sschind
8 years ago
Pissed away unnecessarily? Is it ever necessary to piss a season away?
nerdmann
8 years ago

So, we were "in control" in the 2nd and 3rd quarters? We were down 7-6 at half but we were "in control" in the 2nd quarter? Delusion, Nerd. You're full on. This team was never close to being in control in this game.

The team scored 13 points before the 2nd hail mary. 13 point lead vs. Arizona unless it was with 2 minutes left wouldn't be an in control thing with their offensive capabilities.

Do you type to convince the readers here or yourself? Even here, I don't think you would find a single soul who would agree that the Packers were "in control" at any point in this game and that blows your big point that we pissed the game away. You can create that all day every day. We know you think the Packers should never ever lose and be 160-0 in regular season under TT.

This team was BRUTAL most of the season. It's a miracle we won a playoff game. It's a miracle we hung with Arizona. CONTROL? ControLOL!!!!

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If you want delusion, look no further than the mirror, Mr. Janis Is Better than Jerry Rice.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
voiceofreason
8 years ago

So, we were "in control" in the 2nd and 3rd quarters? We were down 7-6 at half but we were "in control" in the 2nd quarter? Delusion, Nerd. You're full on. This team was never close to being in control in this game.

The team scored 13 points before the 2nd hail mary. 13 point lead vs. Arizona unless it was with 2 minutes left wouldn't be an in control thing with their offensive capabilities.

Do you type to convince the readers here or yourself? Even here, I don't think you would find a single soul who would agree that the Packers were "in control" at any point in this game and that blows your big point that we pissed the game away. You can create that all day every day. We know you think the Packers should never ever lose and be 160-0 in regular season under TT.

This team was BRUTAL most of the season. It's a miracle we won a playoff game. It's a miracle we hung with Arizona. CONTROL? ControLOL!!!!

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

We went 10-6. If that is a BRUTAL season perhaps you expect too much. Miracle's or not we did win a playoff game, easily. We also took a supposedly far superior team to the absolute limit. If that stupid fucking coin would have fallen the other way we would very likely be discussing one of the greatest playoff performances ever.(By we I mean the rest of the forum not you. You only seem to show up when times are tough) We never had control, but that game tying drive sure as hell gave us momentum.

blank
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Thank god this is just the internet. If this was a Packer Party I was hosting I'd have to throw to many of you out for being stupid.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
8 years ago
Think of all the players that were lost for some or all of the season.
Jordy Nelson, Quarles, Adams, Cobb, Ty Montgomery, Abberderis, and all the injuries on the O-line.
Then we had 2 rookie D-backs on the field. Yet we won one playoff game and darn near the second.

The "fans" that are pissing and moaning so much now are the same ones that said we were going to be "one and done" going into the playoffs. It almost seems they were more mad that the Packers beat the Redskins.
It made them have to wait one more week before they could restart their "bitching fest".
They get more joy out of complaining then they do out of a Packer win.
Am I mistaken...didn't the Packers win Super Bowl 45, or did I imagine that?
To listen to some of the people here you'd think the Packers never did ANYTHING right.
As I have said before, only ONE team each year wins it all.
There are fans of the other 31 teams that are disappointed. Most who didn't even see their team MAKE the playoffs or win even ONE Super Bowl in the last 50 years.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

We went 10-6. If that is a BRUTAL season perhaps you expect too much. Miracle's or not we did win a playoff game, easily. We also took a supposedly far superior team to the absolute limit. If that stupid fucking coin would have fallen the other way we would very likely be discussing one of the greatest playoff performances ever.(By we I mean the rest of the forum not you. You only seem to show up when times are tough) We never had control, but that game tying drive sure as hell gave us momentum.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Yes, our season was BRUTAL. Who did we beat this season? Washington? That team beat NOBODY with a winning record. Seattle? That team was reeling from the SB hangover early and playing very poorly.

The only credible win this team had all season was over Minnesota at Minnesota. I would say that is a brutal season. Losing at home to Detroit who hadn't beat us in nearly a quarter century and then falling to the Bears...then the Vikings? We hadn't done that in 50 years. I would say that qualifies as BRUTAL. Watching this offense perform was like a trip to the dentist. The MVP's body language was embarrassing to the term "professional". The OL was a joke. Lacy was panned for most of the year as fat and out of shape. Davante Adams was the bust of all busts. Randall proved he was no #1 WR. Richard Rodgers showed what a slug he is. Ty Montgomery was the one bright spot this season on offense. Abby and Janis came on late. Aaron Rodgers was awful this season. The way we closed this season is exactly how a BRUTAL team would close out the year. The win over Detroit wasn't a real win any more than our loss at Seattle on the Fail Mary was a real loss. Both were gifts in the opposite direction. The spirit of the game says we lost at Detroit and won at Seattle although that's not how it is in record books.

Nerd...your assertion that I thought or think Janis is Jerry Rice is only something that you have stated I've said. I've never said anything remotely like that. In fact, it was quite the opposite as Rice and his measurables weren't anywhere near comparable to JJ's. You are the one who made the ridiculous jump. I don't say ridiculous things. You have Boardwalk and Park Place with hotels on typing ridiculous things. Your choice of language is befitting of a child. I'm embarrassed a presumably grown man types what you do on this board. This is a game you watch on TV and you use expletives left and right? That ain't Packer People by any definition. Be a Raiders or Eagles fan.

Arizona was a farce this season. Propped up by a very watered down NFL. Seattle knocked the living daylights out of them and Minnesota should've beaten them earlier this season. The Carolina Panthers are a 15-1 type of team? Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee. It's a shame we played so poorly during a year where there were no legit teams. We were horrible this year but the league was terribly down. Expect too much? I don't expect to watch offense like that...ever...save for 3rd and 4th quarters of preseason games. In a bad bad bad NFL this season we were 10-6 losing to the division AT HOME....again, first time in 50 years. That's BRUTAL and EMBARRASSING to boot.

I'm actually with Barfarn on Rodgers... his immaturity on the field coupled with his lack of production and terrible decision making has me wondering if he isn't Rick Ankiel. Of course, he's back next season. Perhaps, he returns to form...I don't know. Rodgers was not stellar or great yesterday. He had way less than 200 yards passing before the final drive. Not sure what you watched but I think some of you have projected the '95 team onto this one. This one wasn't good. I loved Hundley in preseason. Would've loved to have seen him during our doldrums this season. This O needed a spark. It was like watching Seneca Wallace fail. We tried other things when he failed...of course, we're sticking with the MVP but the results weren't good and something else should've been attempted.

Glad this year is over. I would only pray for real change in this org. The staleness of things needs a shakeup. Now, that we were "in control" yesterday and really "should've won" here comes the ol' status quo. Great. Just great.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
8 years ago
Yeah.... I can't wait till we are back to a 4-12 season, and 20 straight seasons of not even making the playoffs.
Yeah.... THOSE were the days!!!
Our team SUCKS going 10-6 and winning an away playoff game and coming one position from the NFC title game.
Yeah...just plain BRUTAL!!!
I think I'll become a Bears or Lions fan. They are MUCH better!
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Yeah.... I can't wait till we are back to a 4-12 season, and 20 straight seasons of not even making the playoffs.
Our team SUCKS going 10-6 and winning an away playoff game and coming one position from the NFC title game.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Did we win the Lombardi this year... or last? Neither did Chicago or Detroit. The way I see it all 3 teams are gearing up trying to win one and didn't. You either win it all or fall short. Bragging about falling a little less short? If it's 4th down and 1 and you get stuffed for no gain or you gain 2/3rds of a yard you're still short and that's what matters.

I'm not a fan of making the playoffs so fans can brag about it knowing we fell short of the goal.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm mainly disgusted because of the WAY they lost.

I guess only showing up for 2 quarters every week is ok to you guys. Just don't bitch when we end up 4-12 as a result. Say one thing about those Bart Starr teams, but I don't remember them leaving probowlers uncovered in sudden death.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
8 years ago
Comparing teams of the 1960s to today is SOOO different. Back then if you had good players, you probably had them for their entire careers. Today, free agency breaks up good teams every year. HUGE difference.
And "falling short of a goal?" Every team has that goal every year. But as I said, ONLY ONE each YEAR achieves that ultimate goal!
Do I want my team to win it? YES!
But it's not like they sucked or didn't try their best!
UserPostedImage