beast
a year ago
Hey despite Zero2Cool's lack of faith, I got one pick correct 😁

1) Edge Jermaine Johnson II, Florida State
1) DT Devonte Wyatt, Georgia

1) DT Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
Wyatt didn't get as much attention as some others on the DL as he's the small one at 6'3" 315lbs, but of their interior guys he was their best pass rushers.

I just love the idea of getting four great guys on the DL with Gary, Clark, Wyatt and Johnson for long time.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Brian Gutekunst hasn't drafted someone over 22 years old in round one. I don't think that changes this year.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

We have no idea what Wyatt (or Walker) is going to be. He could be a stud. He might take two years to provide and production. He might retire in December. No one knows anything yet, but for the love of God, it is OK to be excited about rookies. This kid should help the Packers defense. As Aaron Rodgers said yesterday, DEFENSE WINS CHAPIONSHIPS.

Absolutely, also DTs usually seem to suck as rookies and come on after their rookie years, I think they need a year to adjust to NFL OL vs college, the strength and quickness.

Of course, at times there are exceptions, but I try to never expect much from a rookie DT (well rookies in general, but especially DTs).

But I'm very excited, I've been waiting two stud DTs for a while and Clark is a natural NT (0,1 technique across from the center) and he's the best NT in the entire NFL. But he's also been the Packers pass rusher, and they've needed to put their best interior pass rusher at the 3 tech (outside OG shoulder), so they had to use Clark there, which I'm sure Clark loves as it's more of a flashy and fan notice role, but he's a natural NT, elite run stuffing with better pass rushing than any NT in the NFL.

But Wyatt can play the 3 tech which is his strength, and Clark can play the NT which is his strength. And if they stay healthy, Gary, Clark, Wyatt, Smith... someone (or two) is going to be getting one on ones!

Also with this scheme, Barry loves to have six man boxes (light against the run) and have 4 man pass rushes, these picks certainly help that.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a year ago
Love this pick over the Quay one. Our run defense just got better.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Hey despite Zero2Cool's lack of faith, I got one pick correct 😁

Originally Posted by: beast 

I completely avoided anyone over 22 with my round one picks. I also was confident no chance Packers draft ILB in round one after re-sigininig their All-Pro ILB.

You know nothing, Zero2Cool!!!
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

I completely avoided anyone over 22 with my round one picks. I also was confident no chance Packers draft ILB in round one after re-sigininig their All-Pro ILB.

You know nothing, Zero2Cool!!!

Absolutely, and I was under the assumption that the Packers preferred using a Safety as the dime LB/S role as other than drafting ILB Burks they haven't seemed to even attempt to change it in over a decade... maybe two πŸ€”

So I thought they'd go for another Safety first, and Vikings did pick up Georgia's physical safety at #32.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
Oh that he were 2 years younger. 🀣
So arbitrary.
I gotta admit I would like it if he was younger but then another team would have snatched him before #20.
Domestic issues are odd to say the least. I know a guy who was in the middle of a divorce. His wife screamed and spit at him and in general made life miserable. Once when she blocked a doorway he put his hand on her should to squeeze past. That's assault. She laughed and ran to the phone and called the police. He was arrested.

It's kind of like ray Jennings in Draft Day. Just because the police come and charges are filed, it doesn't mean you did something wrong. Wyatt may have. I don't know what happened.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Domestic issues are odd to say the least.

I don't know how often Wyatt got in trouble, but I did read one article about what happened when he got arrested for domestic.

What happened was the cops got called for two people arguing, when they cops came tried to talk with them, they were outside, the girl stopped, the guy (Wyatt) walked away to his apartment building.

Sounded like they were BF and GF and each had their own building and room near each other (maybe dorms) but they were often sleeping in each other room.

They got in an argument while I'm his room, she left, and locked herself in her room. He followed, and he got aggressive with the door, trying to get her to open up the door. It didn't explain how they got from her door room to outside...

Though sounded like there wasn't any claims of touching each other in anger.

But the police found out they were cohabitating and there was damage (to her door) and it sounded like under the law of that jurisdiction, that can be considered domestic violence as there was some damaged property.

And I'm sure the police officers weren't happy about him walking away.

But I know states are getting stricter and stricter rules, because too often police were getting called and trying to calm everything down and/or making someone leave, and then once the cops were gone, the person would come back and it'd start all over again. So more laws about the police have to ensure someone isn't going to bother the other person for the next 12 hours or so, and the easiest way to do that is to order the police to arrest someone for the night if they can prove it's a domestic issue.

So allegedly he damaged a door... and not a person. That's not good... but it's not what most people think when they thinking domestic violence either. Also no word, on how damaged the door was... Like, did it simply have his show print on it, and need to be cleaned? Or did they have to fix anything? No word on that level.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Devonte Wyatt was surprising because I have NEVER seen Gute or Ted touch a player with a domestic violence history. Also were some academic issues at Georgia. Both huge red flags to me, and A LOT of teams had taken him off their draft boards. Gute says he dug deep on his character, I will accept that. It is concerning though.

I know some here will tell me the 3 or 4 incidences of domestic violence are no big deal. I should just shut up about it, because he is a good player. I will again say that it is concerning.

Hopefully, he has found the help he needs, and will be a welcome addition to the locker room.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Domestic Abuse isn't something to joke around about, but if you know anything about law, you know they have a lot of one-size fits all labels. I know first hand how asinine charge descriptions can be. I'd say what was on my record and get this wide-eye look and after 20 seconds of explaining, the reaction would be "they charged you with THAT??".

Trouble is, you weren't there, so you don't know what actually happened. You only get the (sometimes) arbitrary label the law applies.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

Domestic Abuse isn't something to joke around about, but if you know anything about law, you know they have a lot of one-size fits all labels. I know first hand how asinine charge descriptions can be. I'd say what was on my record and get this wide-eye look and after 20 seconds of explaining, the reaction would be "they charged you with THAT??".

Trouble is, you weren't there, so you don't know what actually happened. You only get the (sometimes) arbitrary label the law applies.

As I said, I accept Gute's explanation for why he feels Wyatt is a high character individual, even with having a few incidents involving DV. I do believe Gute when he said he didn't take the charges lightly and fully looked into the full character of the individual.

The multiple charges and 3 different incidents is what is concerning. I do hope he is on a good path now. Gute says he is. Good enough for me.

If you personally got charged with some BS once, I also understand that as well. Just in my interaction with you here I would vouch for you as a good person. Maybe a little bat sht crazy, but I am as well.🍻

Not judging anyone here, just want to make sure if this pops up again while he is a Packer, people are not like "well what did you expect?" He had multiple DV charges when you drafted him.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

If you personally got charged with some BS once, I also understand that as well. Just in my interaction with you here I would vouch for you as a good person. Maybe a little bat sht crazy, but I am as well.🍻

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Don't let Zero fool you. He panders for attention and is a real jerk most of the time. It's amazing any of us hang out with him. πŸ€ͺ

He's like the little brother I never wanted.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? πŸ₯Ί I think that means you missed more than half of them 😒
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead πŸ€ͺ
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.