4 years ago
My cap hit is 7.
That’s how many caps I own!😂

And Zero doesn’t lie!
(Except in bed!)😂
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

For the 2018 season Jimmy Graham counted ~$6 against the salary cap. Multiple sources agree with this statement. Why? Because is it not a lie. It is not an argument. It is a fact. Check Spotrac. Check OverTheCap.

If you don't want to trust me, so be it, but other sources support the statement I made that you cowardly called a lie.

Now does that mean the Packers ONLY paid Graham $5.9 million in 2018? I don't care enough to research that, but what I do know is what counted against the salary cap and that is what my statement was predicated on. It was not a lie. It was not an argument.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes he only counted that much against the cap... but the suggestion that his 2018 only cost that much is a lie (the accounting system is lying, not you).

It's not hard to research, as you yourself said, check Spotrac... they do all the math for you.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jimmy-graham-6603/ 
Check out the very right column...

2018: $13,250,000 ... that's the real cost of having Graham on the team in 2018.

The cap suggest that Graham's costs are
2019: $12,666,666
2020: $11,666,668

The actual costs are
2019: $9,000,000
2020: $8,000,000

It's not really any harder to research, it's easy as checking the single players cap on spotrac... and it allows for actual cost evaluations.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
4 years ago

Yes he only counted that much against the cap... but the suggestion that his 2018 only cost that much is a lie (the accounting system is lying, not you).

Originally Posted by: beast 

It's a strawman. Nobody has suggested that.

Kevin made a slightly vague post, and then followed up clarifying that he meant salary cap hit. After which you've made numerous responses lecturing him and anyone who would listen about raw cash values, which no one but you has brought up.

You've clearly got some axe to grind with how the salary cap system is structured. Here's a suggestion: write an angry letter to the NFL, and stop taking it out on people here.
blank
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
To sum it all up...Graham is not worth either 9-12 this year or 8-11 next year, and the sooner we can accrue any benefit from cutting him we should.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
4 years ago

It's a strawman. Nobody has suggested that.

Kevin made a slightly vague post, and then followed up clarifying that he meant salary cap hit. After which you've made numerous responses lecturing him and anyone who would listen about raw cash values, which no one but you has brought up.

You've clearly got some axe to grind with how the salary cap system is structured. Here's a suggestion: write an angry letter to the NFL, and stop taking it out on people here.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I have no problem with the cap system in how it's used, it's a quite simple and effective system for the needs of the league. But one has to realize it manipulates numbers to average things out for the shake of spreading out signing bonuses.

My axe to grind is the NFL's over-simplification failures, in many of their processes, and the failure of the media and others in picking up on the over-simplifications. From a wide range of things...

From one of ESPN NFC North writers saying there is no way Raji could play DE because Kevin Williams couldn't do it... when in reality Williams was attempted at 4-3 DE... and Raji was attempted as a 3-4 DE... they're both over-simplified to be called DE (and the writer stupidly went with it, I'm guessing cus he doesn't know better) but they're very two different positions as one is on the inside DL and one is edge rusher.

To the probowl stupidly putting all the DE and LB against each other, which of course the edge rushers always win (4-3 DE and 3-4 OLBers)...

To almost all 32 teams (if not all) having a 3-4 or 4-3 depth chart when in reality, all 32 teams run "base defense" less than 20% of the time, and nickel is usually on the field the most.

To having a FB on the all-pro list instead of a 3rd WR / 2nd TE or some sorta flex position (which I think they might of corrected), when teams barely use FBs anymore.

As far as the salary cap, the media fails to recognize that the accounting system is not the cash money... and just run with it, that it's the end all and be all... and falsely say things like the Packers got Graham and another player for releasing Nelson's contract... when in reality, Grahams got more/cost more in 2018 than Nelson did... so Graham actually took more than Nelson's contract. That's a misrepresentation, and lots of innocent people are believing this misrepresentation...

Again, the salary cap is a GREAT system for what the NFL is using it for! But the media needs to realize that they're misrepresenting it as the deciding factor... as cash is the deciding factor in decisions, not the accounting of said cash. Yes they have to be under a certain amount... but as they did with Favre's contract multiple times under Sherman, any team can fairly easily manipulate what year the cap space is in (within 5 years time frame).

So I got no problem with the system, just the misrepresentation of the media reporting on it.

And also I think it's fair to say that Nelson might of done more for the Packers in 2018 than either Graham or Cobb actually did...

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (13h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.