MintBaconDrivel
3 years ago
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 13 - 3 )
[list]Total Offense = 5th
Rushing Offense = 8th
Passing Offense = 9th

Total Defense = 9th
Rushing Defense = 13th
Passing Defense = 7th

Points For = 31.8 (1st)
Points Against = 23.5 (13th)[/list]

UserPostedImage
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 11 - 5 )
[list]Total Offense = 7th
Rushing Offense = 28th
Passing Offense = 2nd

Total Defense = 6th
Rushing Defense = 1st
Passing Defense = 21st

Points For = 30.8 (3rd)
Points Against = 22.2 (8th)[/list]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That’s how I feel.
Not sure which I want to face.
Probably NO, as Tampa kicked us around during the regular season.
But you can bet the NFL wants Tampa to win. The SB in their home stadium, Tom Brady and all.
Guess we will see.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Let them come. There is one team yet in the North that still draws breath.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
earthquake
3 years ago
I haven't really put much effort into comparing these two teams, but I think New Orleans is the more favorable matchup, if for no other reason than the QBs each team has. They're both ancient but one plays in a dome and has an unremarkable record in big games, and the other is perhaps the best all-time in big games and has a history of winning in cold-weather.
blank
beast
3 years ago

They SHOULD face the winner of the playoff game against each other ;)

But I assume you mean who to prefer... in theory Buccaneers have the weaker pass defense and run offense should help the Packers...

But when we faced the Bucs earlier this season we couldn't stop the run and their play action killed us, plus they got even more offensive weapons now... while on defense, their DL physical matched up with our OL, and Jones couldn't out move their two great speed LBers, plus their heavy blitzing getting home meant Rodgers needed the WRs to get open quick, and important to note, the Buccaneers game was both Adams first game back from injury, and we were missing Lazard due to injury.

So in theory Buccaneers might shut down Jones and Tonyan, but IF they can give Rodgers enough time, the WRs MIGHT run wild, and I've also thought Dillon who's faster than Jones (not nearly as quick, but straight line speed faster), might be able to run over one of the speed RBs and keep going... but still, Brady has all those freaking weapons, do we really want to get into a shootout that we won't be able to run the ball as well in? That's risky.

On the other hand, we could fast the Saints, which both teams best WRs missed early this year, and I think the Saints might of missed a starting DB and DE as well. Saints quick passing attack will give our pass rush troubles, plus our defense biggest struggle has been stopping the run and covering receiving RBs, few better at that than RB Kanata. But Packers matchup fairly well, TE Cook and RB Karma coverage over the middle could cause lots of headaches, but Packers running especially Aaron Jones and Tonyan could be more effective I'm this one, and having the big three WRs all healthy as well.

So I'm thinking the Packers better matchup would be the Saints... plus Brady is used to playing in bad weather... the Saints aren't. And make sure you have an extra guy watching Kamara.

That’s how I feel.
Not sure which I want to face.
Probably NO, as Tampa kicked us around during the regular season.
But you can bet the NFL wants Tampa to win. The SB in their home stadium, Tom Brady and all.
Guess we will see.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm not sure the NFL wants a team in their home city in the Super Bowl... especially not Tom Brady nor the Patriots... as I think they want to avoid the unfair comments... then again, sometimes they seem to think any publicity is good publicity, so I'm not sure how they'd feel about it.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

They SHOULD face the winner of the playoff game against each other ;)

But I assume you mean who to prefer... in theory Buccaneers have the weaker pass defense and run offense should help the Packers...

But when we faced the Bucs earlier this season we couldn't stop the run and their play action killed us, plus they got even more offensive weapons now... while on defense, their DL physical matched up with our OL, and Jones couldn't out move their two great speed LBers, plus their heavy blitzing getting home meant Rodgers needed the WRs to get open quick, and important to note, the Buccaneers game was both Adams first game back from injury, and we were missing Lazard due to injury.

So in theory Buccaneers might shut down Jones and Tonyan, but IF they can give Rodgers enough time, the WRs MIGHT run wild, and I've also thought Dillon who's faster than Jones (not nearly as quick, but straight line speed faster), might be able to run over one of the speed RBs and keep going... but still, Brady has all those freaking weapons, do we really want to get into a shootout that we won't be able to run the ball as well in? That's risky.

On the other hand, we could fast the Saints, which both teams best WRs missed early this year, and I think the Saints might of missed a starting DB and DE as well. Saints quick passing attack will give our pass rush troubles, plus our defense biggest struggle has been stopping the run and covering receiving RBs, few better at that than RB Kanata. But Packers matchup fairly well, TE Cook and RB Karma coverage over the middle could cause lots of headaches, but Packers running especially Aaron Jones and Tonyan could be more effective I'm this one, and having the big three WRs all healthy as well.

So I'm thinking the Packers better matchup would be the Saints... plus Brady is used to playing in bad weather... the Saints aren't. And make sure you have an extra guy watching Kamara.

I'm not sure the NFL wants a team in their home city in the Super Bowl... especially not Tom Brady nor the Patriots... as I think they want to avoid the unfair comments... then again, sometimes they seem to think any publicity is good publicity, so I'm not sure how they'd feel about it.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Well since you were critical of my grammar I thought I would reciprocate. Dillion is quick but I don't think he will be on the field when the NOLA RBs are out there. But you never know. I assume you meant "speed LBs". ;)
There are other grammatical errors but contrary to the opinion of some on this board, I am not a complete A-hole.
Viva La Victory.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
28° ESE 8 mph
Cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day. High 28F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Next Sunday weather doesn't look much different than today. Let's see how much it changes in the next few days.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
Any updates on our injured guys...

Crosby, Lancaster, Dillon, Barnes (where there any others?)

Looks like Barnes and Lancaster might of come back in and played because their snap counts are pretty high.

Speaking of which Clark and Lowry playing over 85% of the snaps is impressive.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

There are other grammatical errors but contrary to the opinion of some on this board, I am not a complete A-hole.
Viva La Victory.

WPR, Some are not happy unless they can find SOMETHING in a persons post that they can pick on.
It’s kind of like “look how smart I are! I kan find sumthin I kan show how much I no!”🤪😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.