nerdmann
2 years ago
McCarthy would have dropped this game, 100%. Which is why it's such a problem that Aaron keeps running the McCarthy offense. Six runs in the first half.

Once again, the MLF offense asserts itself in the 2nd half, and once again, this team stabilizes, establishes consistent dominance

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

McCarthy would have dropped this game, 100%. Which is why it's such a problem that Aaron keeps running the McCarthy offense. Six runs in the first half.

Once again, the MLF offense asserts itself in the 2nd half, and once again, this team stabilizes, establishes consistent dominance

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Mike McCarthy isn't the coach here anymore. We have Matt LaFleur. The Packers have moved on, how about us fans do the same? 😁😂🤣😍
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Kevin from Los Angeles, CA
First half, the Packers were a soft, slow and unprepared team. Second half, they came out, punched the Bears in the mouth and took what they wanted. Seems to boil down to that to me. Am I off base?
LaFleur did a reset at halftime. He focused his team and re-committed it to the original game plan, which was to control the line of scrimmage and protect a quarterback on a bad toe. The divide between the two teams is huge. The players know it. The Packers might've lacked a sense of urgency at the start of the game.

I agree with Vic here.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Mike McCarthy isn't the coach here anymore. We have Matt LaFleur. The Packers have moved on, how about us fans do the same? 😁😂🤣😍

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How about the QB does the same.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
2 years ago
-Nice to see DeGuara developing into a consistent contributor. Not to jinx him, but he's looking better and better.

-Rasul Douglas is looking like a genius doing that thing Woody used to do, baiting the QB into thinking the guy is open, then jumping the route. Teams will see that on film and run double moves with a pump fake. That's the counter. Hope he knows that, adjusts.

-Yet another game where we start running the offense in the second half. It's like flipping a switch.

-Any word on Turner?

-Tyler Ervin is available. I know he gets nicked up, but he can field punts consistently. Just sayin.

-You don't have to fire Drayton. Have him stand on the side while someone else shows him how to get ST prepared for a game. Maybe he will get some pointers on how it's done.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
Mondays are always more enjoyable after beating the bares.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

-Nice to see DeGuara developing into a consistent contributor. Not to jinx him, but he's looking better and better.

Yes absolutely, losing Tonyan isn't a good thing, but Deguara is developing faster and your getting to know what you have for the future better because of it. Also there is a possibility that Tonyan will tHey p enough to resign for next year now.

-Rasul Douglas is looking like a genius doing that thing Woody used to do, baiting the QB into thinking the guy is open, then jumping the route. Teams will see that on film and run double moves with a pump fake. That's the counter. Hope he knows that, adjusts.

Douglas is doing great things, but I don't think he's doing the Woodson thing. Woodson went outside the system to freelance (and publicly would admit it at times despite the DBs coach strong reference that they don't do it and aren't allowed to do it). Woodson would set up the bait himself making it look like he was covering something else.

That's not what Douglas is doing, Douglas is playing within the system and sitting in his zone, with a route being set up underneath him, and if the QB hits it early, the WR was open, but it's more of a check down and later I'm the QB progression. But Douglas is holding his ground until the QB locks on and then he pulls the trigger. But that's something an athlete CB with good zone skills does, not the above and beyond that Woodson is given credit for.

-Yet another game where we start running the offense in the second half. It's like flipping a switch.

The offense was being run most of the first half too, just wasn't having success. They had to make adjustments to their gameplan, give the Bears credit, they out coached the Packers before the game and Packers coaches had to make adjustments.

-Any word on Turner?

-Tyler Ervin is available. I know he gets nicked up, but he can field punts consistently. Just sayin.

-You don't have to fire Drayton. Have him stand on the side while someone else shows him how to get ST prepared for a game. Maybe he will get some pointers on how it's done.

No word on Turner yet and I figure any quick word might be bad news, and with how that got rolled up on and his reaction, I'm thinking he's missing next week at minimum. I was surprised how quickly they ruled him out, as sometimes players are officially listed as questionable forever even if you darn well they aren't coming back for the rest of the game.

For Turner, I think a sprain would be the good possibility, and ACL would be the horrible one.

I was pushing for the Packers to resign Ervin before the season, but he's had a couple of try outs and no team has even signed him to a PS. That's not a good sign for him...

Or maybe it's the Packers lack of depth and talent for ST coaches to work with. After all the Packers are down to what their 7th CB, 8th OLB, 10th OL and the 4th Safety is often an healthy scratch which is just crazy to me especially since the top 3 play on defense, so a CB has to be a backup Safety too.

Then on top of the pregame injuries, your two best ST WRs go down and one of your best ST TEs in game...

Other than ILBers and DL what healthy bodies did the ST have to work with?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
I'll just leave this here.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago
Just gonna leave this here
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.