beast
5 years ago
Championship! :P

12 TE T.J. Hockenson, Complete TE, only has average speed, but has everything else and he can catch, run people over and make some miss, but as a blocking TE he's everything you might want and will help an OT if they need it.

30 FS Nasir Adderley, former CB, I think is perfect for what the Packers are looking for, a guy that plays smart, discipline, can hold up deep down field and ton of physical upside.

44 CB Julian Love, simply a very smart and verstile CB, who gets a ton of out his talent by making minimum mistakes just like S Amos who they just signed.

75 RB Damien Harris, power RB who can catch the ball as well and give the team the physical power RB.

114 WR Mecole Hardman, slot WR with great quickness and speed, but wasn't asked to learn many routes and wasn't used to the best of his abilities. Though Gute talked about wanting to get larger at slot WR, but Hardman physically abilities and the fact I think they're going to draft a returner (which Hardman does as well) made me grab him at least once. Two speed WRs on the field at once could come in handy at some point if a team struggles with speed.

118 TE Josh Oliver, A receving TE and Jimmy Graham's back-up, with a lot of athletic potential to grow.

150 OT Chuma Edoga, a VERY athletic OT, that needs some more developmental, namely with his hand use and technic, as well as his overall power. He needs development, but he's athletic enough he stay at LT if he's able to fix his problems and at this price I think it's worth a risk.
========

185 Edge Jalen Jelks, I HAD to draft Jelks at some point just to talk about him (and.no I don't believe he should fall this far, but they had it, so I went with it). Jelks is built tall, thin and long, almost just like Fackrell, but they're completely opposites... though neither one was taught/used as an edge rusher in college. Fackrell was more of a coverage zone nickel CB role, and Jelks played 3-4 DE.

Jelks somehow with that tall long body did quite well playing physical! But there just is almost no hope he can stay at interior DL, and despite being quite athletic, he's shown zero knowledge of playing edge and knowing how to set himself up, to be able to turn the corner like you would expect from an edge rusher.

Long story short, you can't just simply throw Jelks out there, he's a mismatch in a bad way... but he's athletic, and tough as needed getting everything out body he can, if a defensive coordinator uses Jelks smartly, they can set him up to protect the edge and then sometime ask him to dive up the middle and have a DB blitz the edge like Pettine does and it very well might work.

Sorry for all of that, I'm just find Jelks interesting, while he's got a major proper fit problem in his game, he's also got some majority toughness and raw athletic tools
=========

194 RB Devine Ozigbo, a big body, one year wonder, who reshaped his body and got into a new scheme full of zone concepts and used quickness and power and took advantage. Ozigbo really could be a diamond in the rough, or a bust if he reverts... but swing for the fences and Aaron Jones was the 2nd RB in his Packers draft class.

226 ILB Terrill Hanks, former Safety, with coverage LB size moved to LB his last year... GREAT athletic skill set for the 7th round, and quick to attack. The problems are that he's still adjusting to a new position, he's not good at dealing with OL blocks (most coverage ILBers aren't), and worse of all seems to have a low football IQ.... meaning he needs to have a simple system, or agressive system that tells him what to do so he doesn't have to think.

Hanks is great if it's simply, see ball, get ball (so hopefully great ST player), or simply follow that guy in coverage... but if you start asking him to read and react, he's a goner.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Guys I know in Buffalo think they are taking TJ Hockenson at 9.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Rockmolder
5 years ago

Guys I know in Buffalo think they are taking TJ Hockenson at 9.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I could see why. A tight end is a young QB's best friend, especially when that QB hasn't looked all that great during his rookie season.

They only had Jason Croom left on the roster. They overpaid for Tyler Kroft, just so they could have something at TE. Then added an offensive linemen in Jake Fisher in the hope that he'll pan out as a blocking tight end. There's certainly a need at the position.

Only thing is that Beane hasn't exactly drafted for need so far, but I guess he has to help Allen out and a lot of the value picks at 9 are on the other side of the ball. I'm reading a lot about replacing Kyle Williams with Wilkins, Oliver or Gary, but I'd rather see if I could trade back and help Allen in some sort of way. Helping him get going should be your number 1 priority, even if it means giving up 30 points per game this year.
Rockmolder
5 years ago
12 - Rashan Gary, EDGE - Michigan

A player that has about 0,01% chance of actually falling to pick 12. Don't think he needs all that much introduction, anymore.

30 - Marquise Brown, WR - Oklahoma

A pick I'd love to see. Already wrote a bit about him.

44 - Johnathan Abram, S - Mississippi State

This would be a perfect addition to our defense. You can get him into the gameplan on 1st against run-heavy teams, especially with Amos being such a safe player. You can then get him on the field in passing situations as a nickle LB, get him on tight ends et cetera.

It's beneficial in more ways that one. We've had the discussion about Amos dropping into one of those linebacker roles, but with Abram on the team, you won't have to move him around. Could be a big plus, since Amos defines the word safety and is a guy you can truly depend on deep.

75 - Juan Thornhill, S - Virginia

And another safety. One that's more in the mold of the guy we want to have playing at safety full-time. He can fly, has a nose for the ball and is versatile enough to move around the field. He takes risks, but that's why he'd be perfect to couple up with Amos.

I don't think picking two safeties would be that bad an idea. There's no one on the roster right now I'd say can't be upgraded by a decent rookie or has actually earned a spot, rather than our big signing.

Interesting tidbit to get everyone riled up here... His NFL.com scouting report says he compares best to Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

114 - Kahale Warring, TE - San Diego State

A guy with lots of potential. Great athlete. Not the fastest tight end you'll every see, has all the tools to develop into a decent starter, at the very least.

There's some very good value at TE around round 3 and 4. Between Wilson, Warring and Oliver you have three guys who are all good receivers, but need some work in blocking. They all have some upside and I'd gladly get either of them at this point.

118 - Rodney Anderson, RB - Oklahoma

Big gamble. Got season-ending injuries in 3 of his 4 college seasons. That said, talentwise he'd normally be closer to round 1 than round 4. I feel like this is the point in the draft where you don't find players without faults, anyway. Might as well go for the home run.

Perfect addition to Aaron Jones and our zone blocking scheme. Sees holes developing, can cut upfield and through traffic and has reliable hands. The fact that he'll have trouble running outside the tackles in the NFL according to most scouts doesn't bother me that much at this point in the draft. Especially not since we have Jones on our roster.

Overall, I would've liked to get some OL-help in and maybe get a prospect at OLB, but the draft didn't pan out that way. If we could get this haul of players, I'd be more than happy, though.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
I pretty much nailed this draft out of the park.

Montez Sweat and Daniel Jones in the first round while getting Nasir Adderly in round two.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/ZXXzy32BXT 

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
For whatever reason, when I click on the link, I can only see round one despite clicking on subsequent round numbers. I love round 1 tho
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Four Rounds
12 Jonah Williams, OT Alabama
30 T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
44 Charles Omenihu, IDL Texas
75 Daniel Jones, QB Duke
114 Andy Isabella, WR UMass
118 Beau Benzschawel G Wisconsin
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

For whatever reason, when I click on the link, I can only see round one despite clicking on subsequent round numbers. I love round 1 tho

Originally Posted by: KRK 

You should be able to click something on the right side to just show my picks, or what is actually just the Packers selections.
UserPostedImage
4 years ago
Here is what I would consider ideal. Hopefully I see something close play out when I'm in Nashville next week! Watch for me. I'll be one of the guys wearing "Doink 1" and "Doink 2" t-shirts a la Thing 1 and Thing 2, when the Bears are picking.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Just to be clear, I think they're going to be running a lot of double TE sets with a receving TE and all around TE.

12 TE T.J. Hockenson (All around TE)

30 CB Byron Murphy (Very athletic CB)

44 OL Dalton Risner (Maybe better for OG but with TE help might be able to play RT).

75 S Darnell Savage (Great tackling and verstile S, though they missed out on those elite deep single coverage FS types)

114 TE Josh Oliver (receving TE)

118 S Marquise Blair (a developmental FS)

150 WR Stanley Morgan Jr. (A great route runner and verstile player, who Thompson would never draft because of his hands/catching need some work but Gute seems more loose with that)

185 RB Devine Ozigbo (A big RB with some nice power and work in zone blocking)

194 WR Penny Hart (Slot WR /return guy)

226 RB Elijah Holyfield (power runner, with very quick speed and great short area movement skills... but almost no speed to speak of and unproven as a receiver).

Originally Posted by: beast 

Another piece of evidence we reached for Savage
UserPostedImage