wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Cheesey chimed:This is a classically great expression but one that may require explanation for you youngsters.

In the days of yore, wells were dug by hand. As the well digger got completely into ground depth wise, hiss ass would rub against the cold dirt (with I believe is approximately 57 degrees fahrenheit.) This was both unavoidable and provided leverage for continued digging.

Consequently, after a while, the well diggers ass got cold, ergo the expression.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Good job.

My dad and his 2 brothers dug the family well by hand in the early 50s when my grandparents built their new house. It was about 35 feet deep. Today wells run 250-300 depending on were the aquifer is located.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Regrettably, as I am married to a bear fan, Bears 27 - Packers 20
Bears score a special teams touchdown and a defensive touchdown, most likely a pick six by Fuller.
Packers score on the first drive, then hibernate until its too late.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
gbguy20
4 years ago
That last part seems incredibly likely.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Regrettably, as I am married to a bear fan, Bears 27 - Packers 20
Bears score a special teams touchdown and a defensive touchdown, most likely a pick six by Fuller.
Packers score on the first drive, then hibernate until its too late.

I converted my Bear fan before we got married. 😉
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
WPR warbled:

I converted my Bear fan before we got married. 😉

You are a smart man than I.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
I thought this was a good write-up...Bill Huber wrote:

World’s Best Preview: Inside the Bears

Dec 13, 2019

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Here’s our weekly look inside the opponent. This week, it’s the Chicago Bears.

TRUBISKY’S NOT ALL THAT’S DIFFERENT: The improved play of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky isn't the only thing new about the Bears since Week 1. In Round 1 between these teams, Bears coach Matt Nagy forgot about two of the team’s early draft picks. Rookie running back David Montgomery, a third-round pick and the team’s first selection, had six carries – including only one in the second half. He played 38 percent of the snaps. That’s better than Anthony Miller, a second-round pick last year. Miller played 21 percent of the snaps and was targeted only once (zero catches) in the passing game.

Montgomery has become the team’s workhorse running back, with a team-high 680 yards.

At Iowa State, Montgomery was known for his punishing, tackle-breaking style. There’s been some of that, though his 2.33 yards after contact ranks just 53rd of 60 qualifying backs, according to Pro Football Focus. However, he is 13th with 35 averted tackles, according to PFF. Generally, in getting what’s blocked and fighting for more, he’s become a focal point of the offense. In the first six games, Chicago ranked 26th with 20.8 carries per game. In the last seven games, Chicago’s ranked 12th with 26.7 carries per game.

“He’s been solid for them,” Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said. “I think it was expected when they drafted him, and I think we saw signs of it opening night. He had a couple nice runs, but he’s really matured. You look at him now, he doesn’t look like a rookie back anymore. That’s a big part of their formula, is the ability to run the football, get ahead of the sticks. And obviously he’s been a significant part of their success.”

The re-emergence of Miller might be a bigger story. As a rookie, he had 33 catches for 423 yards and seven touchdowns. Through the first four games of this season, he had just four catches. It’s been a different story the last four games, though, with 24 catches.

Miller, who had four catches in the first four games, has been a vital cog of late with 24 catches in the last four games. During that span, he is tied with Davante Adams for eighth in receptions and 13th in yards among receivers. Miller and Allen Robinson (76 catches, 898 yards and seven touchdowns, including 23 receptions for 280 yards and a league-high four touchdowns the past four games) give the Bears a quality one-two punch.

BEAR DOWN: Of course, Chicago’s calling card is not Trubisky or Miller. It’s the hard-hitting, dominating defense that once again is keeping teams off the scoreboard.

The Bears are fourth in points allowed (17.8), ninth in total defense (and sixth with 5.00 yards allowed per play), seventh in rushing defense (and third with 3.73 yards per carry), 13th in passing defense (but sixth with 6.18 yards per attempt) and seventh on third down (35.1 percent). That compares rather favorably to last year, when Chicago was first across the board in scoring (17.7 points per game), yards allowed per play (4.78), per rush (3.78) and per pass (5.72), and fourth on third down (34.3 percent).

So why are the Bears 7-6 after going 13-3 last year? Trubisky’s third-year struggles are part of it but the defense hasn’t been as dynamic. Last year, Chicago was No. 1 in takeaways (36), No. 1 in interception percentage (4.39) and No. 9 in sack percentage (8.13 percent). Those numbers stand in stark contrast to this season, with Chicago ranking 17th with 16 takeaways, 27th in interception percentage (1.65) and 25th in sack percentage (6.20).

All of those big plays resulted in big swings of field position that the Bears haven’t benefitted from as often this year. Moreover, Chicago has gone from six defensive touchdowns to only one this year.

The Bears’ defense figures to regain the services of Akiem Hicks. The Pro Bowl defensive end has missed the last nine games with an elbow injury but is expected to be activated from injured reserve in time for the game. His lone sack this year came in the opener vs. the Packers, and he had a sack and a forced fumble in last year’s game at Lambeau Field.

However, the Bears will be without both of their starting inside linebackers. Roquan Smith, a sideline-to-sideline defender with a team-leading 100 tackles, was placed on injured reserve on Monday. Danny Trevathan, who is second on the team with 70 tackles, is out with an elbow injury. Nick Kwiatkoski and Kevin Pierre-Louis will take their place in the lineup. Kwiatkoski is no slouch with 45 tackles. Pierre-Louis stepped in against Dallas and had five tackles and two pass breakups.

“Well, 44 (Kwiatkoski), I’ve always thought he’s been a really solid player,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “He rocked me a couple years ago and I know where 44’s at most times when he’s in the game. I have a lot of respect for him, the way he’s played and his approach to the game. He’s been backing up both Danny and Roquan this season and he does a hell of a job. He’s a great player. Roquan obviously made himself into a really solid player. He’s a sideline-to-sideline guy, a big tackler, so that’s going to hurt them a little bit. But they’ve got some depth on defense.”

MACK ATTACK: You didn’t click on this link to find out Khalil Mack is the straw that stirs Chicago’s defensive drink. Everyone knows that. He has 7.5 sacks and five forced fumbles, one off the league high. According to Pro Football Focus, he’s tied for seventh among NFL edge defenders with 61 total pressures.

Of note, his rushes are split almost equally between the left and right sides as the Bears probe for matchups. That means, unlike most weeks, the No. 1 rusher won’t be the primary responsibility of either left tackle David Bakhtiari or right tackle Bryan Bulaga. Both players – and the guards, as well – will get their fill of No. 52.

“That’s something that we definitely have noted, that he can line up either side,” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said. “Shoot, even on third downs sometimes they’ll put him inside. They’re probably doing it to keep us a little more off-balance, so you can’t just set everything towards him.”

In Week 1, 31 of Mack’s snaps came from the defense’s left side vs. 24 on the right.

SPECIAL-TEAMS CHALLENGE: Green Bay’s special teams might have turned an important corner.

Heading into the game against the Giants a couple weeks ago, Green Bay was No. 26 in our five-category, field-position-based special-teams rankings. However, after a midseason slump, punter JK Scott has had two good games in a row and Tyler Ervin provided an enormous spark to a historically bad punt-return unit last week. Coupled with Green Bay’s greatly improved kickoff coverage, which has limited the opponent to no better than a 20-yard average the past five games, coordinator Shawn Mennenga’s units appear to be hitting their stride at a perfect time.

“I feel like we’re improving in all areas,” Mennenga said on Thursday. “You just want to continue to see the growth and those things. To me, it’s 16 one-game seasons. You can build confidence based on improvement but, at the end of the day, you still have to do it on Sunday. We talk about one play at a time. We don’t get a second or third down, like offense or defense does. If you screw it up, it can lead to a big kickoff return or big punt return or, vice versa, you can lose yardage. Our guys have done a really good job of focusing on the details and continuing to try to improve the little things. I see that happening. To say we’ve turned a corner, no. If you have a bad game, then you can say you haven’t, but I feel like we’re continuing to improve and I like where we’re going.”

Are the Packers legitimately better? They’ll find out on Sunday, because receiver Cordarrelle Patterson is No. 2 in the league with a 30.2-yard average on kickoff returns and running back Tarik Cohen is fourth in the league with a 9.1-yard average on punt returns.

“Obviously, their resumes speak for themselves. Two Pro Bowl returners,” Mennenga said. “I know Cordarrelle is one of the best of all-time as far as his average. He’s just a big guy that hits it. Cohen has been a Pro Bowl returner and is dangerous every time he touches the balls. And Chris (Tabor, Chicago’s special teams coordinator) does a good job with getting those guys blocked up and getting them free. They’re definitely the best duo of returners we’ve seen.”

Patterson has a touchdown this season, giving him seven in seven NFL seasons. Chicago ranks second in the league in average starting field position following a kickoff return at the 27.2.

“You always know field position, especially when you start getting into these colder-weather games, field position becomes so big,” Nagy said.

Cheesey
4 years ago
Packer fans marrying Bears fans.....what is this world coming to??? 😂

UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

I thought this was a good write-up...Bill Huber wrote:

“Well, 44 (Kwiatkoski), I’ve always thought he’s been a really solid player,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “He rocked me a couple years ago and I know where 44’s at most times when he’s in the game. I have a lot of respect for him, the way he’s played and his approach to the game. He’s been backing up both Danny and Roquan this season and he does a hell of a job. He’s a great player. Roquan obviously made himself into a really solid player. He’s a sideline-to-sideline guy, a big tackler, so that’s going to hurt them a little bit. But they’ve got some depth on defense.”

I've kinda been quietly wondering if Kwiatkoski might be the Packers new starting ILB next year. Pretty good player, that can't get starting time because he's got two very very talented guys in front of him. Also he might not be able to get max dollar he otherwise would if he's seen as a back-up to some.... but I think he's talented enough to start, and I believe former college Safety (at least he was a Safety at the start maybe?). Gute already took one good player from the Bears defense.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Beast beckoned:

I've kinda been quietly wondering if Kwiatkoski might be the Packers new starting ILB next year. Pretty good player, that can't get starting time because he's got two very very talented guys in front of him. Also he might not be able to get max dollar he otherwise would if he's seen as a back-up to some.... but I think he's talented enough to start, and I believe former college Safety (at least he was a Safety at the start maybe?). Gute already took one good player from the Bears defense.

Great thought. I wonder whether they let Travathan go instead. In either case, a excellent target for us.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.