buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
1 year 3.1mil

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Rockmolder
5 years ago
Bears sign S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (1 year, $3.5 million): A++ Grade  

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier when I said that teams were irresponsible for spending tons of early-free agency money on safeties. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is every bit as good as some of the high-priced safety signings from earlier in the week, yet the Bears got him at a fraction of the price.

I found this to be unbelievable. How could the Bears get Ha Ha Clinton-Dix for just $3.5 million in 2019 when some of the other similar-caliber safeties are set to make eight figures per year? It's insane.

This is the best signing of the offseason right now, and it's not even close. I was going to write, "If I gave out A++ grades, this would earn it." Well, this is my Web site, and I can damn well give out an A++ if I want to. The Bears are getting an A++ for this absolutely absurd signing.

gbguy20
5 years ago
The difference the other safeties had multiple options and the bidding drove up the price. It's telling that this is the best deal haha could get.
steveishere
5 years ago
Yeah lol the reason they only had to pay him 3.5 mil isn't because they were smart for waiting it's because he's not acutally similar quality to the other guys that got signed. That's not a bad deal though it's probably about what he's worth.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

The NFL’s No. 1 pass defense last year is adding some depth to the secondary.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

How the mighty have fallen. It's crazy to think that a first-round pick who was a five-year starter can be relegated to "depth" status in just his sixth season.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

If he was so great we would not have traded him for a 4th round pick and the Redskins would have tried to resign him. For 3.5 million it's not a bad signing for the Bears as they need someone to replace Amos and I don't think he is as bad as some fans try to make him out to be but all in all I'd rather have Amos for what we are paying than Ha Ha for what the Bears are paying.
gbguy20
5 years ago
Dude played like a pussy in hopes of staying healthy so he didn't screw up his big pay day. So much for that. What will he do this year? Learn from his mistakes or do it all over again?
beast
5 years ago
They got Haha at a great price point... and reportedly took a smaller offer to go there.

What Haha (or his agent) want is to set them up for next year FA by getting with the best pass rush/defense they could. (and maybe rejoining his college S buddy).

The big down side for the Packers is that Haha might know tells of Rodgers or Adams that could stay will the Bears team for a while even if Haha doesn't.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
5 years ago

If he was so great we would not have traded him for a 4th round pick and the Redskins would have tried to resign him. For 3.5 million it's not a bad signing for the Bears as they need someone to replace Amos and I don't think he is as bad as some fans try to make him out to be but all in all I'd rather have Amos for what we are paying than Ha Ha for what the Bears are paying.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

If he was as horrible as everyone here makes him out to be, we wouldn't have gotten a 4th rounder for a guy with an expiring contract.

They got Haha at a great price point... and reportedly took a smaller offer to go there.

What Haha (or his agent) want is to set them up for next year FA by getting with the best pass rush/defense they could. (and maybe rejoining his college S buddy).

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think so, as well. And I wonder how it'll turn out. On one side, you get two of the better young safeties on one team. On the other side, you have two opportunists playing next to eachother. I bet they'll win them the game with three picks between the two of them one week, only to give up four huge plays and lose it for them the next.
gbguy20
5 years ago

If he was as horrible as everyone here makes him out to be, we wouldn't have gotten a 4th rounder for a guy with an expiring contract.

I think so, as well. And I wonder how it'll turn out. On one side, you get two of the better young safeties on one team. On the other side, you have two opportunists playing next to eachother. I bet they'll win them the game with three picks between the two of them one week, only to give up four huge plays and lose it for them the next.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Plenty of videos breaking down his horrible play the last 2 years. Ignore the name recognition and he is nothing special.

Also, fact is Washington traded a 4th for him, then benched him before the season was over, and then chose not to offer him even 3 million dollars to return, after they had just traded a 4th to get him! Does that not tell you something about his play? Come on man...
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.