gbguy20
4 years ago

A big thing that you and many others are missing is that our receivers suck ass. And they have sucked ass for a while now. For whatever reason, management seems to think using late round/undrafted receivers is a great idea.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I don't buy this argument. Our ass sucking receivers are getting open all over the field and being ignored/missed. Granted, they are terrible at reacting when "the play breaks down" (rodgers reverts to backyard football) but they shouldn't be asked to do that nearly as often as they are anyway.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

A big thing that you and many others are missing is that our receivers suck ass. And they have sucked ass for a while now. For whatever reason, management seems to think using late round/undrafted receivers is a great idea.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I used to think this until our WR's went elsewhere and fizzled out of existence. I'm not saying they are world beaters, but there is a difference in how Aaron Rodgers is playing. He is not nearly as decisive as he once was. I am not bashing Rodgers, I am not hating him, but I won't be naive to what is obvious to the eye. I think he used to feel immortal and the injuries have made him realize he's not Superman. I also point to his comments in press conferences that support this. Comments talking about the end of his career. This is natural, this is normal. We were freaking blessed beyond words to have him follow Favre. I do not want any other QB.

We don't have Kyle Rudolph, Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs kind of receiving threats, but we sure as hell have better than teams like Jaguars, Redskins, etc.

I don't want Rodgers to throw interceptions,. so don't be an idiot by twisting this around -- I think he needs to give the WR's more chances to MAKE PLAYS instead of shouldering it all on himself. We have guys who can go up and get the ball. They just need the opportunities.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

I don't buy this argument. Our ass sucking receivers are getting open all over the field and being ignored/missed. Granted, they are terrible at reacting when "the play breaks down" (rodgers reverts to backyard football) but they shouldn't be asked to do that nearly as often as they are anyway.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I would love for you to show film of receivers consistently running wide open “all over the field”. You have obviously been watching a different team.

I’d be foolish to say that Rodgers is playing like he was when he was 30. But for people like you to blame all of the offense’s problems on Rodgers, that’s just idiotic.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Z, is there a way to "double thank" a post? If so, I would like to do it for go.pack.go's last post.

Yes, he has declined from "the best player ever at the position" to, "he is really friggin excellent and I wish we had some better wide outs"
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Z, is there a way to "double thank" a post? If so, I would like to do it for go.pack.go's last post.

Yes, he has declined from "the best player ever at the position" to, "he is really friggin excellent and I wish we had some better wide outs"

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Maybe he can go back to throwing guys open instead of waiting for them to be open? Nah, let's ignore what we see other QB's doing and just blame the WR's. We have an OL that is giving him time. He needs his WR's to run routes that he can throw them open. If you question this, look at the games Davante Adams was out. Guess what happened? Yeah, exactly, he can do it. He'll flip that switch and like he's always done, he'll make average WR's look better than they are. He is that good.

The NFL's Next Gen Stats show the WR's are getting separation, and in fact, they are 1st in the NFL.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

And the OL is #1 in pass protection.

Additionally, what I've been trying to say about not throwing into tight windows, well, there's a stat for that.

This is why I think and believe Aaron Rodgers himself can flip a switch. The parts are there. The tools are there. And when it's needed, he's going to tear it up.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago

I wouldn't say Aaron Rodgers is dogshit, but I can see how some would perceive him to be playing like dogshit. I can't say I'd agree fully with that assessment. But, the problem with saying to look at 2017's offense is that it doesn't seem to be producing much worse than what we are now.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We've already outscored 2017's offense (309 points vs 306 on offense in 2017), on pace to score 74 more points than 2017, on pace to have 487 more offensive yards. Going beyond that, we're on pace to turn the ball over 6 times this year versus 21 in 2017, Time of Possession (31:10 vs 28:36), and it's somewhat easy to see why the defense while it's had major problems, is on pace to give up 52 less points this year than 2017. And why we're on pace for 12-4 instead of 7-9.

Have we been GOOD on offense this year? No. Has Aaron Rodgers been consistent? No. Is this ANYTHING like 2017? Absolutely not.

Frankly, beyond a nigh-impossible thing to quantify such as "looking off", it's pretty hard to pass off most of the differences between Rodgers this year and in years where he's put up bigger numbers as anything more than predominately the result of actually sticking with the run for once, and actually having some success with it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/aaronrodgers/2506363/careerstats 

He's had a few dud games a year for almost his entire career. Is he at his peak? Absolutely not. If he was halfway between his peak and where he is now, would the Packers be 11-2 or 12-1 right now instead of 10-3? Probably. Is Rodgers the first, second, third, or fourth thing I'm worried about with this team? Absolutely not.

This is a very average year for ARod apart from 2011.
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

We've already outscored 2017's offense (309 points vs 306 on offense in 2017), on pace to score 74 more points than 2017, on pace to have 487 more offensive yards. Going beyond that, we're on pace to turn the ball over 6 times this year versus 21 in 2017, Time of Possession (31:10 vs 28:36), and it's somewhat easy to see why the defense while it's had major problems, is on pace to give up 52 less points this year than 2017. And why we're on pace for 12-4 instead of 7-9.

Have we been GOOD on offense this year? No. Has Aaron Rodgers been consistent? No. Is this ANYTHING like 2017? Absolutely not.

Frankly, beyond a nigh-impossible thing to quantify such as "looking off", it's pretty hard to pass off most of the differences between Rodgers this year and in years where he's put up bigger numbers as anything more than predominately the result of actually sticking with the run for once, and actually having some success with it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/aaronrodgers/2506363/careerstats 

He's had a few dud games a year for almost his entire career. Is he at his peak? Absolutely not. If he was halfway between his peak and where he is now, would the Packers be 11-2 or 12-1 right now instead of 10-3? Probably. Is Rodgers the first, second, third, or fourth thing I'm worried about with this team? Absolutely not.

This is a very average year for ARod apart from 2011.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Exactly. We aren't really outproducing 2017 by all that much. Just as I said. To me, it doesn't seem like we're producing helluva lot better than 2017. I see the same struggles in 2019 that I saw in 2017 with the exception of less turn overs and more scoring from the rushing game.

We are better in 2019 offensively, but not by what I would expect with having a healthy Aaron Rodgers and potent running game. We have a defense that has two guys in double digits. We're getting more interceptions. Our offense is turning the ball over less. 2017 we had 22 takeaways and 25 giveaways. 2019 we have 20 takeaways and just 9 giveaways. I'm overs-simplifying things here, but consuming everything from turnovers, conversion percentages, HEALTH of the team -- it feels like we should be out performing 2017 scoring by more than barely 3 points a game.

I'm not saying our offense is trash, garbage, and needs a complete rebuild. I am saying we have the ability to do more with the opportunities. And I also am confident we will. 2017 and 2019 feel similar in some aspects, but in 2019 we are WINNING and I believe Aaron Rodgers is going to light up teams in the playoffs.

One major difference from 2017 and 2019 ... we have seen dominate running game, dominant passing game in 2019. We didn't see that at all in 2017. And that has me hopeful.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
Does Rodgers not trust his current group of WRs?
I think he just needs to take more chances, and like was said already, throw guys open.
That’s the only way we will win going into the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
4 years ago

Exactly. We aren't really outproducing 2017 by all that much. Just as I said. To me, it doesn't seem like we're producing helluva lot better than 2017. I see the same struggles in 2019 that I saw in 2017 with the exception of less turn overs and more scoring from the rushing game.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My point is that despite what might seem to be the case at a glace... We are producing a lot better than 2017, and not much different than an average post-2011 year. Here's 20 minutes of work in excel to better illustrate things.

Are we underperforming? Yes. Do I think it's really different than what we've been seeing for basically all of Rodgers' career, especially when removing the outliers? Not measurably.
beast
4 years ago
Yes Rodgers has absolutely declined!

Part of it might be a new system that he's still learning, but I think there is a systematic flaw that Rodgers bought I to way too much...

Part of MM's system was to keep the play alive as long as possible to find the big play down the field.... Rodgers mastered this and has made amazing things happen with it!

But while Rodgers is doing a great job keeping the play alive for the big play, he's not getting the ball out of his hands, even when there is an open guy short, as he's looking for the if play.

This allows teams to drop 7 into coverage as they know he's over protective of the ball, which will make him hold it even longer and give the 4 rushers longer time to get to him.

Also Rodgers vision just doesn't seem to be the same... guys are sometimes getting open and he just doesn't seem to see it (can't see the whole field all the time like we can with 22-film but I think he used to be much better at knowing where to look, with a lot of matchups options with a deep group of talented WRs, which he no longer has.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.