Cheesey
4 years ago
I agree bboy.
I myself am frustrated with what I see are mistakes that shouldn’t have happened.
The long return on the kickoff was one big one. Crosby then kicks out of bounds and sets up another short field.
Missed tackles, no run stopping (or pass stopping) defense.
The offense having 4 shots at the one and not getting into the end zone. Then the game ending interception.

Another thing that REALLY frustrates me is: the run game was obviously NOT working at all. So when does the coach realize it and stop trying? After 3 quarters of nothing, why not just pass on every down? Every time it wasted at least one down. Often LOSING yards and making it second and long.
Yes, I KNOW they want “balance”, but at what point do you say “the heck with what’s not working “ and try to win the game???
I LOVE the Packers, and will back them and watch every week, like I have for the last 55 plus years.
But I can’t overlook what I see as bonehead moves.
I call it the way I see it.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago

i hate when fans act like they cant talk or criticize their team. I was bigging up this team the past 3 weeks. I think its perfectly OK to take off the sunshine glasses and talk about how they got exposed on national television. You are more then welcome to not participate in this talk and move onto other homer posts and think everything will be ok next week.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Ok.
Oh my god!
The Packers got beat!

They are going to suck the rest of the year!

Why the hell did Mark Murphy hire Gutekunst?

He hasn't done a damn thing to make the team better!

Lefleur doesn't have a clue how to call a game!

The other teams know what The Packers are going to run before the play is called!

Aaron Rodgers' freelancing is the only thing that saves the team from defeat most weeks!

Pettines defensive schemes are a joke!

What's with all the damn injuries already?
What the hell are the strength and conditioning coaches doing?
The players need to do their damn Yoga!

The fucking world is coming to an end because The Packers lost a home game on national tv and EVERYONE is going to laugh at us.

Why the hell did McCarthy get fired?

Nothing has changed after 4 games!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
4 years ago
Buckeye, it’s one thing to make valid points about how your team may have played bad, and going off on wild stuff like you said in your post.
I myself can’t just ignore what I see as things that aren’t good, and pretend all is well.
If you don’t face there are problems, how can you fix them?
It doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan of the team if you dare to point out valid shortcomings, does it?
I said VALID ones. Not just making up stuff. I haven’t seen anyone here throwing out senseless stuff like you are saying.
If I did, I would agree with you.
But I see valid criticism of the team’s play. Do you not agree?
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
4 years ago
The Packers can't run the ball and can't stop the run, this is not a recipe for success.
The Cowboys will run for 300 yards against us.
Running backs around the league are licking their chops as they think about playing against the Packers defense.
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

The Packers can't run the ball and can't stop the run, this is not a recipe for success.
The Cowboys will run for 300 yards against us.
Running backs around the league are licking their chops as they think about playing against the Packers defense.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Agreed. Dropping Mike Daniels & only having/playing one ILB really hurts.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

i hate when fans act like they cant talk or criticize their team. I was bigging up this team the past 3 weeks. I think its perfectly OK to take off the sunshine glasses and talk about how they got exposed on national television. You are more then welcome to not participate in this talk and move onto other homer posts and think everything will be ok next week.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

When things look too easy, they tend to fly in our face. And I mean too easy in the sense I figured their secondary was depleted so bad we'd be able to use the pass to setup the run. That shit didn't happen.

I also think most of us thought it was a risk to only have two RB's active on game day. I would rather us have 3, especially if the coach wants to run the ball often.

The final two drives of the game were really deflating. I don't think many of us were as oppomistic as the national media was (thinking about the "OMG when Rodgers starts getting his groove and with this defense, watch out!" comments).

I don't know that we really will know what kind of team we have until after 8 games.

And for the Dom Capers and Mike McCarthy comments ... football is football. It always looks similar so if you were expecting some drastic changes you're just not really holding realistic expectations.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Agreed. Dropping Mike Daniels & only having/playing one ILB really hurts.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Mike Daniels can't stay on the field. In fact, he's injured right now. We had Raven Greene to fill a roll and it was believed he'd be able to do so until Oren Burks came back. Injuries happen and are not something we can predict. Well, we all predicted Mike Daniels would get hurt again lol.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Mike Daniels can't stay on the field. In fact, he's injured right now. We had Raven Greene to fill a roll and it was believed he'd be able to do so until Oren Burks came back. Injuries happen and are not something we can predict. Well, we all predicted Mike Daniels would get hurt again lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oren Burks hasn’t showed us anything that makes me believe he’s the answer. Raven Greene would’ve been better to have out there than Redmond, but still. The lack of depth/talent at the position should’ve been addressed before the 7th round.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Oren Burks hasn’t showed us anything that makes me believe he’s the answer. Raven Greene would’ve been better to have out there than Redmond, but still. The lack of depth/talent at the position should’ve been addressed before the 7th round.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

We're not the Dolphins, we don't have 100 picks lol

We have to be realistic here. The Packers can't fill every hole in one off-season. It is a process. Hopefully the moves we made pan out.
UserPostedImage
RickLM
4 years ago
This loss isn't the worst thing in the world. Everyone was on the Packer wagon, and it was starting to scare me. I feel like this team always plays better when they have something to prove. Do we need improvements? Sure. Our running game just needs to be more simple. Get Aaron Jones north and south. Don't rely on tosses and cut backs. Too much finesse is being relied on. The passing game will be fine. That redzone disaster won't happen often. Our d was humbled, they will bounce back.

At the end of the day we are 3-1 during a stretch we had no business being 3-1 in under a new coach and system. Breathe people.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (10h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (13h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.