Porforis
5 years ago
Can we please focus on the topic onhand versus the habits of individual posters? There's plenty of room for discussion here, even without being negative.
gbguy20
5 years ago
We need to be using Ty and Aaron Jones the same way the Bears are using their backs. The problem for the Bears seems that they do it so much their QB forgets he has WRs. I like to think we can do that without forgetting about our own WRs.
Porforis
5 years ago

We need to be using Ty and Aaron Jones the same way the Bears are using their backs. The problem for the Bears seems that they do it so much their QB forgets he has WRs. I like to think we can do that without forgetting about our own WRs.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I just want to see the Packers fully utilize Ty like they were doing for stretches of the last couple seasons. Call your play, audible depending on what the defense is showing. If they're in dime and Ty is outside, bring him into the backfield and either pound it up the gut or play action. If they're playing run, move him outside and pass. He's a mismatch on the ground against DBs and through the air against LBs. There's plenty of opportunity to exploit those mismatches. Then when the defense starts keying in on Montgomery - start mixing it up with Williams who is a good back in his own right.
gbguy20
5 years ago
It's pathetic that we can't figure out how to use a guy who can be a we or rb on any single play. Maybe Philbin is the guy who can make the most of it but the way last night went just didn't allow us to do it. Time will tell
Porforis
5 years ago
I don't think it's an issue of not being able to figure it out so much as McCarthy being really big on trying to set the tone for a game, and that's a big part of how he gets teams ready for a team during the week. Unfortunately we don't seem to have regular success running the football until we've had success through the air, so in a lot of ways we're not a conventional team. If we were getting 3-5 yards a carry running it up the gut, McCarthy would be a genius and it would take all kinds of pressure off Rodgers and the O-Line. We're just not getting it done in the early game though and haven't done so consistently in some time.
nerdmann
5 years ago

Fair enough, but like... Can people not point out a perpetual problem with Mike McCarthy? It does get tiring seeing the same ineffective scripted plays early in games game after game. Saying that he's auditioning for his job is pretty extreme but a lot of the early-game playcalling has been mind-numbingly ineffective for years.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel. This team gets down like that all the time. Probly in 3/4 of their games. But, and I also point this out all the time, they are NEVER OUT of any game. I mean, look at the comebacks and heroics Aaron has shown us. They ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE, no matter how far they are down.

I still think it's annoying though. 🤣
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
5 years ago

Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel. This team gets down like that all the time. Probly in 3/4 of their games. But, and I also point this out all the time, they are NEVER OUT of any game. I mean, look at the comebacks and heroics Aaron has shown us. They ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE, no matter how far they are down.

I still think it's annoying though. 🤣

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And one more thing, props to Geronimo and Cobb. I shit talked both those dudes in the preseason, but they stepped up last night. Cobb showed his old change of direction on that punt return, then on that TD he turned around and OUT RAN people! Good to see. 👍
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel.

Seems fair, since you assisted in them being there. 😉
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

And one more thing, props to Geronimo and Cobb. I shit talked both those dudes in the preseason, but they stepped up last night. Cobb showed his old change of direction on that punt return, then on that TD he turned around and OUT RAN people! Good to see. 👍

Way to stand up and admit it. Nicely done young man. If only more people would...

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
After seeing what we had in kick-off and punt returns is there really a spot for Davis? I thought we did well enough that we don't need to waste a roster spot on the guy.

We should likely keep 3 QBs active for here on out if Aaron's knee is suspect.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (12h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (13h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (13h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.