Zero2Cool
2 years ago
After the conclusion of the 2007 season, Brett Favre said he saw the talent behind him. He said he felt Aaron Rodgers was ready. If you question this, just watch Favre's press conference. The man is retiring from the NFL and NUMEROUS times talks about Rodgers.

Fast forward to 2021 and Ian Rapoport says Rodgers is seeking "security" and let's assume that is true. That would mean Jordan Love is damn close to being ready.

Let's dig slightly into this absordly criminal comment from Rapoport. Does anyone, DOES ANYONE think Aaron Rodgers (current NFL MVP for 3rd time) is needing SECURITY from the Packers? Are we really to believe Aaron (2020 NFL MVP) Rodgers is insecure about being QB1?

I'll give Rapoport a break here. I think the security inferred here is more aptly defined as control over his future. Based on things I've heard Rodgers say, I feel that is important to him. First, he wants to be a Packers player for his entire career, and second, if that's not possible, he wants to have input on his next team.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
I can understand that. But to hold them hostage (not just the Packers, but his teammates and the fans) to try to get that? He’s getting more money then most of the team combined. What kind of example to the other guys does this send?

You can’t always get your cake and eat it too. Should the Packers be forced to guarantee him 5 more years on the books? What if his talent tanks this or next year? The salary cap will kill years if the future of the team.
Look how Favre went from almost taking the Vikings to the super bowl one year, to falling off the face of the earth the next. It happens.
As truth is, we haven’t had any real talk from either side, it’s hard to figure out what’s really going on.
I don’t know what to believe.
Now I wish it would just go away......either way.....once and for all.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
I am not going to replay the clip to get the exact wording but Rapoport said there is nothing new other than the stupid joke Aaron Rodgers had on his tshirt.

To your comment Z, I think Aaron knows that Love or someone is going to replace him. Eventually. He is trying to make sure it is 4 or 5 years down the road instead of 1 or 2 years. I get it. I hate the way it is being done. Could it have been done differently? Maybe. Maybe not. I don't say I blame a 16 year vet for not wanting to go through the OTAs and other stuff. It gets boring. Nevertheless he's a part of a team and should be the leader of the team. Shut up. Show up and give it his best.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
AMEN WPR!
A true leader leads by example.
I can’t help but wonder how his teammates REALLY think about all this. How can they NOT be frustrated with Rodgers. Their best chance at a ring is with Rodgers as QB. And he’s throwing all of them under the bus to try to get his own way.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
Aaron made a power play, and lost.

The team now owns him for three years. Aaron can retire, or he can play one more year. That's all the team is asking.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I am not going to replay the clip to get the exact wording but Rapoport said there is nothing new other than the stupid joke Aaron Rodgers had on his tshirt.

To your comment Z, I think Aaron knows that Love or someone is going to replace him. Eventually. He is trying to make sure it is 4 or 5 years down the road instead of 1 or 2 years. I get it. I hate the way it is being done. Could it have been done differently? Maybe. Maybe not. I don't say I blame a 16 year vet for not wanting to go through the OTAs and other stuff. It gets boring. Nevertheless he's a part of a team and should be the leader of the team. Shut up. Show up and give it his best.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yes, he knows he's not going to play forever. He acknowledged he thought he'd finish his career in GB and with one team. Draft of Jordan Love altered his perspective on it. Based on his words, it means a lot to stay with one team his career. He probably (note I said probably as this is me speculating) wants some guarantee through 2023 season he won't be traded. That'd get him into or right up against 40 years old and Packers start Love fourth year and decide on fifth year option.

I just don't know Rodgers has three great years left. I believe Matt LaFleur system rejuvenated his career trajectory.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I know some pundits will misconstrue this as wanting input on the decisions and being butt-hurt over a bottom depth WR. That is wrong.

I'm speculating that Aaron Rodgers would appreciate being included on some of the discussions. Even with that being said, I am not sure how the Packers could have had a discussion with Aaron before his comments about Jake Kumerow. I believe his comments came right after a practice or something. Are they going to pull him in to an office before his media duties?

UserPostedImage
isocleas2
2 years ago
At this point I don't think you can put the genie back into the bottle. The Packers brass has had enough of Rodgers shit and want to move on to Love next year.

Rodgers wants security which means fat guaranteed money and/or a no trade clause (which he can waive if it's to a team he wants to be traded to). If the Packers give him that Rodgers will be running the show and his trade value with the clause would be severely reduced.

I think all you can do is call his bluff and force him to show up or be a holdout. If he holds out ultimately the Packers win the public relations war and can still trade him next offseason.

Any compromise deal at this point is unlikely imo, I was hoping they'd strike a deal keeping Rodgers here for 2 more years but at this point it seems clear the divorce is happening next offseason.

Prediction: he shows up just before he starts missing game checks.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.