This would have been a game to lean on the run more because it was working and wouldn't have put so much on Rodgers shoulders when he was just a bit off on some plays.
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Quote from James Stark's

"I was pushing the pile , and I spun out of the pile and there was nobody there. It was a free lane and I tried to use my speed to get out there."

Why was there a free lane?
Because EVERYONE on the line held there blocks and the 2 db's both collapsed and gave up contain.

The right side of The Packers line gives up on the play and there is no free lane.

Again Stark's

"The offensive line was doing a great job, giving me holes to pick from, breaking tackles, even the receivers were getting on their guys, doing the extra, to spring it loose.

Still have 9 for 57.

The problem isn't the line, its an injured Eddie Lacy and the small number of attempts

Texas you have been screamING all year that The Packers need to forget the run and just throw the ball.

That is what The Chargers did , in the end the stats might look great but which team won the game?

Sometimes what you think you see, usnt what really happens.

The Packers need to get healthy the next 2 weeks, that is the only real problem this team has.

So far they have had the depth to survive, any team can only go next man up a certain number of times, then it starts to effect the outcomes of games.

6-0 !!!!!

3 game lead in the division!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

What's Starks gonna say? "they played like crap; I did it all on my own"? which basically is what happened on the big run - the Chargers overpursued - which really wasn't necessary since their right side had our left side all stacked up. Nobody stayed home and Starks ran to a lot of backside daylight. Richard Rodgers did seal off nicely on that play though. R Rodgers has been doing a lot of good things lately.

Glad you're paying attention to my posts hahahaha. Yeah, pretty much screaming pass first, running downs with a weak O Line are wasted downs. San Diego, a distinctly LESSER team did that to the max - against our fairly excellent defense - and nearly pulled an upset. Just imagine what would happen if a superior team albeit with a bad O Line tried the same thing or maybe just a slightly less extreme version.

Depth is indeed a wonderful thing, but no question about it, Aaron Rodgers makes it all possible - even when he's playing a little less than his best. I'm not so sure getting healthy is gonna help, as most of the people out are the ones who were weak contributors when they were playing. Just having the time to R E L A X and reload and refocus should help both the offense and defense.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
8 years ago

Stark's
Still have 9 for 57.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

also Starks should have gotten some more work, he was on fire and Rodgers was out of rythm with this set of WRs. This would have been a game to lean on the run more because it was working and wouldn't have put so much on Rodgers shoulders when he was just a bit off on some plays.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yeah honestly I don't understand...
[list]
  • Why did Starks get so little attempts and looks?
  • When Starks got hot, why did they abandon him?
  • Why fan haven't been more upset; if this had been reversed and the passing game got hot and they kept trying to run it, some fans would be calling for someone to be fired (not that anyone should be fired), but someone should be verbally smacked up the side of the head.
  • [/list]

Also for all those claiming they NEED another WR/TE now, lets also give them some credit for getting the pieces they needed on defense they might be playing ugly at times, but they're outplaying the offense and being able to put the dagger into teams. Last time that happen the Packers won the Super Bowl at the end of the year. Not saying that's going to happen again, but who knows.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (3h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (5h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (5h) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (7h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (7h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (7h) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (8h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (8h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (19h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (20h) : damn those vikings
    beast (21h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (21h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (21h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (21h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (21h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.