Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Fans are not entitled to know.

Teams are Only required to list the players status.

Out. Doubtful. Questionable. Probable.

Nothing else is required.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

BULLSHIT! How dare you! Those owners are entitled to know the practioner, date, time and the step by step procedure of their INVESTMENT (roll your eyes) and the plan for recovery with DEAD-ON accurate timetable of when said patient is 100%.

Privacy is an illusion. These are not humans, they are ATHLETES. Stop confusing the two with your silliness.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm being a TOOL here and its intentional.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

BULLSHIT! How dare you! Those owners are entitled to know the practioner, date, time and the step by step procedure of their INVESTMENT (roll your eyes) and the plan for recovery with DEAD-ON accurate timetable of when said patient is 100%.

Privacy is an illusion. These are not humans, they are ATHLETES. Stop confusing the two with your silliness.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm being a TOOL here and its intentional.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

These teams lie repeatedly, and iirc that rule is for during the season, each week.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

These teams lie repeatedly, and iirc that rule is for during the season, each week.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Teams that lie about the severity of a player's injury should be fined. *cough Belicheat cough*
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Of course they lie repeatedly.

why?

Because they can!!!

Teams are not required to divulge any injury information on any player until the regular season begins.

Then it's status only.

In the back of my mind I think Ted, Mike and Jordy came up with the idea of the "hiccup" to his good knee as a diversionary move.

Hell Jordy probably wasn't going to play in preseason much anyway, why not come up with a fake injury to keep the focus off the young guys, so they can prepare without diversion.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackerTraxx
7 years ago
I really, really hope you are right. But we've been sake bit, the other direction, too many times not to worry. At least a little.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
DakotaT
7 years ago
A real Packer would just rub some fucking dirt on it, and get out there.

I want the guy healthy, so take all the time you need, Ty. Fuck whiny Packers fans, they'll find something else to bitch about soon enough.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

I really, really hope you are right. But we've been sake bit, the other direction, too many times not to worry. At least a little.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

It's not like it's some strategic plan of disinfo, if it's the offseason either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nyrpack
7 years ago
hopefully he gets back to his rookie form pre injury !!

jimmy b.
Cheesey
7 years ago

From my experience an ankle sprain when ligaments have been damaged can take up to year to recover, the blood flow to the ankle is so poor it takes so much longer to heal. And a WR is all about the confidence in his Hips>Knees>Ankles

Back in my playing days I tore both ankles from playing football, first was training on uneven ground caused me to roll it. The second time was during a game playing as the punt protector and the O-Line sold me down the river (2 guys unblocked) and crashed into my knee and ankle went.

IMG_2215.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: Grabacr 

Wow.....that pic brings back memories! I KNOW how that feels. I was playing football at age 16, and a guy purposely dove at my ankle, and of course hit the bad one, just as I caught the ball and was turning to go up field. (I didn't drop the ball!)
Then at age 19 I was playing baseball, ran to get a grounder and just as I leaned over at full run, hit a hole in the ground and once again the bad ankle. I ended up in a cast after that one, as I also chipped a bone in that ankle.
I can't imagine playing pro football with that kind of ankle injury. Every move a guy makes puts excess pressure on the ankle.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
Nerd brings to light an interesting point that even though its preseason and teams dont have to give injury reports, there is still some gambling on football during preseason.

That said, I'm sure last year GB knew within a few weeks of when Monty was coming back; they knew he'd miss start of camp and they know about how many weeks he'll miss during season.

But i say eff the gamblers and I'm for keeping the fans in the dark if it gives us any competitive edge whatsoever.

If for example, GB knew Nelson and Monty's careers were over, they dont want that word out. If Ted Thompson is trying to draft a WR in rnd 1; swing a WR trade; or sign a FA WR; its to to GB's advantage that no one knows just how desperate Ted Thompson is for a WR. And if you're trying to sign, for example, a hot UDFA WR, you might want to privately advise that agent that if his client signs in GB that he's not a far down on depth chart as everyone else believes.
Fan Shout
beast (7h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.