Cheesey
3 years ago
We all our frustrated.
The Packers has their chance, and blew it.
Rodgers had his chance several times in the forth quarter and didn’t get it done.

That and the defensive screw ups by King, add up to a loss.
Brady saw King as an easy guy to pick on, and did so.

As I said before this game, if you don’t pressure Brady, he will pick you apart.
We got 3 INTs on him, yet our offense only got points from one of them.
We should have won the game.
The one pass to Lazard that was intercepted, the D-back should have been flagged for PI. But the refs missed it.
The NFL got what it wanted. Brady in a home game super bowl.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Winston threw over 5,000 yards and 33 TD's with that team last season when they went 7 - 9. He also threw 30 INT's, but when you have a dominate defense, that shit don't matter.

Yet, everything is about Tom Brady. He did have a good year, he threw over 4,500 yards, 40 TD's and only 12 INT's. That plus 7 TD's and minus 18 INT's helped get them four extra wins.

Brady was carried by the Buccaneers, not the other way around. That narrative FOX kept shoving down our throats annoyed me from the kickoff.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Winston threw over 5,000 yards and 33 TD's with that team last season when they went 7 - 9. He also threw 30 INT's, but when you have a dominate defense, that shit don't matter.

Yet, everything is about Tom Brady. He did have a good year, he threw over 4,500 yards, 40 TD's and only 12 INT's. That plus 7 TD's and minus 18 INT's helped get them four extra wins.

Brady was carried by the Buccaneers, not the other way around. That narrative FOX kept shoving down our throats annoyed me from the kickoff.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Our team gets a lot of help from the officials, but nothing like Brady. He can't even throw the ball on a line anymore. Yet here he is, lobbing it all over the field and still getting to SBs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
macbob
3 years ago

You said it was the worst coaching job. What made it as such? The three spots that bothered me the most were end of first half and the offensive series following the 2nd and 3rd picks. They had a chance to take the lead and the offense flopped. The plays that were ran seemed to need a lot of protection and slow developing. I was thinking they just keep moving the chains like they had been doing.

First of all, let me say I like Mike LaFleur and think that he's done a great job in turning us around from the declining spiral we were in (and despite the defensive call / lapse at the end of the half, I really like Pettine as well. He's taken a unit that was consistently bottom dwelling (as in #31 or 32) and got them into the top 10 (#9) defense).

That said, I don't agree with going for the field goal at the end of the game.

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

1) We go for it and score and make the 2 XP: Game is tied 31-31; we don't HAVE to get the ball back; just keep TB from scoring IOT go to OT. If we hold them and get the ball back, we only need a FG to win.

2) We go for it and score but miss the 2 XP: We're losing 29-31; have to get the ball back; but only need a FG to win.

3) We go for it and don't make it: we're losing 23-31; TB gets the ball inside their 10 yd line and we have to get the ball back; possibility of good field position if we hold them but still need a TD & 2 XP to go to OT.

4) Kicking the FG: we're losing 26-31; have to get the ball back; and still need a TD(!!!) to avoid losing.

Obviously, the scenario outcomes would rank 1 (31-31; need FG to win), 2 (29-31; need FG to win), 4 (26-31; need TD to win), 3 (23-31; need TD and 2 XP to go to OT).

What bothers me is that I don't think #4 (still needing a TD) is that much better than #3 that I would pass on the opportunity for #1 (and a tie game) or #2 just to avoid ending up in #3.

It wasn't my call to make, but if it had been I would have gone for it. If kicking the FG got us within 3 and we just needed a FG to tie, then I could see it; but as it was #4 left us still needing a TD to avoid the loss.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

First of all, let me say I like Mike LaFleur and think that he's done a great job in turning us around from the declining spiral we were in (and despite the defensive call / lapse at the end of the half, I really like Pettine as well. He's taken a unit that was consistently bottom dwelling (as in #31 or 32) and got them into the top 10 (#9) defense).

That said, I don't agree with going for the field goal at the end of the game.

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

1) We go for it and score and make the 2 XP: Game is tied 31-31; we don't HAVE to get the ball back; just keep TB from scoring IOT go to OT. If we hold them and get the ball back, we only need a FG to win.

2) We go for it and score but miss the 2 XP: We're losing 29-31; have to get the ball back; but only need a FG to win.

3) We go for it and don't make it: we're losing 23-31; TB gets the ball inside their 10 yd line and we have to get the ball back; possibility of good field position if we hold them but still need a TD & 2 XP to go to OT.

4) Kicking the FG: we're losing 26-31; have to get the ball back; and still need a TD(!!!) to avoid losing.

Obviously, the scenario outcomes would rank 1 (31-31; need FG to win), 2 (29-31; need FG to win), 4 (26-31; need TD to win), 3 (23-31; need TD and 2 XP to go to OT).

What bothers me is that I don't think #4 (still needing a TD) is that much better than #3 that I would pass on the opportunity for #1 (and a tie game) or #2 just to avoid ending up in #3.

It wasn't my call to make, but if it had been I would have gone for it. If kicking the FG got us within 3 and we just needed a FG to tie, then I could see it; but as it was #4 left us still needing a TD to avoid the loss.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

You outline what the problem is with the first three scenarios. I explained in a different thread why going for FG was right. I've tried going against that, but it's illogical. King doesn't get PI then Rodgers has ball with one timeout and about 90 seconds. Why would anyone fight this or not see this? People act like two point conversions are gimmies.

I'll keep trying to rationalize different scenarios, but the FG gives you best chance to win is where I keep landing on. Same scenario as Panthers in December. At first, I also said I would have gone for it on fourth. I would have been wrong, lol.
UserPostedImage
macbob
3 years ago

People act like two point conversions are gimmies.

I certainly didn't assume the 2 XP would be good. I liked our chances from the 8 yd line more than I liked our ability to stop TB from making a first down (given our 3rd down ineptitude to that point in the game), and with one first down being basically all that TB needed to drain our TOs and run out the clock.

Not stating it as a fact: it was my opinion at the time and still is (after letting the emotions settle down) that it was a bad call.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I certainly didn't assume the 2 XP would be good. I liked our chances from the 8 yd line more than I liked our ability to stop TB from making a first down (given our 3rd down ineptitude to that point in the game), and with one first down being basically all that TB needed to drain our TOs and run out the clock.

Not stating it as a fact: it was my opinion at the time and still is (after letting the emotions settle down) that it was a bad call.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Going for it on fourth down is the bad call. You're burning up clock. Plus, you probably won't convert. And then you need a high pressure FG to win. If it's converted, you have to prevent the other team from a high pressure FG. Or go to overtime.

Or kick FG, don't pass interfere and give Aaron MVP Rodgers the ball with one time out and nintey seconds to get ya to the Super Bowl.

I dunno. Game on the line, I want it resting on the arm of Rodgers. Not the defense. Not a coin flip. Not a FG attempt. The more I think about this, I'm astonished folks could fathom going for it is a good decision. I need to think more about it.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

I'm just not sure a Head Coach going into his third year wants to upheave two of his coordinators that fast. Special Teams is more about player discipline than much else. Mason Crosby is still playing amazing. JK Scott can't seem to punt it more than 50 yards anymore. Coverage units are plugging people in and out and it seems no one understands lane integrity.

I don't think we lost in the playoffs because of special teams. Even though the offense was inept, I think the defense is what is lacking. They cannot manufacture pressure on the QB consistently.

But isn't it Mennengas job to make sure his guys understand lane integrity and how to stay disciplined in them (like you mentioned in a post before this)? I mean, if it's that simple why not switch to another guy (not being facetious here, just legit curious)? I can't imagine he's the only ST coach in the NFL working new guys on a regular basis.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

This is probably the thing that's killing me the most about this. Just a nonstop media circle jerk on how Brady transformed a losing team into a Super Bowl contender when he's been low key mediocre/bad this postseason. When Mannings arm was gone in 2015 and he was being carried by the Broncos D, everyone just dogpiled the guy to call him washed up even though he reinvented himself as a game manager/check down guy. Brady throws weak floaters up for grabs and it seems like no one is pointing it out.

Our team gets a lot of help from the officials, but nothing like Brady. He can't even throw the ball on a line anymore. Yet here he is, lobbing it all over the field and still getting to SBs.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yep. All his accurate stuff downfield had no heat on it. When he did put something on his throws they had no accuracy. There's a reason why Belichek transitioned from a high flying downfield offense to a grind it out, short pass/death by a thousand cuts style of offense as Brady started aging and they started losing guys.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

But isn't it Mennengas job to make sure his guys understand lane integrity and how to stay disciplined in them (like you mentioned in a post before this)? I mean, if it's that simple why not switch to another guy (not being facetious here, just legit curious)? I can't imagine he's the only ST coach in the NFL working new guys on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Yes. I don't know what authority he has though. Offense and Defense get priorities over players. Special Teams can say I can't use player X or Y anymore, I need player Z. Offense can say, no, I need player Z for offense. I do not KNOW that is how it goes, but it's how I assume it goes based on what I've read and heard in conferences. Basically, I think Special Teams gets treated like the ugly duck and is viewed more like a punishment.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (4h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (16h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (16h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (21h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.