luigis
7 years ago
A beautiful win, probably our best game in the season so far.

The Glass Half Full:

- Randall Cobb. A warrior, he played a great game and was very active from every offensive snap he played. Decisive factor.
- The offensive line: They controlled the Giants rush, gave Rodgers eons of time for each passing play. Fantastic game.
- Eddie Lacy: That's how you run, he seemed to be back into his best self before the injury that I think it's not serious.
- The Secondary: Rollins and Gunter played a heck of a game against very good receivers. Randall being our was a positive thing.
- The D.Line: Pressssure, totally nullified the Giants running game and gave Manning a few seconds. We have a pass rush!

The Glass Half Empty:

- Davante Adams: Disconnected from the rest of the offense, a recurring problem, he lacks focus and concentration.
- Ha Ha CD: He had one good pressure but as a safety it's been a third of the season and he is a total non-factor.

Dallas is going to be challenging a very hard to read team.
Luis
Cheesey
7 years ago
Lacy...the guy is a monster! But the ankle....crap, that scares me. Once you hurt an ankle, you never will be 100% the rest of the year. And Starks doesn't have the power like Eddie has.

Our Oline was great! Aaron Rodgers was so so.
I'm also concerned with the hit Cobb took at the end. He's finally making big plays, and we can't afford to lose him.

My other real concern is, our punter STINKS!
Is Masthay still available? He was better then this guy.
If they don't replace him, mark my words, he WILL cost us at least one win.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
FB Ripkowski had a decent game. He was lead blocker on a few of Lacy's runs. He got that big first down when the whole line turned into a Rugby scrum. He kept his legs churning and that allowed the refs to swallow their whistles.

A 65 rating for Aaron is inexcusable. Especially when the the Giants secondary are beat up.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Cobb endeared himself to me last night. Dude was fearless.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Half full, hell overflowing!
Randall Cobb and Davante Adams.
On that rare evening when Jordy struggled, they both stepped up their game to pick him up.

Cobb 9 catches for 108yds, including the game clincher at the end
Adams 5 catches for 85yds and 1 td.

Kudos to the whole D for twice keeping The Giants out of the end zone after The Packers punter gave them excellent field position.

Punter needs replaced, betting that will happen sometime this week.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
7 years ago

A beautiful win, probably our best game in the season so far.

The Glass Half Empty:

- Davante Adams: Disconnected from the rest of the offense, a recurring problem, he lacks focus and concentration.
- Ha Ha CD: He had one good pressure but as a safety it's been a third of the season and he is a total non-factor.

Dallas is going to be challenging a very hard to read team.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Davante had a drop or two, but he was clutch in numerous situations.

Dix is elite. Gotta get a pick here and there though.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
olds70supreme
7 years ago
I really like Jordy Nelson, but he had a rough game yesterday with drops.

Impressive for Rip to hang onto the ball during the scrum.

Rodgers seemed to play a pretty decent game despite the stats - it was obvious that they worked on hard counts and selling play action during the bye. Oddly, his weakness recently that still carried through to last night seems to be giving the backs catchable dump-off passes.

Adams was more up than down.

Cobb showed some fire, although his run early in the game where he put a spin move on with nobody around him was funny.

Schum is not getting it done.
blank
Porforis
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Was also not impressed with Davante yanking his hands back from that rocket from ARod that almost got picked off (3Q?). Would have been an insane catch because he just didn't have the time, but you can't let balls just fly past you unchallenged.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Davante Adams 8 targets 5 receptions
Jordy Nelson 13 targets 4 receptions

If someone is going to be blasted for drops, it should be Jordy Nelson, not Davante Adams this week.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

+ Offensive line, that was the most dominant performance I can remember seeing out of a GB OL.
+ Randall Cobb, that 3rd down he caught 4 yards short of the sticks was a give up play he refused to give up on
+ Davante Adams, his routes were good and he was getting open especially over the middle. He also prevented 2 more interceptions by playing DB on badly thrown passes (I'm perfectly fine with the penalty he got)
+ Nick Perry, I think he's had an impactful game every game. We are getting more out of his 5m investment than the 25m we've got in Matthews/Peppers/Starks so far this year.
+ Gunter has been our best DB so far this year

- Rodgers game probably wasn't as bad as his stats look like but it wasn't nearly good enough
- Jordy Nelson had a terrible game. Must have dropped at least 4 passes
- Starks isn't even looking worthy of a roster spot, lets bring up that guy from Nevada on the PS.
- We kept 7 WRs and only 3 have had more than 1 pass thrown to them. McCarthy used to have way more creativity with Personnel now we only use 11 personnel the entire game and if that isn't working we just stick with it
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (4h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (4h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (6h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (6h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (6h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (7h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (7h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (18h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (19h) : damn those vikings
beast (20h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (20h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (20h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (20h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.