beast
2 years ago

Unless I'm missing something, the part about Richard Sherman is kind of bullshit. Taking a headline and mass media raping the fuck out of it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This whole thread is becoming bullshit...

The Subject was Jon Gruden getting fired based on his old emails, ...

Then political bullshit hating on Disney and ESPN comes up, which absolutely has nothing to do with Jon Gruden or his emails... (yes he worked at ESPN, but how does that play into the story? It doesn't, it's completely bullshit)

Also I really don't like Richard Sherman at all ... and he got arrested for domestic violence but I thought that was because he was trying to wrestle his wife's uncle?

And yet the article claims he's playing despite violence against woman... I lost track, but when did his wife's uncle become a woman?

And Jason Whitlock, automatically bullshit...

This entire thread has become basically pure bullshit!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Sherman didn't touch anyone. He hit a door. That's what I remember. Don't even know if the charges stuck or were dropped. So confusing. Hate we even hear about charges cuz they are trumped up every time and pled down. I know first hand. I had three felony charges and immediately was dropped to 4th misdemeanor. Fuck you nosy assholes who feel it's your right to know this criminal shit. Go play Tetris.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Oh and screw Jon Gruden. He sucked on ESPN.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2 years ago
Gruden was an overpayed mediocre coach for the Raiders. The real story here though is some faceless chickenshit weasel that searched through emails to find dirt and then released that information to the public.

Woodson had the right message on this issue IMO
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

Gruden was an overpayed mediocre coach for the Raiders. The real story here though is some faceless chickenshit weasel that searched through emails to find dirt and then released that information to the public.

Woodson had the right message on this issue IMO

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

This is something I didn't realize until I was looking at other football message boards and that all this was found from an investigation into the WFT and their never-ending fuckups. The NFL threw Gruden under a bus to cover up other, bigger problems from the WFT because Snyder probably has some dirt on the owners while Gruden doesn't.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
Three thoughts

1. I have no problem with canning Gruden, other than the hypocrisy is oozing from the NFL. [list]
  • Deshawn Watson, accused of sexually assaulting 24 women, continues to draw from his $177 million salary.
  • Every rapper the NFL has performing at the Super Bowl has more offensive lyrics than Jon Gruden had in his emails[/list]Make no mistake about it, the anti-Goodell comments are the impetus...without those, we never would have heard a word of it.
  • 2. Earthquake made the best point of the entire thread, the arrogance and stupidity of people putting this stuff in emails or any other electronic record is mind-bogging.

3. WFT is/was troubled in many ways per NYP

Washington cheerleaders furious over topless photo leak in Jon Gruden scandal
    By Jenna Lemoncelli
    October 13, 2021 3:32pm Updated

Former WFT cheerleaders are calling on the NFL to release the full results of its investigation into the team’s workplace culture — following allegations that inappropriate photos of squad members were secretly distributed by coaches via email.

The alleged photos were discovered in emails reported by the New York Times Monday, which exposed Raiders head coach Jon Gruden for using racist, homophobic and misogynistic language. Gruden resigned from his position Monday.

According to WFT cheerleaders, who spoke with the Daily Beast Tuesday, emails showing images of topless cheerleaders from a past swimsuit photoshoot video were allegedly passed around by Gruden to then-WFT general manager Bruce Allen.

Gruden, at the time, was a color commentator for ESPN, and Allen had hired Gruden’s brother Jay to coach the team.

In the 10-minute video, first reported by the Washington Post in 2020, WFT staffers were allegedly instructed to take behind-the-scenes content at the swimsuit photoshoot, to package and create a video featuring only “the good bits” — reportedly of bare nipples and pubic areas while cheerleaders were changing clothes or moving around. According to the outlet, the video was shared with WFT team owner Daniel Snyder, who later denied the allegations.

At the time, a number of cheerleaders came forward with complaints of inappropriate behavior — and hit the franchise with lawsuits alleging a secret, uncensored video taken at a cheerleader photoshoot was distributed to team executives. The lawsuits were settled out of court.

The NFL’s investigation into the WFT’s culture and workplace initially concluded in July, resulting in a $10 million fine against the team. It was reopened this summer to review some of the 650,000 emails involved in the review — and that’s when the images came to light as part of the accusation that took down Gruden.

Melanie Coburn, a four-year WFT cheerleader and the squad’s marketing director for 10 years, created a petition Friday, aimed at the NFL and WFT to “do the right thing for women” and “make Washington’s sexual misconduct investigation public.”

“It’s despicable, really, to see that there is more evidence of exploitation and violation of these cheerleaders who I worked very closely with,” Coburn told the Daily Beast, adding, “I know that there’s a lot more where these emails came from.”

On Tuesday, attorneys for 40 former WFT employees released a statement, calling for the NFL to release the full findings of its investigation.

Candass Correll, a WFT cheerleader from 2016 until 2021, told the Daily Beast that cheerleaders still have not seen the investigation report or its results despite being “the actual victims” of the situation.

“If it wasn’t for [the New York Times article,] we would’ve never known that those pictures were going through the mail servers between these two really important people in the NFL,” she said.

Lacy Thibodeaux-Fields, a former cheerleader for the Raiders, said the latest email scandal involving Gruden was further evidence of a “misogynistic, racist, very sexist culture.”

She too called for the release of the full investigation report.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    beast
    2 years ago

3. WFT is/was troubled in many ways per NYP

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I agree, and the scary part is based on the NFL's actions... this might be a lot bigger than WFT...

I mean, think about this, your report there says Gruden (whom doesn't work for the team) sent it to the team President...

Um, why does a guy outside the team have something before the head boss does? Unless it was his brother that sent it to him...

But still, we haven't seen a coverup like this since Spygate... which Goodell tried to secretly bury... and when caught... he did what he had to do out publicly.

Here, they're trying to bury it, and they're not even be secret about it... and while the Gruden stuff got out, they're not acting like they caught, so I'm thinking there is a mega huge secret we still don't know about!

And while I 100% thought Goodell was leaking the Gruden stuff, to get payback at Gruden... especially with how PFT out it, the NFL was basically non-reactive publicly to the Gruden stuff, which suggested either they did it, or they're alright with it, or the person that did it, has even more secrets and NFL is trying to play nice with them or cover that up.

But while Goodell is quite stupid with football (as he always puts business over football), he's not (normally) stupid with PR. And any leak, even payback leak just opens this story up, and makes people want to know more... which Goodell would know that.

I'm thinking... either

[list=1]
  • Gruden is just a small fish for Goodell and he's actually going after some one bigger like the Redskins owner...

• That his isn't Goodell leaking this, but someone that works/worked for the NFL, and they're leaking it, and the NFL is in panic mode trying to cover up something that is bigger... while that mystery person is chummy the waters trying to get the media sharks to come feed and get the bigger story.

• Remember, Goodell tried to cover up for Spy Gate and someone leaked that... that when the NFL switched their stance on social justice that was partly after someone in the NFL media secretly worked worked with players to make a video and leaked it and the NFL got behind that... so it's not like the NFL hasn't had a ton of leaks on senative issues.

I don't think Goodell would chum the waters of this story just to get back at Gruden...

But others would... and remember this first broke when voting for the NFLPA President... the timing almost helped him, would that be Goodell or maybe a former player that now works for the NFL?
    [/list]

UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    2 years ago
    Part of me kind of hopes the greedy as hell NFL burns down. Healthy dose of humble pie for the eager greedy punks.
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    2 years ago
    This is why I don't think Goodell would of leaked this on purpose to go after Gruden, and either it was a larger target or not Goodell...

As Goodell darn well should of known this was a possible follow up to those leak and put him and the owners in an absolutely horrible position if their sponsor back the people.

So either they're going after the teams owner or was someone else... I'm thinking it was someone else, that didn't like what Gruden said and maybe wanted to help the Union President and/or go after Gruden.

To get WFT emails, pressure is being placed on NFL sponsors

Last year, pressure from sponsors prompted Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder to abandon his all-caps NEVER refusal to change the team name. Now, sponsors of the league are being asked to pressure the NFL to release the emails obtained through the recent workplace investigation.

A letter from various former employees of the organization to the chief executives of Verizon, Anheuser-Busch, Amazon, Pepsi, Nike, and Proctor & Gamble urges these companies to demand that the NFL reveal the results of an investigation into “one of the biggest scandals of the #MeToo era.”

The letter specifically cites the recent resignation of Raiders coach Jon Gruden, fueled by the release of selected emails from the WFT investigation, as the basis for releasing more of the documents, specifically as it relates to Snyder.

“We do not understand why the NFL seems intent on protecting Dan Snyder and the WFT at all costs,” the letter explains.

“That is why we call on you,” the letter continues. “While the NFL has refused to heed the calls for transparency and accountability from former WFT employees, advocacy groups, lawyers, or the media, it will have to heed such a call from its corporate sponsors. If the League has shown us anything, it is that money, and only money, talks.”

Indeed it does. And if the sponsors become motivated to speak out — as they should — that could break the dam at a time when nothing else will.

Profootballtalk  wrote:

UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    2 years ago
    The thing that irritates me most is they couldn't wait a week or two before having this blow up. The team more or less quit last week giving the bares an easy win. I just heard that more than a few Raiders had their worst PFF game ever. Others were well below their norm.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.