beast
5 years ago

Lots of overreaction in this thread, no one is kicking anyone when they're down.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A number of people think otherwise! Even if he didn't mean the word choices he made, his word choices came off as kicking him while he's down... some others made similar remarks to his, without the additional seemingly put downs.

And he's certainly not the only person with a story or experience in this subject matter.

You know something is wrong when Smokey and I agree on something. This happened 3 months before the draft, he could have given teams a heads up his head wasn't in it anymore instead of screwing over whatever unsuspecting team drafted him.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

What's wrong is a rush to a misunderstanding of the facts... even after the draft Madison was seemingly still in as he continued to do off-season activities including OTAs...

It was sometime after the draft, when he returned to the practice fields (where he had spent so much time with his teammate ), but this time football in Green Bay. So being around a football team could potentially be a trigger that reminds him of his lost teammate.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
This is where reading words on a page makes it difficult to understand what a person might mean. Face to face you can better explain what exactly you mean.
I know I have been misunderstood and have misunderstood others several times over the years.
And 2 people can go through the same thing, and react totally different.

We can’t judge others just because they don’t react as WE would react in a situation.
At least that’s how I believe.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
Notice to all-

Back off the personal attacks and name calling and discuss the topic or I will lock it.

Thank you for your cooperation.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
My son works with ptsd vets like himself. No 2 people respond in the same manner to the same stimuli. Cole is suffering. There is almost nothing we can do to support him in his journey. In like fashion I hope we don't condemn him either.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I hope the best for him. I wish there was something I could do to help him.

Last year, while looking online , I saw a man that I knew when he was a young boy. I was around his family every week.
He owned his own company, had a million dollar home, and seemed to have everything a man could want. Had 2 daughters and a son.
He killed his wife, then his 3 children, then killed himself. No one knows what “broke” inside him to make him do that. All his friends and neighbors didn’t see anything that would make you see that coming.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Some of you completely missed my point. Yes a 5th round draft pick no show hurts the Packers, but Depression is a certified medical condition. I suspect that Cole Madison is suffering from Depression. It causes one to close themself off from people and not deal with the reason/s for the Depression. When I said pity party, I meant it. Madison may be suffering a chemical imbalance where he is not producing enough serotonin. A Dr. and the correct prescription could help him. Often the first step, admitting a problem exist and seeing a Physicist, is the hardest part.

Well meaning family and friends don't always understand that coddling someone with Depression is the worst thing and only prolongs treatment. The death of his friend may have just been the trigger that put Cole Madison into the downward spiral that drains one of emotional control.

I did not slam this young man, rather I hope that he fares well and gets the help that he seems to need.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

What I have heard is that they were more than "just friends." The other person's actions may have been provoked by the possible revelation of this relationship in the football community.

So the passing of this other person cut deep for him. But now he may also feel like he can't play football, because of the pervasive close minded culture of high level football. I do not know if this is true or not. I hope it is not.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

What I have heard is that they were more than "just friends." The other person's actions may have been provoked by the possible revelation of this relationship in the football community.

So the passing of this other person cut deep for him. But now he may also feel like he can't play football, because of the pervasive close minded culture of high level football. I do not know if this is true or not. I hope it is not.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

With all due respect, that sounds like complete shock jock angle as they went straight to the most extrmemely community emotional based angle... of being scared of the football community not being inclusive. Which will get the most amount of people upset reading it...

I would give it more credibility if it was something less complex and more personal emotional instead of the entire football community is out to get them.

Like he was afriad he was going to lose him, as Madison was going off to the NFL... simply and personal make much more sense for an emotional reaction to me.

So I'm not buying this theory without some proof of something.... depression, stress of starting, brain injuries works just as well.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

Some of you completely missed my point. Yes a 5th round draft pick no show hurts the Packers, but Depression is a certified medical condition. I suspect that Cole Madison is suffering from Depression. It causes one to close themself off from people and not deal with the reason/s for the Depression. When I said pity party, I meant it. Madison may be suffering a chemical imbalance where he is not producing enough serotonin. A Dr. and the correct prescription could help him. Often the first step, admitting a problem exist and seeing a Physicist, is the hardest part.

Well meaning family and friends don't always understand that coddling someone with Depression is the worst thing and only prolongs treatment. The death of his friend may have just been the trigger that put Cole Madison into the downward spiral that drains one of emotional control.

I did not slam this young man, rather I hope that he fares well and gets the help that he seems to need.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

\

I will give you the doubt on the pity party comment. I took it to mean that you thought he was sitting around feeling sorry for himself when you could have meant everyone else is doing that. My background with depression apparently isn't as in depth as yours but I can see where the wrong approach by people who actually know him would have a huge impact on his getting better. However, as I said before we really have no idea what is being done by Cole or his family or friends. They may be coddling him or they may be doing everything right.

As far as fans are concerned I don't see how our feeling sorry for him would affect him in any way. I doubt he reads these posts so our well wishes and defense of his behavior (admittedly we don't know how he is reacting either other than knowing he is taking it very hard) while seeming like a pity party are simply us feeling empathy towards the young man.

My strongest reaction would be reserved for those whose first thought was "this sucks the Packers really got screwed by this guy" A comment like this one This happened 3 months before the draft, he could have given teams a heads up his head wasn't in it anymore instead of screwing over whatever unsuspecting team drafted him. is completely out of line.
sschind
5 years ago
One question I have to ask Smokey since I noticed it several time in your posts. Are you intending to write Physicist or is it your auto correct. The first time I saw it I ignored it thinking that was the case but I noticed you used it again a few more times. Obviously I am thinking you meant Psychiatrist but maybe there is something more to it that I don't understand
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.