uffda udfa
6 years ago
Strike one... Sitton gone.

Strike two... Lang gone.

Strike three... Bulaga gone?

Hard to believe that 60% of our OL could be different just a year later. Throw in the fact that JC was our starting C not long ago and that's a potential 80% turnover.

Plus, our main backup, Barclay, isn't healthy. Some lean times on the OL could help keep our high octane offense in check this season.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Strike one... Sitton gone.

Strike two... Lang gone.

Strike three... Bulaga gone?

Hard to believe that 60% of our OL could be different just a year later. Throw in the fact that JC was our starting C not long ago and that's a potential 80% turnover.

Plus, our main backup, Barclay, isn't healthy. Some lean times on the OL could help keep our high octane offense in check this season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You should be happy. You hated the OL and said it needed to be overhauled. (I'm not really sure if you said that, but no one else seems to add facts to their statements so I'm throwing noodles at the wall to see what sticks!)
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
sounds like what people were saying when we lost our two starting tackles and had to start two rookies.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Meanwhile, there are 8 players in what I believe is the important 3rd year, and there's one player I can't see us keeping around based on his play as of late. I believe it's time to say goodbye to Gunter.

I also wouldn't complain if Kerridge edged out Ripkowski for the FB job, unless they're able to keep 2 somehow.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Actually Sitton's final year was 2015. Lang 2016. If Bulaga can't make it this is 2017. That's more than 1 yr. Times change. Every year the roster has new players.

JC was beaten out by a better player. Are you complaining about that too.

I thought you complained about Bulaga being a wasted 1st round pick.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Actually Sitton's final year was 2015. Lang 2016. If Bulaga can't make it this is 2017. That's more than 1 yr. Times change. Every year the roster has new players.

JC was beaten out by a better player. Are you complaining about that too.

I thought you complained about Bulaga being a wasted 1st round pick.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Lane Taylor has been so awesome I forgot Sitton had been gone that long. 🙂 (EDIT: Sitton was released 9/3/2016...so he's been gone less than a year. So, a year ago we had Sitton, Lang and Bulaga. Now, no Sitton, Lang and who knows on Bulaga with his injury history? That is a ton of turnover for a team with SB aspirations. Both guards are gone and RT is hurt. That's a lot to overcome. Thank goodness we used FA for Evans. I guess we have no problem using it when we end up paying less as in Evans and Bennett's case. Cook and Lang got more elsewhere. We just don't ever want to pay more. )

I think maybe it's time to admit Sitton wasn't as great as fans thought? Another case of overrating our own.

Yes. Bulaga definitely a wasted 1st round pick. Was drafted to be LT of future and wasn't and never should've been thought of to be one. You don't draft RT's in Round 1. That was the Dez Bryant pass draft for Bulaga.

Oh...Tretter? Loved him. Thought he was a better more athletic C than Linsley. I'm disappointed JC is gone. What we end up paying Linsley next year will really determine how much more I hate that we lost JC.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago
Bulaga clearly was a good pick... best pass protection at his position and yes Rodgers has great movement skills but he also holds the ball longer than almost anyone else... and Rodgers and Bulaga play tricks on the DEs to get them to bite to the inside which allows Rodgers to the outside.

Taylor pass protection is almost as good as Sitton's, but his run blocking isn't close... and I'm wondering if they might be said about Evans as well... either way, so far the Packers have struggled to run the ball... and I haven't seen many holes for the RB to go through.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I think Bulaga is a good player but a terrible pick. He fell down the board because rest of NFL knew he wasn't a LT. It has to be remembered he was our 1st round selection because he was going to be our LT. He failed there. Remember 1st half of fail Mary game? Guy never could handle speed rushers. So, if you were a 1st rounder who was supposed to be our LT and failed is that a good pick? No. He is a good RT which is so much better of a result than all the other high picks we've position switched because they sucked at the position they were drafted for like Datone Jones.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I'm not really smart when it comes to OL (keep the wise comments to yourself) and I'm more so of the believe that it's the sum of the pieces, rather than the pieces that make the difference. If you have the same 5 OL game after game, they will become very solid and do a good job. If you are plugging piece here, piece there, I think regardless of the talent you will suffer.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

I'm not really smart when it comes to OL (keep the wise comments to yourself) and I'm more so of the believe that it's the sum of the pieces, rather than the pieces that make the difference. If you have the same 5 OL game after game, they will become very solid and do a good job. If you are plugging piece here, piece there, I think regardless of the talent you will suffer.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree...not with you're not smart. :)

If you have little talent and a lack of continuity that spells bigger disaster.

Hoping 12 sits at Denver due to RT situation. I see it's Wilde's poll question today and rightly so. Huge issue.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Packers Draft Threads / beast

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.