Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Trying to prove yourself wise you miss the whole point.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Barfarn
Bartman

Coincidence?

I thinks nots!!
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

I just find it amusing you completely blow what other people say out of proportion and twist it to sound like they're worshipping someone - And then go ahead and take a giant leap of faith/failure in reading comprehension to twist reality into fitting your preconceived notion that Rodgers is a statwhoring prima donna that somehow can't comprehend that chucking balls deep if he's not completing them consistently hurts his stats, not helping them.

If he had a messiah complex, wouldn't he be saying "I'm coming back to save this team"? Since that's like, textbook messiah complex?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

No twisting, nor blowing out of proportion in any way.

Rodgers was deemed absolved of any blame for Carolina loss. This absolution was purportedly partially backed with stat argument. But, ONLY Rodgers’ stats supporting the absolution were presented and things like 3 INTs were purposefully avoided.

Next, Rodgers was absolved for tanking the run game in a specific game. But, purported absolution was bestowed thru irrelevant red herring [that Rodgers is the GOAT] and the idea that Rodgers is to be trusted “EVERY TIME.” This reasoning is unhinged as well as being 100% circular, a circularity based on the infallibility of Rodgers [Rodgers is always right, therefore “EVERY TIME” he makes a correct decision in the Carolina game he is right “EVERY TIME”]. Get it now? PS: There were 6 man fronts; sometimes 4 on one side, 2 on the other. The ball absolutely should have been run several times and it wasn’t. This is 100% Rodgers' fault because Mike doesn't know the defensive alignment when he calls the play.

An argument turning on Rodgers’ infallibility is surely the perfect paradigm of worship; it’s rank idolatry!

Your logic arguing against Rodgers’ stat-whoring would be sound if it comported to what Rodgers is doing. There are at least 3 main components to the Rodgers’ stat-whoring indictment:

1. Rodgers refuses to execute the game plan by willfully snubbing throwing to open receivers for short gains. He then looks for the big play; if it’s there he throws and often completes it. If not, he takes a god damn sack or runs out of bounds for a yard or 2.

2. Rodgers checks out of runs to get a goal line TD pass, because TD runs dont get him stats. Compare how many times Hundley didn’t pass for TD near GL and runs should be more difficult because he’s not nearly the passing threat as Rodgers.

3. It also all about the highlight shot! Rodgers loves to see highlights of himself and 5 yard outs or curls or 5, 12, 30 yard runs just don’t get him highlights. “Oh Rodgers, look at him avoid those sacks, dancing around always buying time in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield, what a throw…blah blah blah.” Makes me and anyone that understands football sick!

Lastly, people don't always say exactly what they mean. This is why words like imply, purport, portend, deceive and lie exist in our vocabulary. No one was talking about Rodgers saving the team; he introduced this all on his own at a PC. It is what was on his mind; it is how he wanted his play in Carolina to be framed; but he tried to do it in a self-effacing way because he's a clever little minx.
Barfarn
6 years ago

Trying to prove yourself wise you miss the whole point.

Who said anything about the interceptions not effecting his stats? Is that your attempt to belittle me or put words into my mouth? Or are you just trying to be an ass? I can't tell. Be sure to tell the truth.

If Aaron truly thinks himself one of the best QBs (and why not) in the heat of the game, he may not take into consideration that his injury and subsequent time off means he can't make the same throws that he normally could. I don't know what he was thinking. You're so wise, maybe you do.

You are such an ass. You must use Preparation H on your hair.

If you bothered to read my posts. I do not fawn all over Rodgers. When needed I have been just as critical as the next person. With the exception of the Favreites that hated Ted for drafting Aaron.

Just in case you missed it, Aaron is quite a brilliant man. I am speaking outside of football. On the field he can read the defense as well as anyone in the game. That doesn't mean that he is always right. That doesn't mean he is flawless on every play. (But to make you point of being an ass as often as you can I am sure you want to imply that I think so.)

For the record I did not want him to play in the game. I did not believe he would be able to lead them to a win in that game nor the last 3 games combined.

Nevertheless I trust Aaron and what he sees when he lines up behind center than anyone on this board and what they see sitting on their butt in their living room eating nachos and drinking beer.

I probably read all your posts; but dont in any way keep score on your thoughts of the day. So I simply responded to what you wrote as I understood it and quoted it EXACTLY as you wrote. Given this you were fawning over Rodgers.

Hey something interesting here:

I've analyzed your writing thru a model I developed. Centered on your Prep H 😂 attack on my hair; plus a half dozen other triggers in the writing; my model predicts with a 95% accuracy that you are bald or severely balding. Impressive isn't it! I can do more if you want to hear!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

12h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.