Pack93z
8 years ago

Yep, definitely need more help. Porforis has done very well, but I think one more or maybe two more with clear direction (Shawn and Wayne will laugh at that!) to make things gooder.

I really think the implementation of soft deleting posts is going to be a major blessing.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

... LOL... clear is one word. Maybe... uniform or maybe even homogeneous.

Joking aside... I think clear definitions of expectations that are the core of the vision of the site. There are not many things asked of those that visit here... following the expectations set shouldn't be much to ask.

Pretty basic from my vantage point:

Topics on point.
Mutual respect of each other
Freely disagree and debate
Sprinkle in a bit of laughter

After all... for most, this is a diversion from life to discuss a common passion and enjoy the experience.

Mumble under your breath how full of "poo" I am. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Hey now, I was very clear to you, Wayne, Rourke, Matt and Dave. Things change daily, sometimes hourly!! bahahahahahaha ... That was my failure trying to please everyone, rather than just sticking to the focus, the core focus of the vision of the site. Coincidentally, "SlickVision" wasn't so visionly slick!

I see what happens now when you try to please everyone and lemme tell ya ... it ain't fucking worth it because those whom you're trying to allow to fit in, just keep shitting on you over and over again and before you know it, you're in so damn deep you can't even see the sun anymore.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
8 years ago

That was my failure trying to please everyone, rather than just sticking to the focus, the core focus of the vision of the site. Coincidentally, "SlickVision" wasn't so visionly slick!

Wasn't all on you.

Honest opinion... you trying to take on everything is part of the issue though.

I know that stubbornness.... I breath it every day.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Wasn't all on you.

Honest opinion... you trying to take on everything is part of the issue though.

I know that stubbornness.... I breath it every day.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yep, being a one man wrecking ball. Ideally, we'd have two moderators doing the moderating with escalations onto me and me just being the geek behind the code. I literally have a notebook of notes and drawings of features I want to add and I feel like I'm "babysitting" at times which just drains my ambitions to carry them out.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Anyone want to know who has posted the most times in this topic? I was curious too.

uffda udfa has the most with 11 and no one is surprised.

😂

12th and final. 😟

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
8 years ago

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with my opinions. What DOES bother me is when they name call. This usually happens when they push over and over their opinions, and can't get me to say how they are right and I'm stupid.
A lot of the time they don't give any real reason why they think they are so right, they just feel they are superior somehow to me.
I don't think I'm any better then anyone else.
I do however have my beliefs, which I came by through by years and years of thought and personal experience .
I used to allow myself to be bullied.
You can't allow a bully to control you.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Not a fan of the name calling or labeling either but what bothers me even more is when people don't recognize their opinions as just that, opinions. They present their arguments as fact and anyone who does not agree with them not only disagrees with their opinion but is flat out wrong. This goes both ways on here, and on pretty much every forum and try as I might I am probably guilty of it myself. I get it that you think your opinion is the right one and that your way to fix things is the right way or best way to do it , that's why they are your opinions in the first place. All I would like to see is acknowledgement or at least some understanding that others opinions are just as valid as yours. I think if that happens discussions tend to not get so heated. There are very few facts presented in sports discussion forums. They are far and away more opinion than anything else.
sschind
8 years ago

Do you want it to be a place where guys like Davante Adams is being compared to Sterling Sharpe and Jarrett Boykin being compared to Alshon Jeffery or

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

...or Jeff Janis is compared to Julio Jones. 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

That was meant in a totally kind hearted and good natured ribbing manner.

sschind
8 years ago

Try DMSO for the carpal tunnel. Great anti-inflammatory.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Makes your breath smell like garlic though.
sschind
8 years ago

Anyone want to know who has posted the most times in this topic? I was curious too.

uffda udfa has the most with 11 and no one is surprised.

😂

I'm just getting warmed up. Plus I deleted a few posts I was going to make the other day.

As to Uffda's post count, like he says, he makes 1 post and 6 different people make posts against him so he replies to those 6 posts and he gets even more posts. I totally understand that part of his argument. I tend to have lots of posts because I read a post and I reply to it, usually I do read ahead to see if anyone else has but sometimes I duplicate a sentiment, but my point is I don't always use the multi quote system. Personally I think this is preferable to a single post replying to several different people or posts, unless the replies are about the same subject, because it keeps the posts on topic.

Do I have the record for the use of the word posts yet. If not I'll make a few more posts.

sschind
8 years ago

Yep, definitely need more help. Porforis has done very well, but I think one more or maybe two more with clear direction (Shawn and Wayne will laugh at that!) to make things gooder.

I really think the implementation of soft deleting posts is going to be a major blessing.

If you are going to start deleting posts you had better be prepared to delete any replies to those posts as well otherwise its pointless to see a "this post has been deleted" when there are 3 or 4 replies left in place. I'm not sure what soft deleting means and I'm afraid to google it but I am going to broach the subject with my girlfriend tonight so wish me luck. I just hope I don't get the same reaction as the guy by the pool when Rusty Griswold said he wanted to give his son a rim job.