Cheesey
3 years ago
Too many people put their blind faith in Dr. Fauci.
The guy isn’t perfect, and his opinion shouldn’t be taken as gospel truth.
And like KRK said, it should be between a patient and their doctor whether they feel it’s worth taking a chance at any drug. Especially when waiting might kill the patient.
Sometimes there isnt time to wait for a long drug trial to be finished.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
I thought this was an interesting read.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-does-weather-affect-covid-19 

Also,

The numbers are getting worse, even in Wisconsin. Whatever we're doing, it doesn't appear to be having a positive effect.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The numbers tell us that Wisconsin IS doing at least SOME things right. Hopefully keeping the infected away from the the most vulnerable....and the most vulnerable lowering their risk.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I thought this was an interesting read.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-does-weather-affect-covid-19 

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Horrible read.

If COVID-19 is seasonal, experts will likely establish this in 2021 or 2022 after the main pandemic waves.

Don't want this BS to continue any further.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago

Horrible read.

beast
3 years ago

Nevertheless, as mentioned in an earlier post, there wasn't blind study when penicillin was prescribed in WWII...that decisions saved thousands of lives. HCQ is far safer than penicillin especially at low doses

There also wasn't credit cards, power steering, super glue, McDonald's franchise or single computer modem when penicillin was prescribed in WWII. This ain't 1940...

And you keep arguing the safety of HCQ, but H2O is even safer than HCQ and Penicillin but absolutely nothing I've seen proves that any of them stops covid-19 in humans, as none of them stop TMPRSS2 enzyme which carries the Covid-19 into lung cells.

HCQ became popular thought to stop Covid-19 after a research study on monkeys showed HCQ stops Covid-19 in monkeys... but their bodies use a different enzyme, which HCQ does stop.

If humans cells used the same enzyme as monkeys, HCQ would have been a great to stop Covid-19. But it doesn't.

Now, some studies suggest Covid-19 isn't killing people, but the human body's immune system reaction to Covid-19 is killing people. In pure wild ass speculation, I wonder if HCQ prevents the immune system reaction in certain ways, which makes the symptoms looks at they've improved. Which would explain both why some doctors with patients swear by it, and why the science say it doesn't prevent Covid-19.

But the scientific studies have seemed to suggest HCQ doesn't stop Covid-19 from entering the cells.

Point taken....and a fair observation...but I am just a pissed at Trump for listening to him for WAAAAY to long. Somewhere over the last 3 years, his balls fell off.

I try to avoid politics, especially online as it's often pointless pissing contests,

But Trump still has major balls, as he's always had more balls than brains. Then again he's in good company, as lack of brains seems to be a running tread with Presidents. Sadly it's a popularity contest not a who's the best for the job contest.

No, actually it accentuates their favorable results with HCQ. Their systems are vastly inferior, but their death rates are much lower per case. I am suggesting HCQ has alot to do with that.

Favorite results with HCQ, favoritable results with Mask, favoritable results with mostly free and universal health care (except Indonesia, in which John Hopkins suggests your graph was extremely wrong in terms of Indonesia).

Also those results completely hid the results of countries that disagree with it, such as Iran, Brazil, Japan, South Korea.

So that information not only cherry picks the countries of the effect to match it's desired results, but it also cherry picks the cause it wants to push to claim what got that desired results.

I am tired of other people, with questionable motivations, dictating policy, especially when those decisions may be costing 10s of thousands of live.

You seem to just tired because the person in this case doesn't agree with you... it seems as if the person did agree with you, you might be all for it, but then again that's politics.

If we can agree that patients and Dr. should be permitted to make the choice, I am fine.

If something isn't going to be that harmful and than absolutely.

Though I absolutely think there should be certain limits where we don't have doctor's doing completely stupid shit (not talking about HCQ here) or that have a much higher risk of doing harm than helping (again not talking about HCQ here).

But even myself personally, when I was a child I had problem that caused pain and led to 8 different surgeries (doctor and Parents of patients approved). The surgeries temporarily helped, but also caused a different long term harm, and I believe the harm has been worse than the helpfulness.

Come to find, today, some Hospitals have decided to refuse to do such a surgery because they've deemed it more harmful than helpful, and as someone who's lived through it, I'd agree with that decision... even if the doctor and patient agreed because (at least in my particular case, I can't speak for others, nor what the average is, which would be extremely important) the harm clearly out weighed the benefit.

So I think there does need to be a check and balances where the doctor can't just come up with any idea, as something that might help one thing, can seriously hurt another.

But as for HCQ, I'd certainly be alright with more people trying it, especially with a study, seeing if it clears up the over-aggressive immune reactions.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Basically, what we have here is experts upon experts not coming to the same conclusion. And yet, we have people making decisions based on the inconclusive findings. Not small decisions either, major decisions. Aaron Rodgers was right when he spoke about the ill effects no fans in Lambeau is going to have on Green Bay. We fucking need the fans in the seats watching the Packers! We need the fans flocking here in droves -- buying things. You selfish fucks, let the boomer remover do it's thang!!

Okay, only quarter/half serious about that very last part. Green Bay seriously does need the fans. The stadium holds something like 80 thousand and we have a population of like 105 thousand. I promise you all those fans filling the seats aren't from the immediate area.

When reading these studies and the numbers and how they've come to their conclusion, or lack there of. I can't help but thinking of that one dentist who refused to endorse the toothpaste their four colleagues did. Did that one dentist know more than the others? Did that one dentist do more thoroughly testing? Did that one dentist refuse payment? I mean, what the hell! Who can you trust?

The answer is ... NO ONE.

What the experts need to do is inform us. They need to educate us. That's what we should all be asking for and demanding nothing less, nothing more. Inform me of the risks. Inform me of the measures to minimize/eliminate the risk. When (not if) I screw up suffer the consequences the risk; adequately provide that information on how to best eradicate it.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Beast benevolently but begrudgingly bequeathed

But as for HCQ, I'd certainly be alright with more people trying it

That's all I can ask.

Yeah Baby Yeah 
beast
3 years ago

What the experts need to do is inform us. They need to educate us. That's what we should all be asking for and demanding nothing less, nothing more. Inform me of the risks. Inform me of the measures to minimize/eliminate the risk. When (not if) I screw up suffer the consequences the risk; adequately provide that information on how to best eradicate it.

Absolutely! Experts, ie not politicians...

Though, I agree, two problems still exist

1) What about the items that there are no current eradicate methods available.

2) Payment, I believe our current for profit system is only set up to help pay for pre-approved items for certain items. And encourage only to treat what's currently happening, not preventing future items.

This is both why people can't get stuff no on an already approved list and why I can't get an easy and painless screening to see if I have the same thing as one of my parents despite having some of the early signs of it. It'd be nice to know for sure.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
This is a paper re face shields...I have long felt that this thing is just as likely to get into the eyes as the nose.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2769693?guestAccessKey=9a4c2b12-5d3c-4a7f-a78c-77651b07cb0a&utm_source=silverchair&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_alert-jama&utm_content=olf&utm_term=081720
Results
Before face shields, 62 workers (40 women) visited 5880 homes with 31 164 persons. From the 5880 homes visited, 222 persons tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, between May 4 to May 13. Twelve workers (19%) were infected during this period. Eight developed symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, myalgia, and anosmia) and 4 were asymptomatic. The 12 infected workers were moved to care centers. Four developed desaturation and mild breathing difficulty and were treated with oral hydroxychloroquine and oxygen therapy; all 4 recovered. Contact tracing of the workers who tested positive identified 14 van drivers, who were monitored. All were asymptomatic and tested negative between day 7 and 10 after contact with the workers.

After face shields, 50 workers (previously uninfected) continued to provide counseling, visiting 18 228 homes. Among the counseled, 118 428 persons, 2682 subsequently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. No worker developed asymptomatic or symptomatic infection.

If you don't want to wear a face shield, and I don't, wearing a hat and glasses can't hurt.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

This is a paper re face shields...I have long felt that this thing is just as likely to get into the eyes as the nose.

If you don't want to wear a face shield, and I don't, wearing a hat and glasses can't hurt.

What kind of hat? What kind of glasses?

The face shields have already been ruled out for kids in our school district. It has to be a face covering or mask.
UserPostedImage