Zero2Cool
3 years ago
I started watching the Week 6 matchup last night. I made it through the first half. Some stuff I noticed.

[list]
  • Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were really annoying. Normally, I am good with Aikman, but that quarter he wouldn't shut up about changing stance in shotgun formation and repeatedly said he wouldn't talk about it until Brady was on the field.

• The wind. Holy shit the wind was bad. You could see the hand towels flopping all over the place. The gamebook says the wind was NE 12mph. It seemed like more. Look at the angle of those trees. The ball fell off the tee on the kickoff. Temp: 88° F (31.1° C) Humidity: 48%, Wind: ENE 12 mph
  • Outdoor Weather: Cloudy, Wind Chill: 91
     image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content. image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

• The Packers should not try any WR screens. Buccaneers sniff them out well.
  • The Packers cannot attempt a HB toss run. It does not work against this team.
  • Buccaneers played man coverage exclusively and Davante Adams was always getting open.
  • I think this was Davante Adams first game back from his hamstring injury.
  • Mike Evans was still recovering from ankle injury.
  • Kevin King did not play this game.
  • Buccaneers first three drives were stinkers.
  • Darius Shepard was in on offense.
  • The pick six was the most non-Aaron Rodgers throw I've seen in a long time. He just doesn't make those throws. He also starred Adams down from the moment the ball was snapped. Weird to see that kind of thing.
  • The offense just doesn't look the same as I've seen in the last month or two.
  • The 2nd Rodgers pick was tipped from Cartlon Davis who was covering Davante Adams. First time watching I thought Adams dropped it, but Davis tipped it.
  • Offense is basically responsible for the first 24 points scored in this game. They got them 10, and gave up 14.
  • The 2nd down pass to Marcedes Lewis -- if that is on target, it's 17 - 14 and probably a completely different game if Rodgers throws it on point. The next play was intentional grounding.
  • Packers can run between the tackles against Buccaneers with success. The toss runs are straight up failure.
  • Valdes-Scantling was open for a TD, but Rodgers over threw him. That would have put the score 17 - 21, but Rodgers takes sack on 3rd down and then Buccaneers walk down the field and make it 10 - 28 at half time.
  • Valdes-Scantling got open again for a TD, but Rodgers under threw him. That would have made the score going into halftime 17 - 28.

• Starting OL for Packers
  • LT 69 D.Bakhtiari (Rick Wagner came in for Bakhtiari in 2nd half)
    LG 74 E.Jenkins
    C 63 C.Linsley
    RG 62 L.Patrick
    RT 77 B.Turner[/list]

The Buccaneers offense didn't look threatening. If the Packers don't turn it over, the Buccaneers wouldn't have been able to run it so frequently.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    The Tampa game was very "unpacker-like". It was a perfect storm on things going wrong. Everywhere. Both sides of the ball. The weather. Everything. Adams and Clark finally returned after missing a few games. As you said no King. No Lazard.

Just because GB played TB in week 6, this will not be the same two teams meeting again this week.
    UserPostedImage
    3 years ago
    Many "Packer" fans are worried about the game Sunday, because of what happened in Week 6. I've got a friend that knows the Packers football very well, but he is a huge "worry wart". He says, "they beat us 38-10, after a bye week". That's what has me a bit puzzled too, but up 10 zip, then get outscored 38 zip? What happened yesterday, happened yesterday.
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

Many "Packer" fans are worried about the game Sunday, because of what happened in Week 6. I've got a friend that knows the Packers football very well, but he is a huge "worry wart". He says, "they beat us 38-10, after a bye week". That's what has me a bit puzzled too, but up 10 zip, then get outscored 38 zip? What happened yesterday, happened yesterday.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Watching the first half left me confident that the Packers can have a different outcome. I didn't notice much motion. I saw a lot of stretch runs and toss runs that (just my opinion) you shouldn't try against a fast LB crew. When the Packers ran North/South, they had success. Before the game was out of hand, Jamal Williams had a 20+ run.

The team looked lethargic and with no energy. They punched themselves in the mouth and couldn't recover. I think the Buccaneers will be slower in the cold.
    UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    3 years ago
    We dominated initially, but that's the game where I thought it deemed like they had a tell.

They do have fast LBs, but we showed we can succeed. Whatever the tell was, stop doing that.

These are games that Mike would have shit himself. We're with Matt now. Let's do this!
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

The Buccaneers played Man during week six. Do they commonly play man or commonly play zone? What is their strength? I NEEDS2NO!

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
    UserPostedImage
    Cheesey
    3 years ago
    This is a much different Packer team then it was in week six.
    I’m sure the Packers have watched the tape of that game, and figured out what went wrong.
    Plus, as was already stated by others, we have our WR crew healthy and rolling. That, and if Dillon is able to go, a three headed RB group that can make some big plays.
    I know some have said beating the Rams #1 defense wasn’t that big a deal because of who they played, but 16 games in the NFL, to have the #1 D is a pretty big deal. To do that for an entire season means you aren’t a slouch.
    UserPostedImage
    Mucky Tundra
    3 years ago
    Seems like once a year Green Bay craps the bed in a warm weather game down south. And to boot I think they were wearing their green jerseys. Tampas reminds me of the Packers last year. Very dependent on momentum shifts to get stops on D and can be feast or famine at times on offense.
    “Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
    UserPostedImage
    "I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (15h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.