Rockmolder
8 years ago

wpr

Your unfulfilled dream for years has not helped the the Detroit Lions to become Super Bowl Champions.

Originally Posted by: PWT36 

And J.J. Watt hasn't given the Texans a Super Bowl, but I'd gladly take him.

I agree with WPR. I've been hoping we'd take a big time WR for a while, as well. Rodgers with average WRs is decent, but if you maximize his talent by getting something going like Montana to Rice, Brady to Moss or Manning to Harrison, you put an unstoppable offense on the field.

I'm pretty sure we're not getting someone like that in this draft, though. Both because of the positions we pick and the lack of WR talent in this class.
Porforis
8 years ago

I agree with WPR. I've been hoping we'd take a big time WR for a while, as well. Rodgers with average WRs is decent, but if you maximize his talent by getting something going like Montana to Rice, Brady to Moss or Manning to Harrison, you put an unstoppable offense on the field.

I'm pretty sure we're not getting someone like that in this draft, though. Both because of the positions we pick and the lack of WR talent in this class.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Until your Finley/Nelson/Cobb/whoever your #1 and #2 person gets blown up again and all of a sudden the unimaginative coaching staff are unable to make the offense work with lesser talent. Not to say I wouldn't love having a #1-3 talent at WR, but this team has NOT adapted well over the years to injuries on offense and I wouldn't want to let depth dwindle notably to get that talent. On the other side of the ball, we've had tons of defensive injuries but Dom always seems to be able to plug someone new in and minimize the impact. If nothing else that's why I love him as a DC. Minimizes the exposure of the weakest link.
Pack93z
8 years ago
I might have to agreed, we are without a massive screaming "need" to fill in the front end of this draft that would pigeon hole our options and force us to reach for a pick.

But like every team.. we certainly could use upgrades in certain areas, certainly second line depth players. I would like a better option or two on the edge Oline to develop. I would like a true 3 down impact backer in the middle... a guy that can thump yet run. I would like a fly speedster back that could be leveraged in space or is a threat to outrun the whole damn defense on any given play.

I would like to see a stretch TE to provide a size threat to the middle of the defense... vertical as well as shallow.

In the end.. I hope we see impact players added early... Randall at corner was an impact player... that is what I really would like to see out of the first rounder this season.. another player that can provide impact year one. Be it on defense or offense.. I really hope we hit early again. Then fill out the draft improving the depth of this club again.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

wpr

Your unfulfilled dream for years has not helped the the Detroit Lions to become Super Bowl Champions.

Originally Posted by: PWT36 

While what you say is true you have failed to consider that GB is not Detroit. After all we have the genius of Unc Teddy who scours the world looking for the best players available. We have the amazing Coach Mikey and his daring play calling abilities. But mostly what we have, as Rocky pointed out, is Aaron Rogers. If Aaron had Megatron running free this offense would have been the NFL equivalent of Shock and Awe.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
Oh, all we need is one of the greatest receivers of all time? Should be easy enough I guess. We've had a top 10 WR in Nelson starting since 2011 season. Another awesome WR would be nice to have but as with anything there is give and take whether you are investing money or a high draft pick you are taking from somewhere else. I thought last year would have shown some people that while Rodgers is indeed an amazing QB he really doesn't just turn bad WR into great ones and he hasn't really lacked for weapons to throw to in his time starting here.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Until your Finley/Nelson/Cobb/whoever your #1 and #2 person gets blown up again and all of a sudden the unimaginative coaching staff are unable to make the offense work with lesser talent. Not to say I wouldn't love having a #1-3 talent at WR, but this team has NOT adapted well over the years to injuries on offense and I wouldn't want to let depth dwindle notably to get that talent. On the other side of the ball, we've had tons of defensive injuries but Dom always seems to be able to plug someone new in and minimize the impact. If nothing else that's why I love him as a DC. Minimizes the exposure of the weakest link.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

It's much easier for one 6'5" speedster superstar to get injured than it is for 3 very good but not great guys to get injured, no?

Lots of coaches struggle when their rosters get decimated.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
warhawk
8 years ago
I think this draft sets up well for Ted Thompson in that there is a lot of talented big guys on both sides of the line that will be available and Ted hasn't tapped in early in the last few drafts on interior linemen. Having said this I don't look at the draft as the place to go to put the Packers over the top. I think if your counting on rookies to be the difference between winning or not winning the SB it's probably not going to happen.

I'm not saying that rookies can't help or won't contribute to success because they have and hopefully will continue to do just that but I see other dynamics in play that are more important factors in the Packers winning the Lombardi.

First, getting some quality players back that were hurt like Nelson, Ty, and, Barrington. Lot of talent there and they need to be on the field.

Second, seeing a higher level of play from 2nd and 3rd year players. Randle, Rollins, Ryan, Rodgers, Abby, Janis, continuing to improve.

Third, bounce back year happens starting with the top dog Aaron Rodgers and includes Eddie Lacy, and Cobb. Way to much talent (and money set aside) for these guys to play like they did last year. Let's face it. If these guys don't bounce back and play like they can, and should, I don't care who they draft they aren't going to win.

I'm not asking for miracles here. None of the three things I have mentioned above are unreasonable to expect in any way, in fact, I do EXPECT these things from these players. Throw in a great year from a rookie or two would be icing on the cake.

"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I'm always amused at the opposition in this forum to the idea of getting a top tier talent for a passing offense like ours. It's like they want us to try and succeed with lessor talent to prove some kind of point. Mind boggling stupidity in my opinion, but hey, they apparently have a point to make.
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

I'm always amused at the opposition in this forum to the idea of getting a top tier talent for a passing offense like ours. It's like they want us to try and succeed with lessor talent to prove some kind of point. Mind boggling stupidity in my opinion, but hey, they apparently have a point to make.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

And you wonder why people don't like you? With all your tact and people skills and all.

nerdmann
8 years ago

And you wonder why people don't like you? With all your tact and people skills and all.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Actually, I'm the asshole of the forum.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dhazer (49m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (17h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.