nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
thats right # 12 for mvp, got really tired of lots of people on here bad mouthing aaron, whats wrong with him, selfshi.... and saying bring in hundley. i say you should be ashamed for not sticking with aaron, hes the same player, throwing the same, the big difference was his recievers imo, they were not getting open or running routes correctly and just plain dropping the ball way too much. aaron is hopefully on his way with a big win on sunday nite to run the table and be at close if not at 40 tds and well over 4400-4500 yards, does that sound like a guy who had a bad year, no that sounds like a guy who is the leader of the pack and yet again mvp !!
jimmy b.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
I'm going to say NO for Aaron Rodgers MVP only because the Super Bowl winner rarely has the MVP on it's roster. It's obviously not a determining factor in the Super Bowl. It's just how it seems to have fallen the last decade and half.

Of the last 25 Super Bowl Champions, only five of them had the NFL's MVP on their roster and the last time was 1999.

1999 Rams, Kurt Warner
1998 Broncos, Terrell Davis
1996 Packers, Brett Favre
1995 49ers, Steve Young
1994 Cowboys, Emmitt Smith
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
7 years ago
I think you can hold both positions, they're not mutually exclusive.

Since the Denver game last season Rodgers was acting like a different quarterback. His mechanics and decision making were questionable and some/most of the criticism he got was justified. However somewhere in the middle of this season when the Packers had to switch back to the short passing game to make up for a lack of running backs, things started clicking again. Now the last 5 games there's been no better player in the NFL than Aaron Rodgers and he may have earned a 3rd MVP.

When you have a player as great as Rodgers it can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, the expectations are so great than when he looks mortal its almost a personal affront because you know how good he should be.

I'm just glad he's back.
Barfarn
7 years ago

thats right # 12 for mvp, got really tired of lots of people on here bad mouthing aaron, whats wrong with him, selfshi.... and saying bring in hundley. i say you should be ashamed for not sticking with aaron, hes the same player, throwing the same, the big difference was his recievers imo, they were not getting open or running routes correctly and just plain dropping the ball way too much. aaron is hopefully on his way with a big win on sunday nite to run the table and be at close if not at 40 tds and well over 4400-4500 yards, does that sound like a guy who had a bad year, no that sounds like a guy who is the leader of the pack and yet again mvp !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

You should be ashamed for ogling terrible QB play.

You should be ashamed for allowing a team destroyer cancer guy to suckle from your right teet, while you lightly cradle and caress the top of his head. A clown that publicly lied and tossed a mate under the bus by saying the bad throw to end Atl game to Adams was caused by a "miscommunication;" calling out his coach for not playing an injured Cobb; saying the D needs to do better or the team was flat; etc.

You should be ashamed to idolize a guy in FOOTBALL that played like a scared little whimp for 1.5 years.

You should be ashamed for thinking: after Rodgers being unanimously excoriated for his play by press; Dunne revealing his sociopathic personal life; and Finley, Driver and Jennings all coming out saying Rodgers never takes responsibility for his failures; that suddenly, all of our receivers in a miracle from God, out of nowhere, learned to run routes.

Rodgers' public embarrassment was the therapy he needed to pull his head from his arse and YOU shamefully threaten the progress of that therapy by chanting MVP., MVP, MVP.

And you should be ashamed to believe that a guy that directly caused a team to be behind after 3 Qs; should get personal achievement accolades for a 4th Q comeback.

Here's a problem even pre-2015 Rodgers had:

We need Wash to lose; to take the pressure off Rodgers. In his entire playoff career Rodgers has only closed out 1 game...ONE GAME [Dallas 2014]. Every other win and loss Rodgers lost his ability to produce in Crunch time.

The Chic game was the perfect paradigm; Rodgers plays well, gets a lead; all we need is a solid drive or a score and game ends. Just as our D begins to wilt as other teams feel desperate and pull out the stops, our offense commits multiple 3-4-5 and outs at the critical moment our D needs rest, which increases the odds of the D's collapse. If the D dont hold, we lose, if the D holds [EG. Ptt SB, Philly 2010 and Chic 2010, Minny 2012 (Rodgers finished with 6 straight punts or god sake), Wash 2015], we win.

Stafford will be relentless in late 3rd and 4th Q. If we are up by 21, we will lose unless the O keeps going. Our receivers don't suddenly forget how to run routes it the 4th Q; McCarthy doesn't change his game plan; the only thing that occurs late in playoff games that we fold is Rodgers fails to perform at anywhere near an MVP level.

As fans, we watch that clock tick down, thinking, "man, if we could run 9 times for 3 firsts the game will be over." Problem is Rodgers does that too. Now maybe Mike calls a run instead of a pass on 1st and 10, when we need to run out the clock; BUT he cant see the D line up when the play is called. The play has an audible, to go pass if the D stacks the box. So when we run for -2 into a 9 man box that is not on Mike in anyway, that is 100% Rodgers being too scared to pass and fan-hoping for the clock to tick down.

If a team leads late in 3rd Q, MVP QBs win the game REGARDLESS of what the D does. In the playoffs, we've had an MVP QB in the first halves of most games; but rarely an MVP QB in second half.
steveishere
7 years ago
Matt Ryan is really having a better season. You are delusional if you honestly think Aaron is playing on the same level now that he was earlier. He was missing a lot of open players earlier in the year and his accuracy sucked down field. The offensive line was stellar all year and blaming the WR is just a bad excuse. He didn't have some terrible circumstances to deal with early on.
mi_keys
7 years ago

Matt Ryan is really having a better season. You are delusional if you honestly think Aaron is playing on the same level now that he was earlier. He was missing a lot of open players earlier in the year and his accuracy sucked down field. The offensive line was stellar all year and blaming the WR is just a bad excuse. He didn't have some terrible circumstances to deal with early on.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Agreed. Receiver play last year was pretty bad. Some of that had to do with injuries. But that really wasnt nearly the issue this year that it was last year with Jordy back and progressing throughout the season And Adams rebounding to have a good year. And even when receiver play was an issue, Rodgers was uncharacteristically inaccurate for huge stretches after week 6 or 7 last year through the first quarter or so of the season this year. That's on him.
Born and bred a cheesehead
sschind
7 years ago

If you honestly think Aaron's play over the last 5 -7 games is the same as it was earlier in the season then you are crazy. In your opinion it was the receivers and you are entitled to that opinion but the opinion of many others was that Rodgers was not performing up to the level that most of us knew he could. Yes there were a few, a very few, who were saying bench him for Hundley but the vast majority of people who were criticizing him were also saying he is our best chance to win and he just has to fix what was wrong with him. IMO he has done that. I don't know what happened but there is no doubt that his game has improved. Yes 40 TDs and 4000-4500 yards is a great year but I think even you would have to admit that he had some pretty bad games where he missed a lot of open guys or seemingly ignored them all together. Then again, maybe not.

mi_keys
7 years ago
Rodgers production for the year speaks to how well he rebounded from the early lackluster play. He's played like an MVP the second half of the year and I see a case for naming Rodgers in the honorable mentions for the award. But there are a handful of players who are clearly ahead of him in the race.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

You should be ashamed for ogling terrible QB play.

You should be ashamed for allowing a team destroyer cancer guy to suckle from your right teet, while you lightly cradle and caress the top of his head. A clown that publicly lied and tossed a mate under the bus by saying the bad throw to end Atl game to Adams was caused by a "miscommunication;" calling out his coach for not playing an injured Cobb; saying the D needs to do better or the team was flat; etc.

You should be ashamed to idolize a guy in FOOTBALL that played like a scared little whimp for 1.5 years.

You should be ashamed for thinking: after Rodgers being unanimously excoriated for his play by press; Dunne revealing his sociopathic personal life; and Finley, Driver and Jennings all coming out saying Rodgers never takes responsibility for his failures; that suddenly, all of our receivers in a miracle from God, out of nowhere, learned to run routes.

Rodgers' public embarrassment was the therapy he needed to pull his head from his arse and YOU shamefully threaten the progress of that therapy by chanting MVP., MVP, MVP.

And you should be ashamed to believe that a guy that directly caused a team to be behind after 3 Qs; should get personal achievement accolades for a 4th Q comeback.

Here's a problem even pre-2015 Rodgers had:

We need Wash to lose; to take the pressure off Rodgers. In his entire playoff career Rodgers has only closed out 1 game...ONE GAME [Dallas 2014]. Every other win and loss Rodgers lost his ability to produce in Crunch time.

The Chic game was the perfect paradigm; Rodgers plays well, gets a lead; all we need is a solid drive or a score and game ends. Just as our D begins to wilt as other teams feel desperate and pull out the stops, our offense commits multiple 3-4-5 and outs at the critical moment our D needs rest, which increases the odds of the D's collapse. If the D dont hold, we lose, if the D holds [EG. Ptt SB, Philly 2010 and Chic 2010, Minny 2012 (Rodgers finished with 6 straight punts or god sake), Wash 2015], we win.

Stafford will be relentless in late 3rd and 4th Q. If we are up by 21, we will lose unless the O keeps going. Our receivers don't suddenly forget how to run routes it the 4th Q; McCarthy doesn't change his game plan; the only thing that occurs late in playoff games that we fold is Rodgers fails to perform at anywhere near an MVP level.

As fans, we watch that clock tick down, thinking, "man, if we could run 9 times for 3 firsts the game will be over." Problem is Rodgers does that too. Now maybe Mike calls a run instead of a pass on 1st and 10, when we need to run out the clock; BUT he cant see the D line up when the play is called. The play has an audible, to go pass if the D stacks the box. So when we run for -2 into a 9 man box that is not on Mike in anyway, that is 100% Rodgers being too scared to pass and fan-hoping for the clock to tick down.

If a team leads late in 3rd Q, MVP QBs win the game REGARDLESS of what the D does. In the playoffs, we've had an MVP QB in the first halves of most games; but rarely an MVP QB in second half.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

i will say you made some valid points , but i will never be ashamed to take this guy on my team , your sadly mistaken if you think all the burden is on him, lets also remember his packers led team should have been in the superbowl and probably would have won if the team doesnt allow a onside kick and 2 pt conversion to seattle, as for his not playing great , expectations of him by peers, media and us fans are truly off the charts due to prior play, show me another qb who has the same expectations on a yearly level !!
jimmy b.
Barfarn
7 years ago

i will say you made some valid points , but i will never be ashamed to take this guy on my team , your sadly mistaken if you think all the burden is on him, lets also remember his packers led team should have been in the superbowl and probably would have won if the team doesnt allow a onside kick and 2 pt conversion to seattle, as for his not playing great , expectations of him by peers, media and us fans are truly off the charts due to prior play, show me another qb who has the same expectations on a yearly level !!

We were closer than I thought 😂 😂 😂 😂.

And you are 100% correct; why dont i blame Bostick? It's expectations. Rodgers is on a completely different mental level than any other QB in history. The little things he does are truly awe inspiring. One didn't get much press; a few weeks ago he read if a QB slides head first and no one touches he can get up and run. The darn refs kept blowing the whistle on him 😂. Though its for the better, if he pulls that off, 11 guys will be waiting and hoping he tries it again, they wont touch him just so he can get up or they will head hunt him on the ground.

To see him intentionally give into bad play [not staying in pocket, going through his reads, etc] and bad team building behavior, makes me nuts. Gotta admit, after 1.5 years, i gave up. Just assumed he'd be a good boy for a week or 2 and fall back, be a good boy for a week, and fall back, just like Jay.

He came back for Minny and I can feel it; he's gonna show up in Detroit too. Now after we get a lead, he needs to put it out of this mind and stay in the pocket an execute the game plan.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (12h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (18h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (19h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (19h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (22h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (22h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (22h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (23h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (23h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.