Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2016-02-10T17:35:07Z
During the season it was stated several times that during this off-season things would be drastically changing. Perhaps the drastic change is simply more transparent structure and expectations. When these changes will be implemented is unknown. Right now, life is more important and I hope you understand that.

PACKERSHOME is going to be 10 years old later this year and it is time we get back to what made PH great. It will happen, even if that means a few more recognizable people are vanquished.

I've worked too hard, put too much time and effort to let this site go to the curb without giving one helluva damn fight.

Share your complaints at bluntly as possible regarding anything or anyone. No holds barred. Change is a must.

- 'rules' need to be transparent and as black/white as possible
- as consistent enforcement of rules as humanly possible
- halt personal bickering swiftly
- focus on topics
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
2016-02-10T20:36:30Z
Good for you. The personal attacks should not happen no matter how much you disagree with the subject matter of someone's post. I cause trouble without intent due to my criticism of our management. I should be able to do that in peace without people feeling personally offended. Nobody here plays or manages the Packers but by the responses I receive you'd never know that.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."
dhazer
2016-02-10T20:52:41Z
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Good for you. The personal attacks should not happen no matter how much you disagree with the subject matter of someone's post. I cause trouble without intent due to my criticism of our management. I should be able to do that in peace without people feeling personally offended. Nobody here plays or manages the Packers but by the responses I receive you'd never know that.




I feel offended because I was the well known Ted Thompson hater and Rodgers hater, the wagon is getting to full some people need to get off so i can have my peace again 😊 I do miss the old days Kevin when we felt like a family in here and i hate to say it but that is gone. I try and help out as much as I can, but as you said along time ago we have to make this place great as a group. But I still give ya the props on this whole thing. Damn 10 years already I feel old. I remember i first came here with Dfoster and you told me from day 1 you wouldn't ban me because I couldn't stand Ted Thompson and from then on it was history. So Thank you very much for it all Kevin. I don't think people say that enough to you, it's not like this site is free to run either.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
nerdmann
2016-02-10T21:23:38Z
Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Good for you. The personal attacks should not happen no matter how much you disagree with the subject matter of someone's post. I cause trouble without intent due to my criticism of our management. I should be able to do that in peace without people feeling personally offended. Nobody here plays or manages the Packers but by the responses I receive you'd never know that.



You "cause trouble" by repeating yourself over and over again, misrepresenting other peoples' argumentation, then repeating your spiel over and over again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
68md
2016-02-10T21:58:28Z
I'll get scolded for this by most but it's time for permanent mods and a list of preset rules... I know I know I am a flipping Nazi blah blah but I am speaking frankly Kevin worked his ass off building this site. He shouldn't have to come here and get crap from anyone at all.

I am not sure any of you know how much work goes into updating software..dealing with hosting and the numerous other tasks site owners go through but it's not worth listening to some knuckle head bitch and moan because he didn't get his way waaaahhh.


Also being a member of a forum/message board etc is a privilege not a right... you can't join .. walk in the door and expect to be treated like god's gift. Further everyone has an opinion, just because it doesn't match yours doesn't make "insert name " an asshole.The other side of that is once you state your point stop bloody arguing for 8 pages because no one else shares your viewpoint.. that's trolling in the forum world and almost all boards toss your ass for it plain and simple.

Don't fuck up a good thing here people because Kevin is one of the last real forum owners left... we have both watched board after board fold or sell and or go to shit.

Thanks for the hard work Zero and PH family it's your home treat it like you would your own home. [twocents]
2016-02-10T22:48:01Z
Originally Posted by: 68md 


Don't fuck up a good thing here people because Kevin is one of the last real forum owners left... we have both watched board after board fold or sell and or go to shit.

Thanks for the hard work Zero and PH family it's your home treat it like you would your own home. [twocents]



Mic drop!


Also I know i'm not as well known around these parts as most. But I have been lingering around here since around 2006 or 7 if I had to guess and I have always found this board to be full of much more genuine and intelligent folks compared to other NFL boards.

I tried interacting on another well known packers forum during my high school years (02-05) but rarely found anyone willing to acknowledge my existence because I was some "dumb" bandwagon noob. Here most everyone has at least acknowledged and somewhat respected my opinion so I that I am thankful for!


Cheers all! Here's to another 10!

uffda udfa
2016-02-10T23:35:14Z
I heard trolling mentioned. I've read the definition and arguing for a million pages is in no way trolling if you're genuine in what you're saying.

A troll purposely tries doing things to sow discord for personal jollies. I have never done such but have heard the label. Define the word in the rules so it's clear for everyone. Troll should not mean that someone is tired of what you're saying just because they're offended by your belief. If 20 posters seconded a positive notion that is considered just fine but that's far more dangerous to board health than what has been incorrectly labeled trolling. It becomes as convenient as the race card and equally misapplied.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."
Zero2Cool
2016-02-11T00:04:16Z
What is Trolling?
In my earlier days of forumwhoring we labeled people who would pop into a Packers forum and say something like "Aaron Rodgers is an overated piece of garbage with granny panties wedged up his ass" as trolls.

This was back in the very late 90's and early 2000's so maybe the definition has morphed, but to me, that's the definition I'm familiar with.


I really don't think we have that issue here that much and those who do come in with a chirp like that we all have collectively shrugged it off.


Honestly, I really feel the biggest issue with the website is me. I hate rules, I mean I really hate rules. How do you decide what is a rule? Does said rule have loopholes? Does said rule have a black/white line? Is said rule easily enforced? Are consequences easily enforced? It's a lot more work than I believe most care to realize.

I have a lot of notes jotted down from the last several months and I need to figure out how to succinctly craft them into something that's concise and easily understood. That's on me. That is my responsibility.

PACKERSHOME is not a cesspool or anything like that. FLORIDA PACKER88 summed up exactly what I want viewers to see when they hit PH. Ability to freely share their thought (even if it is that Janis is God and Adams is poopoo).

The forum software has some features that I'm going to be modifying, but it's just so hard to get to it when I feel I have to babysit. I know it sounds like whining, maybe it is, but it's also the truth. I come here to be informed and learn something and above all, have fun. It's hard to do that when I see the same one or two people bickering throughout each thread. I can only imagine how many people this turns away from contributing their thoughts an insight.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2016-02-11T01:34:32Z
Ufda is annoying, and others have been in the past, but there IS an ignore button after all.

I think the only time I've ever clicked REPORT ABUSE was one time on accident, because my cursor jumped across the page weird and so I clicked on the wrong thing.

I don't think Ufda trolls on purpose, but the effect is similar. I just don't think we need rules or moderators or any of that. If you find it so annoying you can't bear it, then IGNORE. Most of us are grown ups here.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
2016-02-11T02:38:53Z
It gets annoying when the majority of threads that have discussion end up getting taken over by the same few and with the same repeated ideas, example "self shitting". it may be funny or entertaining a couple times, when it gets repeated Ad nauseam it is nothing but annoying and childish. There is also a difference between having and voicing an opinion and debating, and being a schmuck and dominating multiple threads with the same idea.

To many thread become pissing contests. If that is where they go, I know how to work my zipper and have enough time to waste. But it shouldn't be that difficult to discuss and disagree and be civil at the same time.

Don't forget, if rules end up being instituted it is because somebody or somebodies cause it to happen by their actions.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
2016-02-11T04:15:38Z
Well a lot of the conflict in here is on me, because I stood up to a poster that broke every rule in this place and was not disciplined for it. He belittled another a poster using race and his little post was as appalling as it ever got, but because he was Foster's buddy nothing happened to him. I was livid about it and met that bastard at every pass and every horrible post he made. I took it to the gutter with him and I don't regret anything because everything that man stood for is what is wrong with this country.

I do regret generalizing all the right wingers in here and calling them Nazis and for that I apologize, but I never appreciated being called a Commie every fucking day either. I apologize to you Kevin for the trouble in the past, but I will not stand by while people denigrate gays, blacks, or any other minority, and hyena Uffda - whether I agree with him or not. It is complete bullshit that people think like that in this century.

I'll try and keep my posts about the Packers from here on out. I miss the family thing we once had, which I was quite involved with. I had a lot of support from the people here with my daughter's medical issues. It was very helpful! Anyway, hopefully we can get back to what we once were.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
2016-02-11T12:33:06Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ufda is annoying, and others have been in the past, but there IS an ignore button after all.

I think the only time I've ever clicked REPORT ABUSE was one time on accident, because my cursor jumped across the page weird and so I clicked on the wrong thing.

I don't think Ufda trolls on purpose, but the effect is similar. I just don't think we need rules or moderators or any of that. If you find it so annoying you can't bear it, then IGNORE. Most of us are grown ups here.



Cmon Nerd Uffda has nothing on me when i first joined this site and you can ask Kevin about that. I stood tall and said Ted Thompson sucks and so does Rodgers until he can prove it over the years. Maybe I am the problem Kevin, I got soft in my old age lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
Zero2Cool
2016-02-11T13:26:21Z
Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Well a lot of the conflict in here is on me, because I stood up to a poster that broke every rule in this place and was not disciplined for it. He belittled another a poster using race and his little post was as appalling as it ever got, but because he was Foster's buddy nothing happened to him. I was livid about it and met that bastard at every pass and every horrible post he made. I took it to the gutter with him and I don't regret anything because everything that man stood for is what is wrong with this country.


I'm not even sure who or what you're talking about. Hopefully this is the individual who has been banished permanently.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I do regret generalizing all the right wingers in here and calling them Nazis and for that I apologize, but I never appreciated being called a Commie every fucking day either. I apologize to you Kevin for the trouble in the past, but I will not stand by while people denigrate gays, blacks, or any other minority, and hyena Uffda - whether I agree with him or not. It is complete bullshit that people think like that in this century.


When appropriate, by all means, speak your piece. The issue is if someone says "I hate blacks" in a Random Babble/Back Alley topic and you later throw that in their face while discussing the Packers. That's just bogus. There has to be a time and place for that "standing up" to. Am I making sense with this? Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think everyone has some good inside them, regardless of racial beliefs, religious beliefs and what have you. Don't confuse that with someone who does heinous and despicable acts of cruelty. There's a special place for those phookers.


Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'll try and keep my posts about the Packers from here on out. I miss the family thing we once had, which I was quite involved with. I had a lot of support from the people here with my daughter's medical issues. It was very helpful! Anyway, hopefully we can get back to what we once were.


I miss people being able to say "dumbass" in an endearing kinda of manner instead of being all butthurt over it. I just don't know how to concisely explain how personal attacking is wrong, yet it's okay to say "okay dumbass, if Barry is so great, where are his rings?". Whereas I feel replying with nothing more than "you're such an idiot" is wrong. To many they are probably the same exact thing.

I really do enjoy your takes on Football, even if you're ass backwards at times. Same goes with your boy (udfa is gonna PM me about that lol). Thing is though, if you're going to go to a forum with passionate fans and tell them their favorite team is garbage, you can't be so naive to think everyone is gonna just roll over and go "Golly gosh, you're right!! Browns here I come!". IF people did NOT jump all over those comments, I would be disappointed. You feel as though your boy is being unjustly attacked when it's only his perception of the team that's being jumped all over.




UserPostedImage
dhazer
2016-02-11T14:31:17Z
JUST FOR KEVIN AND THE OLD TIMES [flapper]




Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
DakotaT
2016-02-11T19:33:28Z
Originally Posted by: dhazer 

JUST FOR KEVIN AND THE OLD TIMES [flapper]





When you all realize that I am the Red Forman of PH, the better off you will all be. 😂
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
2016-02-11T19:56:25Z
Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

It gets annoying when the majority of threads that have discussion end up getting taken over by the same few and with the same repeated ideas, example "self shitting". it may be funny or entertaining a couple times, when it gets repeated Ad nauseam it is nothing but annoying and childish. There is also a difference between having and voicing an opinion and debating, and being a schmuck and dominating multiple threads with the same idea.

To many thread become pissing contests. If that is where they go, I know how to work my zipper and have enough time to waste. But it shouldn't be that difficult to discuss and disagree and be civil at the same time.

Don't forget, if rules end up being instituted it is because somebody or somebodies cause it to happen by their actions.



Exactly. The ad nauseam discussion makes me visit the site less than I otherwise would. Not implying that means anything, but still.
DakotaT
2016-02-11T21:12:17Z
Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Exactly. The ad nauseam discussion makes me visit the site less than I otherwise would. Not implying that means anything, but still.



LOL - you're forced to read those posts? I try checking in daily!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2016-02-11T21:43:56Z
Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

LOL - you're forced to read those posts? I try checking in daily!



Because how else does one know what a post is without reading it?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2016-02-11T22:02:16Z
I miss the "old days" too.
Back then, you could disagree with someone, on almost ANYTHING, and you could agree to disagree without being in fear of being called nasty names.
I have stated on some things where my belief in the Bible as God's word has ended up with me being called horrible names. Even though I believe I explained my position clearly, without judging anyone. Just calling sin what it is called in the Bible, sin.
I don't think that makes me a horrible person.

Or my feelings on being a conservative.
I don't say that no one has a right to be a liberal, or hold those beliefs. That's what makes America the best country. We have been given the right to have and voice our opinions.
Respect has to go both ways. That is something that used to be the "norm" here. I wish it would return to that.

I have disagreements with some here, and I don't hate any of them. If I met them face to face, I'd probably hug them and be as happy as heck to meet them in person.
I think that's one major flaw in the internet. Not being able to SEE who you are talking with, and actually HEAR what, and HOW they are saying something.
On the other hand, without it, I would have lost out on some wonderful things. Like the Wii that you guys bought for me after my open heart surgery. It has brought me so many hours of enjoyment. I think about you guys (and gals) that did this for me every time I use it. And can you believe, in 5 days it will be SEVEN YEARS since my heart surgery!!!
And I got the privilage of meeting Kevin (Zero) when he drove down to deliver and set it up for me!
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
2016-02-11T23:45:36Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Because how else does one know what a post is without reading it?



It's called knowing the body of work of the poster. You actually take the time to read the novels written by Uffda, Barfarn, or Wade? You have that kind of time on your hands?

Every once in a while, I'll humor myself and read one of Wade's novels and if dissatisfied, I let him have it. Otherwise, that's skimming material.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
2016-02-12T00:36:36Z
Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It's called knowing the body of work of the poster. You actually take the time to read the novels written by Uffda, Barfarn, or Wade? You have that kind of time on your hands?

Every once in a while, I'll humor myself and read one of Wade's novels and if dissatisfied, I let him have it. Otherwise, that's skimming material.



I am literally crushed muh man, Dakota goes with TLDR to my posts. I kept this one short for you, homie.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
packerfanwayoutwest (2h) : it's part of building chemistry
packerfanwayoutwest (2h) : I know the OTA's are vouluntary, just seems like he would want to start seeing what the newbs are made of
Cheesey (3h) : The newbies need to learn the playbook first.
Zero2Cool (4h) : That doesn't happen until training camp. OTAs aren't like that. Which is probably why they're voluntary. That's my guess.
packerfanwayoutwest (5h) : doesn't he want the new WR to get on his bus?
Zero2Cool (5h) : Said something about the ramp up. No throwing. Throwing. No throwing and then training camp and throwing for months.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Rodgers said his arm never felt better during season than when he skipped OTAs in 2020.
civic (8h) : Load management? Maybe that’s why MLF is not too bothered?
civic (8h) : Do they want to use up a 38 year old arm when they are going to the super bowl?
Cheesey (15h) : Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!😁
bboystyle (21h) : Because its Voluntary?
packerfanwayoutwest (22h) : Why is #12 not at voluntary OTA's?
wpr (26-May) : Whatta jerk. ;)
Zero2Cool (26-May) : Christian Watson the only unsigned Packers draft pick now.
Zero2Cool (26-May) : NFL/NFLPA keep the 16-player practice squads, with the call-up previsions.
Cheesey (26-May) : I know I don't. He can just go away as far as I'm concerned.
Zero2Cool (26-May) : Who cares bout that bum
packerfanwayoutwest (26-May) : Kaepernick a Raider?
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Packers claim Chris Slayton off waivers, who joins a crowded IDL room
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo was the only player to be unanimously voted First Team All-NBA this season.
Cheesey (25-May) : Saw, I mean
Cheesey (25-May) : The poor girl would have been even more embarrassed if she say how really OLD you were!!!
Zero2Cool (24-May) : OTA's are blah, but sure is nice to hear from players.
Zero2Cool (24-May) : The look on her face when she realized it was root beer was funny. She was about to get someone to card me (she was under 18) and went "oh wait, ugh, how embarrasing"
wpr (24-May) : Root beer is a gateway drink to wanting, you know, brewing up roots.
Zero2Cool (24-May) : Sammy Watkins not at OTA's. 9 year vet, but no Rodgers no sammy
Zero2Cool (24-May) : Scouting Combine will remain in Indianapolis in 2023 and 2024
Zero2Cool (24-May) : It was freaking root beer!!
Cheesey (24-May) : You SHOULD have been THRILLED to be carded! It means she thought you were younger then you look! (Or she has really bad eyesight!)😜🤪
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Haskins had been out drinking at a Miami nightclub, got into a fight, and left, investigators say. He was in the car with a woman and they ran out of gas.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Dwayne Haskins had a blood-alcohol level of .24 when he was killed.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Seahawks have signed speedy WR Marquise Goodwin.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : By a little girl younger than my daughters! I was like listen here you little shit!!
Zero2Cool (23-May) : Although, I was attempted to be carded for Root Beer the other weekend.
Zero2Cool (23-May) : No shit.
Cheesey (23-May) : Once you hit 40.....it hits back!🤪
Zero2Cool (23-May) : I am having Mock PTSD. I just saw Christian Watson and Packers and thought, Ugh, enough with the damn mocks already! then went, oh... wait
buckeyepackfan (20-May) : Absurd is a 5 star high school qb starting price ro play in college is 8 Million! Per Dan Patrick
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Well, I don't want you thinking I view you same as I do PackerNation, since I related them to clown lol
packerfanwayoutwest (20-May) : no you were not and we all know it
Zero2Cool (20-May) : BTW fanout, you're not a clown, just joking around.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Cap? $26.99!!! Hoodie? $109.99!! Fook outta here.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Seeing these TV deals and other deals with absurd amounts ... makes it hard for me to spend money supporting "my" team.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Who is we, this clown acting like he's not human or something.
Cheesey (20-May) : Uh ..who is AOC???
Cheesey (20-May) : Who is we? WE IS PACKERS HOME!😜
packerfanwayoutwest (20-May) : who is we?
Zero2Cool (20-May) : We have life on Mars!!
packerfanwayoutwest (19-May) : NO POLITICS!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pugger

15h / Random Babble / Cheesey

26-May / Around The NFL / Cheesey

26-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

25-May / Random Babble / Cheesey

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20-May / Random Babble / wpr

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.