Cheesey
4 years ago

What exactly is he going to "lose"? One game check, maybe? Some bad publicity from some old timers? My guess is he will lose very very little, if anything other than some of his time and an insignificant amount of money (for him), from this ordeal.

I'm guessing he'd "lose" more with multiple offenses.

Any guess on how many NFL players would rather live in a state where this would be a non-factor? My guess is a significant percentage of the league. But hey, at least Green Bay Packers players get to enjoy the great weather!

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Yeah.... you are right. In today’s world, what does class and respect hold value wise?
All that matters is to do what YOU want. Self absorbing is what’s important.
Laws don’t matter, rules don’t matter.

And the excuse that “everyone else is doing it” is a reasonable response.
If it feels good to you, do it. The hell with the law, and what anyone else thinks.
Geez....
Oh....and no matter what state they live in, the NFL doesn’t allow marijuana use. If you take a job with them, you agree to abide by their rules. Oh yeah....that’s right....you think those rules don’t apply to them.
I guess me being an old guy that was brought up with morals, you wouldn’t understand.
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

Yeah.... you are right. In today’s world, what does class and respect hold value wise?
All that matters is to do what YOU want. Self absorbing is what’s important.
Laws don’t matter, rules don’t matter.

And the excuse that “everyone else is doing it” is a reasonable response.
If it feels good to you, do it. The hell with the law, and what anyone else thinks.
Geez....

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

With the exception of the law parts, you're kinda being a hypocrite in your own statements here.

You're complaining about them not caring about wanting class and respect, because that's what YOU want... and being a bit self absorbing (not that I'm saying you're wrong, or disagree, as I try to follow laws (other than maybe speed limits), but there are more ways to look at it than just one).

And I think I can say that most fans (sports, entertainment, celebrities) are quite guilty over following peoples lives and getting into their personal business because "everyone else is doing it" and because "it's there" to the point of entire media industries being created around following what famous people are doing (even when they're not at work).

And why do we do it? Because "it feels good", just like a number of us (including me and you) are doing rants because it "feels good".

So basically, with the exception to the law/legal parts, you're doing that same thing that you're complaining about... putting your focus/opinion first (which we as fans often do)...

As for following the laws, do you follow ALL of the laws? ALL OF THEM! Including ALL speed limits? Because there are SO MANY STUPID LAWs, that people ignore them all the time (like I ignore speed limits in certain areas, because it's 25 (or sometimes 15) and majority of people are going 40 with no problems.

But some laws that I'm sure get broken all the time in Wisconsin areas

Should all these laws ALWAYS be followed?

No SNOWBALLS in Wausau
Wausau Municipal Code Chapter 9.08.020 states that "No person shall throw or shoot any object, arrow, stone, snowball or other missile or projectile, by hand or by any other means, at any ... public place within the city." For a city that just had its snowiest month ever - 50+ inches in February - that just seems like the fun police!

Racine it’s illegal ... for women to walk down the street unaccompanied by a male.

St. Croix has a law that represses women even more: They’re banned from wearing anything red in public.

Connorsville is more forward-thinking toward women. There, it’s a crime for a man to fire a gun while his female partner is experiencing an orgasm.

Stupid Wisconson Laws  wrote:

I'm certainly not saying people smoking or using drugs ares correct... but people breaks the laws all the times... hell I've been told by more than one law enforcement agent (in different states) that there are so many different car laws on the books, that if you know them well enough, every single car (including police cars), every single car has something breaking the law...

While I personal like to follow the law... there are so many laws (and some extremely stupid), there you have to ignore some of them... and what one person finds smart, another might think is extremely stupid...

And who are we to judge which ones should be followed or not followed?

So we, as humans, almost have to either be Self absorbed, choosing which laws are important to us to both follow, and/or ignore.... OR base it off, the other option of "everyone else is doing it" so it must be alright... that's human nature and we're all doing it (including you, and me)!

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
now that i know its illegal, im definitely doing the gun while giving an orgasm thing.
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago
He did it.
He got caught
Sometime in the future he will probably have to pay for it.
I don't think the other players will think less of him.
I doubt it has any effect on him performing.
I for one am just going to let the thing play out and hope any suspension doesn't come at a bad time .
The whole thing may just go away.
We are not the ones to judge.

Aaron Jones was suspended 2 games last year for basically the same thing.

I don't think anybody cares now.
He got caught
He paid the penalty.

Whatever happens let's hope he learns his lesson.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
4 years ago
Comparing a”no snowballs” law to going 20-24 over the speed limit, and having an illegal substance in your car, is in itself stupid.
Are there stupid laws? Yes.
I guess it was wrong for me to think that people in the public eye would care about how they appear to the public.
And I guess I’m weird that I try to follow the speed limits, even if it’s 25mph. There are reasons why certain areas have low speed limits.
I’m 62, and the ONLY ticket I have ever received was because I turned right on an intersection that had a “no turn on red light” sign I didn’t see. The DA saw my driving record, and lowered it to a lower thing, with no points on my license. I paid the fine and that was it. So I’m not perfect. (Never said I was) but 20-24 over the limit? That’s pretty extreme, wouldn’t you say? I have never gone that much over the speed limit.
If people want to make “excuses” for these guys, go ahead. You can if you want.
They didn’t kill anyone. They broke a couple of laws.
I know they couldn’t give a rodents rectum what I think. As obviously some here don’t either.
I can live with that.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago
Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.
beast
4 years ago

now that i know its illegal, im definitely doing the gun while giving an orgasm thing.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Exactly my point! ... that we all use are own judgement weather to follow a law or not, depending on how judge said law and the possible reactions to it.

Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.

GREAT POINT!!!! Someone from a different state, once asked me (in the most low and serious tone of voice), if the rumors are actually true, that our state flag, really does have a traffic cone on it. Because here they put out traffic cones like 3 months with seemingly no progress of actually working on it... and if the lanes aren't changed messed up, the traffic normally doesn't slow down much (if any)

Comparing a”no snowballs” law to going 20-24 over the speed limit, and having an illegal substance in your car, is in itself stupid.

I agree it's stupid, but it also points out a major flaw in your argument... that laws can sometimes be stupid, and we all (probably) ignore some... by using are own opinion (self absorbing to some degree), or others opinions (everyone else is doing it).

I guess it was wrong for me to think that people in the public eye would care about how they appear to the public.

I think it's wrong of anyone to think that people in the public eye are any different than the people out of the public eye... like the people out of the public eye, they want to do their own private stuff too... they care about how they appear (to different degrees based on the person) but them living their private lives comes first.

And I guess I’m weird that I try to follow the speed limits, even if it’s 25mph. There are reasons why certain areas have low speed limits.
I’m 62, and the ONLY ticket I have ever received was because I turned right on an intersection that had a “no turn on red light” sign I didn’t see. The DA saw my driving record, and lowered it to a lower thing, with no points on my license. I paid the fine and that was it. So I’m not perfect. (Never said I was) but 20-24 over the limit? That’s pretty extreme, wouldn’t you say? I have never gone that much over the speed limit.

I certainly completey agree that certain areas have really low speed limits for GREAT reasons and they should stay that low for safety reasons... but there are also other roads that have no reason being that low, and people just ignore it because it's stupid (which I believe is a safety hazard, in that they then think they can ignore it on the roads that truly need the slow limits).

I'm not your age, but I've never gotten a ticket (yet)... but on the straight interstate, I certainly don't think it'd be surprising to see people going 15 to 25 MPH over the speed limit... it's the ones going 35+ that surprise me.

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Exactly. This is what I was trying to say earlier.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

That is a good point.
Now if that was the case, and there was no illegal substance in the car, being as he wasn’t driving under the influence, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.
But marijuana is still against the law here, and against the rules of the NFL.

I drive in the expressway all the time. I do the speed limit (70mph here) and constantly have cars zooming past me.
If I was a cop, I could hand out dozens of tickets all day long. And texting and driving? Ridiculous how many times I see that.
How many people are killed every day by people that ignore theses laws?
Like I said before, the speeding is bad, but the drugs in the car was REALLY dumb.
And although I don’t know for certain, my bet is the pot wasn’t for pain, but for fun.
Get high when your career is over. Why chance losing your job?
I don’t think this incident makes them evil, just dumb.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago
After I read the article again.

Looks like Mr. Smith could be covering for one of the young guys riding with him.

He was definitely guilty of speeding.

The blunts were found in a duffle bag in the back of vehicle.

"When first asked about them Smith said "what weed?"
When asked again he said he would "Take the hit " for it.

Pretty sure the Coaches and front office know the real story.
IMHO, I just don't think it is going to be that big of deal in house.
The suspension, if any will not be until next year.
I'm ready to move on.
😁
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.