Cheesey
3 years ago
We all our frustrated.
The Packers has their chance, and blew it.
Rodgers had his chance several times in the forth quarter and didn’t get it done.

That and the defensive screw ups by King, add up to a loss.
Brady saw King as an easy guy to pick on, and did so.

As I said before this game, if you don’t pressure Brady, he will pick you apart.
We got 3 INTs on him, yet our offense only got points from one of them.
We should have won the game.
The one pass to Lazard that was intercepted, the D-back should have been flagged for PI. But the refs missed it.
The NFL got what it wanted. Brady in a home game super bowl.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Winston threw over 5,000 yards and 33 TD's with that team last season when they went 7 - 9. He also threw 30 INT's, but when you have a dominate defense, that shit don't matter.

Yet, everything is about Tom Brady. He did have a good year, he threw over 4,500 yards, 40 TD's and only 12 INT's. That plus 7 TD's and minus 18 INT's helped get them four extra wins.

Brady was carried by the Buccaneers, not the other way around. That narrative FOX kept shoving down our throats annoyed me from the kickoff.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Winston threw over 5,000 yards and 33 TD's with that team last season when they went 7 - 9. He also threw 30 INT's, but when you have a dominate defense, that shit don't matter.

Yet, everything is about Tom Brady. He did have a good year, he threw over 4,500 yards, 40 TD's and only 12 INT's. That plus 7 TD's and minus 18 INT's helped get them four extra wins.

Brady was carried by the Buccaneers, not the other way around. That narrative FOX kept shoving down our throats annoyed me from the kickoff.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Our team gets a lot of help from the officials, but nothing like Brady. He can't even throw the ball on a line anymore. Yet here he is, lobbing it all over the field and still getting to SBs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
macbob
3 years ago

You said it was the worst coaching job. What made it as such? The three spots that bothered me the most were end of first half and the offensive series following the 2nd and 3rd picks. They had a chance to take the lead and the offense flopped. The plays that were ran seemed to need a lot of protection and slow developing. I was thinking they just keep moving the chains like they had been doing.

First of all, let me say I like Mike LaFleur and think that he's done a great job in turning us around from the declining spiral we were in (and despite the defensive call / lapse at the end of the half, I really like Pettine as well. He's taken a unit that was consistently bottom dwelling (as in #31 or 32) and got them into the top 10 (#9) defense).

That said, I don't agree with going for the field goal at the end of the game.

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

1) We go for it and score and make the 2 XP: Game is tied 31-31; we don't HAVE to get the ball back; just keep TB from scoring IOT go to OT. If we hold them and get the ball back, we only need a FG to win.

2) We go for it and score but miss the 2 XP: We're losing 29-31; have to get the ball back; but only need a FG to win.

3) We go for it and don't make it: we're losing 23-31; TB gets the ball inside their 10 yd line and we have to get the ball back; possibility of good field position if we hold them but still need a TD & 2 XP to go to OT.

4) Kicking the FG: we're losing 26-31; have to get the ball back; and still need a TD(!!!) to avoid losing.

Obviously, the scenario outcomes would rank 1 (31-31; need FG to win), 2 (29-31; need FG to win), 4 (26-31; need TD to win), 3 (23-31; need TD and 2 XP to go to OT).

What bothers me is that I don't think #4 (still needing a TD) is that much better than #3 that I would pass on the opportunity for #1 (and a tie game) or #2 just to avoid ending up in #3.

It wasn't my call to make, but if it had been I would have gone for it. If kicking the FG got us within 3 and we just needed a FG to tie, then I could see it; but as it was #4 left us still needing a TD to avoid the loss.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

First of all, let me say I like Mike LaFleur and think that he's done a great job in turning us around from the declining spiral we were in (and despite the defensive call / lapse at the end of the half, I really like Pettine as well. He's taken a unit that was consistently bottom dwelling (as in #31 or 32) and got them into the top 10 (#9) defense).

That said, I don't agree with going for the field goal at the end of the game.

Here's the scenarios as I see them:

1) We go for it and score and make the 2 XP: Game is tied 31-31; we don't HAVE to get the ball back; just keep TB from scoring IOT go to OT. If we hold them and get the ball back, we only need a FG to win.

2) We go for it and score but miss the 2 XP: We're losing 29-31; have to get the ball back; but only need a FG to win.

3) We go for it and don't make it: we're losing 23-31; TB gets the ball inside their 10 yd line and we have to get the ball back; possibility of good field position if we hold them but still need a TD & 2 XP to go to OT.

4) Kicking the FG: we're losing 26-31; have to get the ball back; and still need a TD(!!!) to avoid losing.

Obviously, the scenario outcomes would rank 1 (31-31; need FG to win), 2 (29-31; need FG to win), 4 (26-31; need TD to win), 3 (23-31; need TD and 2 XP to go to OT).

What bothers me is that I don't think #4 (still needing a TD) is that much better than #3 that I would pass on the opportunity for #1 (and a tie game) or #2 just to avoid ending up in #3.

It wasn't my call to make, but if it had been I would have gone for it. If kicking the FG got us within 3 and we just needed a FG to tie, then I could see it; but as it was #4 left us still needing a TD to avoid the loss.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

You outline what the problem is with the first three scenarios. I explained in a different thread why going for FG was right. I've tried going against that, but it's illogical. King doesn't get PI then Rodgers has ball with one timeout and about 90 seconds. Why would anyone fight this or not see this? People act like two point conversions are gimmies.

I'll keep trying to rationalize different scenarios, but the FG gives you best chance to win is where I keep landing on. Same scenario as Panthers in December. At first, I also said I would have gone for it on fourth. I would have been wrong, lol.
UserPostedImage
macbob
3 years ago

People act like two point conversions are gimmies.

I certainly didn't assume the 2 XP would be good. I liked our chances from the 8 yd line more than I liked our ability to stop TB from making a first down (given our 3rd down ineptitude to that point in the game), and with one first down being basically all that TB needed to drain our TOs and run out the clock.

Not stating it as a fact: it was my opinion at the time and still is (after letting the emotions settle down) that it was a bad call.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I certainly didn't assume the 2 XP would be good. I liked our chances from the 8 yd line more than I liked our ability to stop TB from making a first down (given our 3rd down ineptitude to that point in the game), and with one first down being basically all that TB needed to drain our TOs and run out the clock.

Not stating it as a fact: it was my opinion at the time and still is (after letting the emotions settle down) that it was a bad call.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Going for it on fourth down is the bad call. You're burning up clock. Plus, you probably won't convert. And then you need a high pressure FG to win. If it's converted, you have to prevent the other team from a high pressure FG. Or go to overtime.

Or kick FG, don't pass interfere and give Aaron MVP Rodgers the ball with one time out and nintey seconds to get ya to the Super Bowl.

I dunno. Game on the line, I want it resting on the arm of Rodgers. Not the defense. Not a coin flip. Not a FG attempt. The more I think about this, I'm astonished folks could fathom going for it is a good decision. I need to think more about it.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

I'm just not sure a Head Coach going into his third year wants to upheave two of his coordinators that fast. Special Teams is more about player discipline than much else. Mason Crosby is still playing amazing. JK Scott can't seem to punt it more than 50 yards anymore. Coverage units are plugging people in and out and it seems no one understands lane integrity.

I don't think we lost in the playoffs because of special teams. Even though the offense was inept, I think the defense is what is lacking. They cannot manufacture pressure on the QB consistently.

But isn't it Mennengas job to make sure his guys understand lane integrity and how to stay disciplined in them (like you mentioned in a post before this)? I mean, if it's that simple why not switch to another guy (not being facetious here, just legit curious)? I can't imagine he's the only ST coach in the NFL working new guys on a regular basis.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

This is probably the thing that's killing me the most about this. Just a nonstop media circle jerk on how Brady transformed a losing team into a Super Bowl contender when he's been low key mediocre/bad this postseason. When Mannings arm was gone in 2015 and he was being carried by the Broncos D, everyone just dogpiled the guy to call him washed up even though he reinvented himself as a game manager/check down guy. Brady throws weak floaters up for grabs and it seems like no one is pointing it out.

Our team gets a lot of help from the officials, but nothing like Brady. He can't even throw the ball on a line anymore. Yet here he is, lobbing it all over the field and still getting to SBs.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yep. All his accurate stuff downfield had no heat on it. When he did put something on his throws they had no accuracy. There's a reason why Belichek transitioned from a high flying downfield offense to a grind it out, short pass/death by a thousand cuts style of offense as Brady started aging and they started losing guys.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

But isn't it Mennengas job to make sure his guys understand lane integrity and how to stay disciplined in them (like you mentioned in a post before this)? I mean, if it's that simple why not switch to another guy (not being facetious here, just legit curious)? I can't imagine he's the only ST coach in the NFL working new guys on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Yes. I don't know what authority he has though. Offense and Defense get priorities over players. Special Teams can say I can't use player X or Y anymore, I need player Z. Offense can say, no, I need player Z for offense. I do not KNOW that is how it goes, but it's how I assume it goes based on what I've read and heard in conferences. Basically, I think Special Teams gets treated like the ugly duck and is viewed more like a punishment.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.