PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

We got further in the whole thing than we should have. Most of us knew that by week 8. I blame Ted, seems like most of you disagree and want to put it on MM.

Those that want to blame Aaron Rodgers --- not feeling that.

I vote we spend time in the off-season starting from the top, complaint / whining-wise.

I'll start.

Look at who Ted activated for our last game to fill the roster.

Someone explain that move.

Research and advise ... I saw an article on JS online about it.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Just a guess, but bringing up a DB rather than a WR had nothing to do with who was going to make the active game roster. It was about who they thought would be needed for the next week of practice should they win. Neither was going to make it onto the playing field during the game.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Smokey
8 years ago
Yet another Ted Thompson Season. [tt]

Maintaining the Status Que sense ...

UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

Well you can want in one hand and crap in the other one for all I care. I'm not humoring your little scenario with a response. Don't lump me into one of your little categories of fans.

There's a difference between rolling up the score and securing a win. McCarthy has pissed away more games as the Packers head coach by going conservative, unnecessarily. And he did it again Saturday night. How many times is acceptable for a fan to watch the coach do this and not call for his head?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Its not such a little category since it contains most fans. Those with double standards. I guess because Mike McCarthy has gone conservative so much, something I don't disagree with, it would be acceptable for him to go bush league every now and then.
Cheesey
8 years ago
Uffda, I get your point. I just think it's short sighted.
When was the last time the Browns won a Super Bowl?
Think that that makes them the SAME as the Packers?
Only ONE team wins the super bowl. So would you say the team that makes it to the super bowl but loses it is the same as a team that goes say, 4-12?
It seems that's what you are saying.
A few breaks can make or break your season.
The Packers almost didn't even make the playoffs in 2010. They were the 6th seed. Yet they won it all.
Making the playoffs DOES matter. It gives you a CHANCE to win it all.
If the Packers had won the coin toss last weekend, maybe THEY would be going to the NFC title game.
One bad bounce can put you in, or take you out.
Do I WANT the Packers to always win the SB? Heck yes! But that's NOT being realistic.
In a few weeks the 50th SB winner will be crowned.
That's only 50 in 50 years, of which my team has won 4. Two in the last 20 years.
There are many teams that have never even won ONE.
And I believe my team will be in the hunt next year if they can get a few breaks health wise. The talent is there.

To act like they totally suck....well....it makes me wonder why you even watch the games if you are that synical.
I mean, you can be that way if you want......I just don't see how you can get any joy out of it.

UserPostedImage
voiceofreason
8 years ago
Masochism is very confusing to me. Only 1 of 32 teams can win the super bowl. If I were to become unreasonably upset every time my team failed to win based on the odds involved? Bail.
blank
nerdmann
8 years ago

Only ONE team wins the super bowl. So would you say the team that makes it to the super bowl but loses it is the same as a team that goes say, 4-12?
The Packers almost didn't even make the playoffs in 2010. They were the 6th seed. Yet they won it all.
If the Packers had won the coin toss last weekend, maybe THEY would be going to the NFC title game.
Do I WANT the Packers to always win the SB? Heck yes! But that's NOT being realistic.
That's only 50 in 50 years, of which my team has won 4. Two in the last 20 years.
And I believe my team will be in the hunt next year if they can get a few breaks health wise. The talent is there.

To act like they totally suck....well....it makes me wonder why you even watch the games if you are that synical.
I mean, you can be that way if you want......I just don't see how you can get any joy out of it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We all get Uffda's points. We just find them silly.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 years ago

Masochism is very confusing to me. Only 1 of 32 teams can win the super bowl. If I were to become unreasonably upset every time my team failed to win based on the odds involved? Bail.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

For me it's not THAT they lose. It's how they continue to do so, over and over again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Do you feel this Packers team gave their best effort this season? I include what the GM did this offseason in that. Did what we do this year scream to you SuperBowl or Bust? I know that it didn't but I'm asking to make a point. Why don't we? You think we have it so good as Packers fans because we're not Cleveland, right? Cleveland is probably going to do more to get better this offseason than we will. They've already said enough of Pettine realizing he wasn't the right guy. Carousel of HC's isn't a good thing but mindset to not accept failure is.

The Packers have been a nice team for awhile. Why is it wrong to wish for them to be the best and not accept them not being anything but?

Cleveland has as much of a chance to win it all next year as we do. I'm only using your mentality about being in the playoffs and extending that to being in the NFL. Cleveland and Green Bay are both in the same NFL and will be at 0-0 next season. Both have the same chance to go on and win just like you say about us having a chance to win if we're in the playoffs. All playoff teams start 0-0 so they all have a chance.

Packers did suck this season. You're saying they didn't? Okay.

When was the last time you felt like the Packers should win the SB? That is the feeling you should have on occasion. Most of us, if honest, would admit we have the feeling this team will make the playoffs and get knocked out of them. I feel that way right now for next year but I'm not as sure about making the playoffs this time around.

We had that horrible season under Sherman at the end...was necessary. It was used as impetus for change. We rid ourselves of Favre and went 6-10... a step backward to go forward. Were you upset about the 6-10 season. I wasn't because I knew we were going the right direction with Rodgers while going the wrong way with Favre. Just because you make the playoffs like we did under Brett and or Sherman doesn't mean one bit that either were the right direction. They were both wrong. You wouldn't have known that though or even longed for it in your cocoon of things being good enough and having a chance with Brett to win it all. Right now what we are is not good enough and has not been good enough but you're content. No vision to see that change is needed to get there comfortable and happy with where we are because we had a chance this year. I don't understand people that think that way. They're dead wrong but they can be happy.

Aaron Rodgers should've been to more than one SB by age 33...he hasn't been and I will bet under this regime he will never be again and that is shameful...to me.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

voiceofreason
8 years ago

Do you feel this Packers team gave their best effort this season? I include what the GM did this offseason in that. Did what we do this year scream to you SuperBowl or Bust? I know that it didn't but I'm asking to make a point. Why don't we? You think we have it so good as Packers fans because we're not Cleveland, right? Cleveland is probably going to do more to get better this offseason than we will. They've already said enough of Pettine realizing he wasn't the right guy. Carousel of HC's isn't a good thing but mindset to not accept failure is.

The Packers have been a nice team for awhile. Why is it wrong to wish for them to be the best and not accept them not being anything but?

Cleveland has as much of a chance to win it all next year as we do. I'm only using your mentality about being in the playoffs and extending that to being in the NFL. Cleveland and Green Bay are both in the same NFL and will be at 0-0 next season. Both have the same chance to go on and win just like you say about us having a chance to win if we're in the playoffs. All playoff teams start 0-0 so they all have a chance.

Packers did suck this season. You're saying they didn't? Okay.

When was the last time you felt like the Packers should win the SB? That is the feeling you should have on occasion. Most of us, if honest, would admit we have the feeling this team will make the playoffs and get knocked out of them. I feel that way right now for next year but I'm not as sure about making the playoffs this time around.

We had that horrible season under Sherman at the end...was necessary. It was used as impetus for change. We rid ourselves of Favre and went 6-10... a step backward to go forward. Were you upset about the 6-10 season. I wasn't because I knew we were going the right direction with Rodgers while going the wrong way with Favre. Just because you make the playoffs like we did under Brett and or Sherman doesn't mean one bit that either were the right direction. They were both wrong. You wouldn't have known that though or even longed for it in your cocoon of things being good enough and having a chance with Brett to win it all. Right now what we are is not good enough and has not been good enough but you're content. No vision to see that change is needed to get there comfortable and happy with where we are because we had a chance this year. I don't understand people that think that way. They're dead wrong but they can be happy.

Aaron Rodgers should've been to more than one SB by age 33...he hasn't been and I will bet under this regime he will never be again and that is shameful...to me.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Only 1 team doesn't get knocked out. How do you not get that? Even if you were a Pats fan you would come off as a whiner. None of us are content with losing, but it doesn't mean that not winning it all is a total failure. There is room for grey area.

blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Only 1 team doesn't get knocked out. How do you not get that? Even if you were a Pats fan you would come off as a whiner. None of us are content with losing, but it doesn't mean that not winning it all is a total failure. There is room for grey area.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

There is no room for grey area for me. Some are black and white (me)... some aren't (you). Have you read people here for very long? That's part of my point...many here ARE CONTENT with losing. It's still bringing them "tiers of satisfaction" watching the team not win it all.

I surely understand you're not going to win the SB every year. However, you should not be able to clearly see that a team you follow isn't sold out to win another one as you can with this team.

The Patriots try very hard year after year to get there. Broncos under Elway the same. Niners under Harbaugh the same. Seattle under Schneider and Carroll the same. Us? LOL. Are you freaking kidding. None of you could ever say with a straight face that this org is sold out to win the SB because it isn't. The others mentioned are sold out to win and they still don't win just like we don't but there is respect given in the fact of the way they operate. Mindset. Mike McCarthy actually preached it before the Seattle game last year and Arizona this year. That is what is needed CONSISTENTLY throughout the entire season...not just a singular moment. If you're doing that consistently all year when you get to that one moment where you speak with bravado you're going to have a much better chance of realizing your goal. There is no flipping of the switch. A stupid and dangerous mentality to actual winning.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."