uffda udfa
8 years ago
http://www.nbcsports.com/video/mike-mccarthy-hot-seat-after-another-green-bay-packers-playoff-failure 

--- How interesting to see a national voice with a bit more objectivity than Packers fans themselves lays out some harsh truth of the failure in Green Bay under Mike McCarthy and TT.

Couldn't agree with him more than I do. I would say it isn't next year he should be on the hot seat it should've started before this season. One more failure and hopefully he's gone. Too bad Aaron will be 34 by then and perhaps it'll be too late to realize what should've been realized by now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

rabidgopher04
8 years ago
I'm not one to have jumped quickly on the fire Mike McCarthy bandwagon, but I think it's time. Kind of how Dungy was fired from Tampa Bay - he couldn't get them over the hump. Even with Manning, they only won one Super Bowl. I just don't think Mike is the guy to get it done and he's had 10 years to prove it. One Super Bowl, with the talent we have/had is not enough.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Barfarn
8 years ago
Is this what I sound like when i say get rid of Rodgers?😂 😂
Mike McCarthy is BY FAR the best coach we've had [Maybe Lombardi is an exception].

Holmgren spent 10 years in Seattle went to POs 6 years; but only had 3 legit playoff teams and only won 4 PO games. He had 3 teams go to POs with 9-7 records from a despicably weak division.

MM's development of the youngsters and taking a late 1st rnd QB and molding him into a HOFer cannot even be duplicated by Belichek. His game plans for AZ and Seattle last year were brilliant.

Good thing: Mike McCarthy is 100% safe until Murphy or Ted Thompson issue a vote of confidence.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Is this what I sound like when i say get rid of Rodgers?😂 😂

Mike McCarthy is BY FAR the best coach we've had [Maybe Lombardi is an exception].

Holmgren spent 10 years in Seattle went to POs 6 years; but only had 3 legit playoff teams and only won 4 PO games. He had 3 teams go to POs with 9-7 records from a despicably weak division.

MM's development of the youngsters and taking a late 1st rnd QB and molding him into a HOFer cannot even be duplicated by Belichek. His game plans for AZ and Seattle last year were brilliant.

Good thing: Mike McCarthy is 100% safe until Murphy or Ted Thompson issue a vote of confidence.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Yes. 😎

How did ol' Billy B do in Cleveland before joining the Patriots. Fired from the Cleveland Browns.

Okay... We've got one intelligent voice saying it's not the coaching. That leaves our GM or our players at fault for our 5 years in a row of playoff failure.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

dhazer
8 years ago

Yes. 😎

How did ol' Billy B do in Cleveland before joining the Patriots. Fired from the Cleveland Browns.

Okay... We've got one intelligent voice saying it's not the coaching. That leaves our GM or our players at fault for our 5 years in a row of playoff failure.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

uffda I had to check your facts to find out about Billy B, and he was not fired from the Browns. He was fired when they moved to Baltimore and started a new team. And your right look what Mike McCarthy did with a 1st round qb that could have easily been picked #1 but dropped. Billy only took a 6th round qb and made him into a sure fire HOFer 😝 BTW his time in Cleveland brought a playoff team to them. Damn can't we get this guy in Green Bay lol

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
He should be on the hot seat. This teams offense is his system and it became one of the worst in the nfl for most of the year. He stubbornly kept saying the players just need to play better when it was clear they couldn't. He had no answer to whatever was wrong and I'm worried about next year even though Jordy is coming back unless something gets changed scheme wise. I think teams figured out mikes offense and he doesn't know what to do about it
Mucky Tundra
8 years ago
For me, he's been on the hot seat since the wild card loss vs the 49ers. I said here last year in the middle of season that he should earn his extension in the playoffs and not before. If he's not going now, then the coaching staff needs more new blood than two position coaches.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He should be on the hot seat. This teams offense is his system and it became one of the worst in the nfl for most of the year. He stubbornly kept saying the players just need to play better when it was clear they couldn't. He had no answer to whatever was wrong and I'm worried about next year even though Jordy is coming back unless something gets changed scheme wise. I think teams figured out mikes offense and he doesn't know what to do about it

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I gotta believe he's panicked by this and is even more so now that Joe Philbin has no chance of coming back to help rescue him. Who is he going to get to help him as an OC? He's going to be calling plays so what OC wants to be here in some support role. Sherman Lewis can attest that ain't good for your future upward mobility being an OC who doesn't call plays. Without fresh blood I think history will repeat itself and many here expecting the return of Jordy to be a panacea will be left scratching their heads and all of a sudden finding they happen to agree with getting someone else in here.

If this org just shuffles the deck with coaches it's really doesn't bode well for next season with or without Jordy. This offense was stymied by good defenses for years and once you take away our deep game we're a pretty below average offense. This is why long before this season I pined for SPEED, SPEED, SPEED. That is one of the main reasons I bang the Janis drum so hard. He's the one guy who can change games with it. We need more speed. I'm dying to see if our GM has actually gotten through his skull that we need to improve our team speed at WR, TE and RB? If he doesn't get it, now, then he never will.

We can talk all day about coaching records and the like but when a coach is a great coach it's always funny to note the type of players he has around him and how they perform when they don't have great QB's. I still think Belichick with Matt Cassell at QB is the best validation of how great that organization actually is top to bottom coaching on down to the players.

UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Right now only way Mike is on the Hot Seat, is if Ted is on the Hot Seat. Because at right now, only way Mike is leaving is if new GM comes in and "brings in their guys".

I think this was a very bad year for Mike. It showed he as trouble adjusting. Back in 2010 most of the injuries were to the defense so Mike didn't have that much adjustment, only Finley and having the WR corp made it so the offense really didn't need to change. This year he didn't adjust when players got hurt, and that is what Great coaches do.

I do lay more blame on Ted though for not being able to get all the way again. I love the draft and develop approach, but that can only take you so far. Drafting the Best players regardless of position gets you good players, but it can't fill every position because the odds of the best player matching your biggest needs is not very good. FA is where you can fill needs. All we are doing now is drafting and developing to keep the status quo.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
8 years ago

Right now only way Mike is on the Hot Seat, is if Ted is on the Hot Seat. Because at right now, only way Mike is leaving is if new GM comes in and "brings in their guys".

I think this was a very bad year for Mike. It showed he as trouble adjusting. Back in 2010 most of the injuries were to the defense so Mike didn't have that much adjustment, only Finley and having the WR corp made it so the offense really didn't need to change. This year he didn't adjust when players got hurt, and that is what Great coaches do.

I do lay more blame on Ted though for not being able to get all the way again. I love the draft and develop approach, but that can only take you so far. Drafting the Best players regardless of position gets you good players, but it can't fill every position because the odds of the best player matching your biggest needs is not very good. FA is where you can fill needs. All we are doing now is drafting and developing to keep the status quo.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Ted gave us good enough players to advance beyond where we went this year AND last year.

Mike's system is good and his QB development is great, but he goes into a shell late in games and "plays not to lose." Which causes him to lose.

He seems to have a psychological block which prevents him from dominating lesser opponents.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.