luigis
7 years ago
This was closer than expected which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Good because we are not as badly hurt as we thought and the young guys stepped up. Bad because it hurts to get so close in a very important game and still lose.

The Glass Half Full:

- A. Rodgers: He is playing better, not 100% his strength but better, his getting confidence in the young receivers and that's really a huge thing. From happy feet and broken plays to running when he needs to and trusting his guys.
- D. Adams: We have to give him recognition for catching everything thrown to his hands, he is playing like the WR we need him to be.
- A. Ripkowski: Just give him the ball, win 4 yards, it doesn't matter if no hole is opened. I like this kid a lot because his only minus is actually a plus: he hints the play too much, you can read in his eyes if he is part of the play called or not.
- D. Goodson: He played a very smart game, he is not a perfect CB and he tookd advantage of his own limitations with a lot of let's call it "unconventional" coverage, crazy guy might be good if they just let him be what he is.
- M. McCarthy: I think he called a brilliant game with very limited talent, I particularly liked the aggressiveness at the end of the fist half we wouldn't have criticized him for taking a knee but he went for points and got them.

The Glass Half Empty:

- Ha Ha: I have to insist he is playing really badly this season. Constantly late when he has to help in coverage and never near the ball, for some reason he is regressing to a point where his presence in the field is very hard to explain.
- Jake Ryan: Terrible game for Jake, he was bad at tackling taking really bad angles, he read most plays wrong and gave up coverage to peak at the backfield in the TD that cost us the game. Granted he shouldn't be covering a WR and HaHa's help never came but still that was a bad ending for a bad game.
- D. Capers: I think his strategy for the game was really brilliant but he got it wrong at the end. We had to stop the run and the short passes and gamble Ryan to throw long, a stop would have won the game, an INT too and a TD from Atlanta would have left us 2 minutes or more to win with a FG. I disagree about letting them score but it was the perfect time for big blitzes and a gambling defense.

Luis
nerdmann
7 years ago

This was closer than expected which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Good because we are not as badly hurt as we thought and the young guys stepped up. Bad because it hurts to get so close in a very important game and still lose.

The Glass Half Full:

- A. Rodgers: He is playing better, not 100% his strength but better, his getting confidence in the young receivers and that's really a huge thing. From happy feet and broken plays to running when he needs to and trusting his guys.
- D. Adams: We have to give him recognition for catching everything thrown to his hands, he is playing like the WR we need him to be.
- A. Ripkowski: Just give him the ball, win 4 yards, it doesn't matter if no hole is opened. I like this kid a lot because his only minus is actually a plus: he hints the play too much, you can read in his eyes if he is part of the play called or not.
- D. Goodson: He played a very smart game, he is not a perfect CB and he tookd advantage of his own limitations with a lot of let's call it "unconventional" coverage, crazy guy might be good if they just let him be what he is.
- M. McCarthy: I think he called a brilliant game with very limited talent, I particularly liked the aggressiveness at the end of the fist half we wouldn't have criticized him for taking a knee but he went for points and got them.

The Glass Half Empty:

- Ha Ha: I have to insist he is playing really badly this season. Constantly late when he has to help in coverage and never near the ball, for some reason he is regressing to a point where his presence in the field is very hard to explain.
- Jake Ryan: Terrible game for Jake, he was bad at tackling taking really bad angles, he read most plays wrong and gave up coverage to peak at the backfield in the TD that cost us the game. Granted he shouldn't be covering a WR and HaHa's help never came but still that was a bad ending for a bad game.
- D. Capers: I think his strategy for the game was really brilliant but he got it wrong at the end. We had to stop the run and the short passes and gamble Ryan to throw long, a stop would have won the game, an INT too and a TD from Atlanta would have left us 2 minutes or more to win with a FG. I disagree about letting them score but it was the perfect time for big blitzes and a gambling defense.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

In fairness to dom, we dropped two INTs on that last drive.

I thoughht Trevor Davis really stepped up well. Had at least 1 TD, some catches and a great punt return. Janis too. Got some receptions in the regular offense.

On the negative side, Jordy's not right. Sit him until he gets better, he's obviously got a leg injury of some sort. Running Lacy on that ankle didn't do any good. Dude was on his ass more than his feet tonight.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Jordy Nelson had 4 receptions for 94 yards and 1 TD. Yeah, let's sit him down. Fucking stupid idea. Julio Jones, A TRUE #1 had 3 catches for 29 yards and 0 TD's.

I was pretty happy with how Ladarius Gunter played. Even the punter did a fairly decent job with 3 punts averaging 54.3 yard with a long of 58.

The only aspect I'm really disappointed in would be the front seven of the Packers defense. They lost the game for the Packers. The offense did their job putting up 32 points and if you're going to complain about that, you're just an ignorant moron who doesn't understand the game of football. You put up 30+, you should win.

I also liked that Trevor Davis punt return. I can't remember being excited during a punt return before!!!
UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago
Face the FACTS, The Packers Defense just SUCKS . [tt]
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Against the best offense in the league and the adversity we've been facing in the DB backfield, I was expecting a slaughter. We just needed the ball with a little more time on the clock.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
7 years ago

Against the best offense in the league and the adversity we've been facing in the DB backfield, I was expecting a slaughter. We just needed the ball with a little more time on the clock.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

We needed one of those INTs we didn't catch.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
7 years ago

We needed one of those INTs we didn't catch.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Good teams win without lucky fumbles or passes deflected into the defender's hands. Those things should only make the game easier.

We could have won had the pass rush worked better or with a super aggressive defense in the last 4 minutes. If you play for either a stop or a TD then the scenarios are:

a) We get a stop, we win
b) We get an INT, we win
c) They get a TD, we have 2:30 or more to win with a FG

The plan was simple: stop a long drive, we didn't do it and this is on Capers.

Luis
nerdmann
7 years ago

Good teams win without lucky fumbles or passes deflected into the defender's hands. Those things should only make the game easier.

We could have won had the pass rush worked better or with a super aggressive defense in the last 4 minutes. If you play for either a stop or a TD then the scenarios are:

a) We get a stop, we win
b) We get an INT, we win

People say we were down our top three CBs, and that's true. But this happens repeatedly under Dom, withh or without starters. Dom is the common denominator.
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago

a) We get a stop, we win
b) We get an INT, we win

Totally agree with this. I am not sure what to call that defense, but it was the absolute worst case scenario under the circumstances. We didn't play prevent, nor did we play aggressive. It basically allowed for a time using drive to pick apart the vanilla.

Barfarn
7 years ago

a) We get a stop, we win
b) We get an INT, we win

Agree! But I have a slightly different plan; but yes only one thing kills GB: the long drive.

All night we only stopped Atl going 10 yards on 3 downs twice; what were the odds we'd stop them on 4 downs and the odds increase of stopping then inside the 25.

I anticipate a dump off/short pass, I let then run that short pass to 25-30 before making tackle. I've got Atl on a short field and my defense isn't gassed after just defending 6-8 plays. If we fail and Atl gets TD, they'll be time again to score.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (10h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (13h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (15h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (16h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.