Zero2Cool
3 years ago
This was just made available. I know this is being petty, but sponsors coming before fans and community just kind of rubs me wrong. I would think it would be community, fans and sponsors or even fans, community and sponsors. I dunno. It's petty, I know.

Statement From The Washington Redskins Football Team
On July 3rd, we announced the commencement of a thorough review of the team's name. That review has begun in earnest. As part of this process, we want to keep our sponsors, fans and community apprised of our thinking as we go forward.

Today, we are announcing we will be retiring the Redskins name and logo upon completion of this review.

Dan Snyder and Coach Rivera are working closely to develop a new name and design approach that will enhance the standing of our proud, tradition rich franchise and inspire our sponsors, fans and community for the next 100 years.

Edit, looks like some ass clown went and trademark numerous word mark's that could possibly be used.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4808%3Ago0wje.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=washington&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query 
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

If Warriors is offensive, how can it be the name of the Golden State NBA team without a peep? Is there a difference?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The quote I was responding to said "offensive to someone", everything is probably offensive to at least one... Packers is offensive.to some Peta members. Doesn't mean most think the offense to it is nonsense.

And today is not the announcing of a new name. It is announcing that Redskins is no longer going to be used for the Washington football club. At least, that's how I've read everything being thrown out there about this topic.

I was giving the rumor at the time... and it's been said that if the team has the new nickname officially trademarked, it would of come out today, but since there are still legal loopholes they're keeping the name quiet, because as you said, "some ass clown went and trademark numerous word mark's that could possibly be used"... so they're trying to lock up the trademark before more ass clowns try to get in their way.

Though there are multiple people trying to do it, that one guy is just doing it on overload and steroids... trying to ensure he gets a pay day out of it.

This was just made available. I know this is being petty, but sponsors coming before fans and community just kind of rubs me wrong.

I agree, that's poor PR... or maybe honest PR, which some might say is poor PR.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I was giving the rumor at the time... and it's been said that if the team has the new nickname officially trademarked, it would of come out today, but since there are still legal loopholes they're keeping the name quiet, because as you said, "some ass clown went and trademark numerous word mark's that could possibly be used"... so they're trying to lock up the trademark before more ass clowns try to get in their way.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The report was clear. The team would announce it was changing its name. The report didn't cite or state or infer there was a new one about to be announced. Lazy Twitter people are the ones who ran with it and formulated a "rumor", but in fact, there was never such a rumor as it was just a failure to comprehend what was originally reported. This is what pisses me off about "journalism". One person has a report, throws it out there, others read it, make their own inference and run with it. Then clowns on radio shows cite "multiple sources say" and they are just regurgitating the same BS blatant lie. Then listeners think it's fact. They litereally speak falsehoods into existence. It's deplorable. But hey what do I know ... they're making thousands everyday doing that BS.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

The report was clear. The team would announce it was changing its name. The report didn't cite or state or infer there was a new one about to be announced. Lazy Twitter people are the ones who ran with it and formulated a "rumor", but in fact, there was never such a rumor as it was just a failure to comprehend what was originally reported. This is what pisses me off about "journalism". One person has a report, throws it out there, others read it, make their own inference and run with it. Then clowns on radio shows cite "multiple sources say" and they are just regurgitating the same BS blatant lie. Then listeners think it's fact. They litereally speak falsehoods into existence. It's deplorable. But hey what do I know ... they're making thousands everyday doing that BS.

Yes the report was clear and I stated the FiRST report...

Now your bitching because a second later report was more correct...

You said you wanted us posting so you didn't have to, and I actually tried... but now you're giving me shit for trying to help?

I'm sorry that I even attempted to help... someone else can try to keep the board going during the boring part of the year...
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
3 years ago
The new team name should obviously be the Washington Covids. Make it happen Snyder.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Yes the report was clear and I stated the FiRST report...

Now your bitching because a second later report was more correct...

You said you wanted us posting so you didn't have to, and I actually tried... but now you're giving me shit for trying to help?

I'm sorry that I even attempted to help... someone else can try to keep the board going during the boring part of the year...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I didn't think I was giving you shit. I sure wasn't trying to as I don't think you're someone who doesn't comprehend what they read nor are you someone prancing around as a "journalist". Anyhow, my angst isn't with, nor was with you or what you said. It's with how ... well you can re-read what I said rather than me repeating the soapbox rant, lol. 😜

I am curious, though, what the new name will be. And if things like Madden will be quick to change/adopt the new nickname. I would think they would have to. It should be easy for the NFL team sites to change because they all use the same set of digital logos.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

I didn't think I was giving you shit. I sure wasn't trying to as I don't think you're someone who doesn't comprehend what they read nor are you someone prancing around as a "journalist". Anyhow, my angst isn't with, nor was with you or what you said. It's with how ... well you can re-read what I said rather than me repeating the soapbox rant, lol. 😜

I'm sorry I misunderstood. I know the whole thing wasn't towards me, but I thought the following parts might of been.

And today is not the announcing of a new name. It is announcing that Redskins is no longer going to be used for the Washington football club. At least, that's how I've read everything being thrown out there about this topic.

The report was clear. The team would announce it was changing its name. The report didn't cite or state or infer there was a new one about to be announced.

And the first report, I believe which came from a Senior Yahoo sports writer, I think did say the new name was coming...

Which later reports came out and said, no they're just going to retire the old name/logo.

Which as PFT pointed out, didn't official happen yet either, as they just said, they will be retired once they get a new one (which is always true), but it was them signaling that it is going to be going away.

Which sounds like if they already had the trademark and logo official and completely resolved they would of been out with it at the same time.

I am curious, though, what the new name will be. And if things like Madden will be quick to change/adopt the new nickname. I would think they would have to. It should be easy for the NFL team sites to change because they all use the same set of digital logos.

Sounds like most people believe Washington Warriors as Dan Synder liked it before and he's general been boring and non-creative. But I'm hoping he hiring someone else to be creative.

Most team fans seem to be hoping for Redwolves.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Sorry for the confusion. You're good stuff in my book. "Journalism" will always and forever ruffle my feathers. I feel the media has a responsibility and they drop the ball by being self serving rather than people serving.

I wonder if they will keep the HTTR then if they go with Redwolves. I have read quite a few people saying nickname X or nickname Y has nothing to do with DC or Virginia. I laugh because what the hell do the Lakers have to do with Los Angeles, for example. If the nickname had to be relevant to the area, the Minnesota Vikings would have be the Minnesote Chokers, or Chicago Bears be the Chicago DoubleDoinks. It's just a moniker. Pick one, make the uniforms cool and not ugly and let's rock!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
That’s the problem with today’s “media”. Everyone wants to be first with the “scoop”, so they throw away any real reporting just to try to one up on their competition.
With computers, if you wait for anything to be verified, you will be the 1000th person to report anything.
And with the attention span (short) of people today, if the media screws it up, the people will forget about it and move onto the next big story by the next day.
So there is very little accountability for the reporter.
At least that’s how I see it.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

"Journalism" will always and forever ruffle my feathers. I feel the media has a responsibility and they drop the ball by being self serving rather than people serving.

Especially currently when Journalism companies have decided to chance profits more than fact, as opinions are soooo soooo much cheaper.

I wonder if they will keep the HTTR then if they go with Redwolves. I have read quite a few people saying nickname X or nickname Y has nothing to do with DC or Virginia. I laugh because what the hell do the Lakers have to do with Los Angeles, for example. If the nickname had to be relevant to the area, the Minnesota Vikings would have be the Minnesote Chokers, or Chicago Bears be the Chicago DoubleDoinks. It's just a moniker. Pick one, make the uniforms cool and not ugly and let's rock!

Some fans say they HAVE to keep a mascot name starting with "R" to keep HTTR... but really I don't see that as a big change HTTW.

Though if Redwolves are selected, they did talk about changing Hail to..... Howl to the Redwolves, which I thought was an improvement.

They also want to keep the fight song, but as a number of people have pointed out, the fight song was written by the wife of the possibility racist owner they're trying trying to semi-delete from their history, so that probably gone.

In traditionally red wolves are from that area.

But yeah I've thought it'd be funny if they pick Washington Rhynos. (Rinos) lol

That’s the problem with today’s “media”. Everyone wants to be first with the “scoop”, so they throw away any real reporting just to try to one up on their competition.
With computers, if you wait for anything to be verified, you will be the 1000th person to report anything.
And with the attention span (short) of people today, if the media screws it up, the people will forget about it and move onto the next big story by the next day.
So there is very little accountability for the reporter.
At least that’s how I see it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

As for speed, I can see it both ways.

I remember a 53 man roster cutdown IM gathering with Tom Silverstein, in which he refused to acknowledge or accept any source other than his own company or if the player/agent said it themselves in Twitter.

Which was fine for most of the picks, but getting down to the end, between his company and the other Packers following paper, fans had figured out all 53 guys left.

But Tom Silverstein almost over the top insisted, that no sources other than his company can be trusted to find out the exact 53 guys left on the main roster after release day, which just rubbed a whole bunch of people the wrong way, as he kept telling people that it's not confirmed, when in reality it was confirmed, just not confirmed by you.

And I stayed because while I was annoyed at first, it become to be like watching a train wreak, where the public was informing him what was going on and he was in complete denial.

Point being, you have to trust some of your fellow professionals, as fans did nothing more by gather the information from two professional papers following the Packers and official accounts of players or professional writers in Twitter and the fans were right, while Tom Silverstein kept demanding nothing is official until his company says it's official, which is BS too.

So I can see the speed argument and verification going both ways.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.