Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
a year ago
I have noticed with all the political ads, that the only thing the democrats are hanging their hats on is abortion.
Acting like how HORRIBLE the republicans are for trying to protect innocent unborn children. And as far as in the case of rape or incest, it should be okay to take the life of the child. How about we kill the rapist? Or the male that raped a relative?
While Wisconsin's current governor is letting violent offenders out on the street early.
I heard Evers say all the great things he is going to do if reelected. Uh, why didn't he do those things during the last four years? Why should anyone believe he's going to suddenly do good things?
To me, abortion shouldn't be used as contraception. Or out of convenience.
Honesty, if abortion was ONLY used in cases of rape or incest, you'd get rid of 99% of abortions. But abortion is big business. So that's a big reason why they want to keep it legal.
Just my opinion of course.
I know there are people here that will agree with me, but most likely won't speak up for fear of attack.
But to me, if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you believe in the Bible, you know that God said that John the Baptist jumped for joy in his mother's belly when he heard Jesus was coming. God knew us while we were not yet born.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
a year ago
Here's another point to consider.
If a man pushes a pregnant woman down a flight of stairs, and she loses the unborn baby, why is the man charged with murder?
Yet if a woman chooses to kill the fetus, it's acceptable?
My point is, either unborn children are human babies, or they are not.
Who makes the "choice" shouldn't matter.
Either it's murder or it's not.
And if that is what your political side is the main thing they are using to try to sway voters, that seems mighty weak to me. There's a lot more wrong that should be targeted then that.

Ron Johnson (republican) has been attacked for making money with business with China. Yet JOE BIDEN gets a free pass for his and his son Hunter has received for their sketchy deals with China. Johnson has been on the up and up with his LEGAL
business dealings.
Again, my opinion.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Abortion rights is possibly the most intractable moral issue we as a society face, and the price being paid with regards to who gets elected and what they do once elected is a tragedy for our nation, abortion rights being amongst the least of those consequences, imo The polarization between the powers in the parties is so great that any crack that can be utilized will be manipulated and exaggerated, spun, etc., largely dependent upon the polls that day, week month. There is a pretty big chasm on this issue, at least as expressed and/or manipulated. An abortion right may be morally repugnant to so many, but it might be a price to pay for living in an ostensibly free society. Brutal question, but for me, I remind myself that the job of God is taken.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
a year ago
When unborn children are considered expendable, how much lower morally can this country go? Why do you think the crime rate has gotten so bad over the last 50 years? When human life itself has no value, how can they expect the moral compass of this country to go up? You are teaching people that you can do what you want (have as much sex with however many people as you want) with no consequences. Get pregnant? Just flush the child away! You don't have to raise the child. Kill it, and go onto the next "partner".
And we wonder why there are school shootings. All the "YOU are SPECIAL!" YOU MATTER crap they are teaching kids. How about "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Again, when killing babies doesn't matter, you can do expect these kinds of things.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Honestly, Alan, we get it.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Why do you think the crime rate has gotten so bad over the last 50 years?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I would suspect part of it is because kids are having kids and because both parents are expected to be working to make due. Therefore, we don't have mom raising the kids all day, they are instead at child care through age five. Studies have shown our personalities are all but developed by age five.

When you have people having kids who are too young to learn how to adult themselves, I suspect that would contribute to some people growing up without morals, accountability and respect for others as well as a lack of self-awareness.

Here are some numbers about crime rate.
https://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm 
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
a year ago

I would suspect part of it is because kids are having kids and because both parents are expected to be working to make due. Therefore, we don't have mom raising the kids all day, they are instead at child care through age five. Studies have shown our personalities are all but developed by age five.

When you have people having kids who are too young to learn how to adult themselves, I suspect that would contribute to some people growing up without morals, accountability and respect for others as well as a lack of self-awareness.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm sure that's also part if the problem. 2 parent families are rare today. So add that with what I previously said is a recipe for disaster. My parents taught me to respect authority, and to be responsible for my actions.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Major props for bringing your point of view, Alan. Major props to Kevin for letting the conversation flow. A lot of cowardice from most. I'm not going deep, but for some small examples... Does no one question why you cannot comment at all on CNN or MSNBC while concurrently calling FOX News "faux news" where you can? This raises no intellectual curiosity? There are a myriad of things we seem to take for granted as consumers of information I find bothersome. To me, it is all so profoundly leftist that when Alan opts to whip out his views, I find it courageous. And dhaze, go ahead and wear your cheesehead at your Trump rally, you nut! Lol
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
a year ago
Dave, thank you for the compliment!

I don't give me views to try to be a jerk. I do it because some people don't even think of some of these things. I know it opens me up to attack. These things are very important to me. So I put myself out there.
If it makes even one person think about it, then it's worth taking a chance at getting my toes stepped on.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Kevin makes some great points here. Children who grow up in families who are ill-equipped to raise them are much more likely to be involved in crime.

When we look at the numbers, crime rates have halved since peaking in the early 1990s and are lower than they were in the 1970s.

You have to go back to the 1960s to see years in which per-capita crime rates were lower than they have been in the last 10 years. And 1960s crime figures are problematic because if you look at murders, they were committed at a similar rate compared to modern times, however, the rate of reported rape was much lower in the 60's. Are we becoming a society of crazed rapists? Most likely not, it's simply much more common for rapes to be reported, as well as domestic violence and other crimes against women that were historically underreported due to fear of retribution, stigmatization, etc. And in the last few years rapes against men have been included in the statistics, resulting in a notable jump in those figures.

https://law.stanford.edu/publications/the-impact-of-legalized-abortion-on-crime-over-the-last-two-decades/  - the summary:

Donohue and Levitt (2001) presented evidence that the legalization of abortion in the early 1970s played an important role in the crime drop of the 1990s. That paper concluded with a strong out-of-sample prediction regarding the next two decades: “When a steady state is reached roughly twenty years from now, the impact of abortion will be roughly twice as great as the impact felt so far. Our results suggest that all else equal, legalized abortion will account for persistent declines of 1% a year in crime over the next two decades.” Estimating parallel specifications to the original paper, but using the seventeen years of data generated after that paper was written, we find strong support for the prediction and the broad hypothesis, while illuminating some previously unrecognized patterns of crime and arrests. We estimate that overall crime fell 17.5% from 1998 to 2014 due to legalized abortion— a decline of 1% per year. From 1991 to 2014, the violent and property crime rates each fell by 50%. Legalized abortion is estimated to have reduced violent crime by 47% and property crime by 33% over this period, and thus can explain most of the observed crime decline.

There are valid reasons to be against abortion but concerns over the rate of crime is not one of them. An outright ban on abortion would almost certainly result in increased rates of crime.

Here is my more general take on abortion:

It should be up to the woman, their family, and their doctor to assess the situation and make the decision.

In more extreme cases like incest and rape, requiring women to go through the trauma of not only being raped but carrying their rapist's baby to term and the life-long psychological side effects that will have on them is simply unconscionable in my view. Doubly so in cases involving children.

There are many cases where going through with a birth has a high likelihood of killing either or both the mother and child, and in these cases, it should be considered on an individual basis, and is not something an out-of-touch politician should be deciding.

In cases where there are bans on abortion, there need to be exceptions for rape, incest, and situations that pose a significant threat to the lives of mother and child.

This idea that abortion is used as a form of casual contraception is nothing more than a fantasy. Chances are someone you love has gone through an abortion and the very last thing it was was casual, easy, or poorly considered. In all likelihood, it was an extremely difficult and heart-wrenching decision to make.

At the end of the day, abortion is going to happen regardless of what the laws say so it should be performed by medical professionals and should be as safe as possible.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.