Zero2Cool
a year ago

The offseason is underway for 30 of the NFL's 32 teams and they now know the salary cap they'll be working with in 2023. The NFL informed teams that the cap will be set at $224.8 million for next season. That's up from $208.2 million for the current season and reflects the uptick in revenue [more]

Continue Reading @ Josh Alper 

Josh Alper wrote:

We super screwed huh
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
Only $17 millon over the cap lol, no problem we will just be paying for players that are on other teams lol. Maybe they will let us win a few games because of it? I don't see Aaron Jones or Rodgers back and I see Bahk gone also and we will be signing a lot of low priced players and most draft picks will make the team. Wow I just looked at some of the contracts to see what we could cut and we kicked a lot of contracts down the road. 

1 - Preston Smith  is under contract till 2026 :(
2- Mason Crosby is a Million dollar cap hit if we don't sign him to a contract
3- Dean Lowry  $1.86 million
Damn and we only excerisied the 5th year option on Gary? So he will be leaving the following year lol. We don't have to many veterans on this team if you look.

Take the salaries of the top 10 paid and we are at $165 million, which leaves $59.7 million for the for the other 43 players.

This reminds me of the Sherman days when we had to let all of the oline go because of the piss poor slaray cap management.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago
Should Russ Ball lose his job? 

Let’s see how they handle this situation. I think Rodgers is definitely gone. 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
Rodgers is not gone. He's got a $99.7 mil dead cap hit. His $31 mil cap is a little tough to take but it is doable. 
Bak is still here. They can add a couple of void years and make it all very affordable.
Gary is not going anywhere. After all the adjustments are made they will sign him to a 5 year deal with a $100 mil signing bonus.
Preston, Lowry and Crosby are not the issue. They can keep them or let them go.
I can see Cobb going after this season but it is not the money but it helps.

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago

Rodgers is not gone. He's got a $99.7 mil dead cap hit. His $31 mil cap is a little tough to take but it is doable. 
Bak is still here. They can add a couple of void years and make it all very affordable.
Gary is not going anywhere. After all the adjustments are made they will sign him to a 5 year deal with a $100 mil signing bonus.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I believe his dead cap is terrible in 2024 if he stays with Green Bay. I don’t think there’s anything we can do about it in 2023 but I don’t know anything about the salary cap.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

I believe his dead cap is terrible in 2024 if he stays with Green Bay. I don’t think there’s anything we can do about it in 2023 but I don’t know anything about the salary cap.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Nor do I. Both Overthecap and Spotrac say $99.7 mil in 2023. 
His cap hit in 2024 is $40 mil. Dead cap $24 before June 1 and $16 after June 1. Whether or not it is accurate, IDK.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Rodgers contract is a unique contract, Andrew Brandt has even said certain aspects about it, he's never ever seen in a football contract before.

Plus Rodgers has openly stated, if he's traded, he'll have to adjust said contract...

So I wouldn't spend too much time into figuring his out... because there are options and different ways one could read things and it could all be changed in a month...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Plus Rodgers has openly stated, if he's traded, he'll have to adjust said contract...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Only pointing this out because the context matters here as I know some will freak out.

I believe Aaron Rodgers said "I don't think there would be a scenario where I'd come back and that would be the number.. definitely things would have to shift" 

Source.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Rodgers cap hit is $40 million and if he plays its $31 million. As a youtuber pointed out if they bring Rodgers back they will have to bring Cobb, Mercedes and Lazard back and then your looking at almost $50 million easily so it would be better off just getting rid of Rodgers. Also I ask you how much do you want to keep kicking down the street? We are already in a shit hole with tons of dead cap down the line go look at contracts lol. Look at 2024 salaries as is and you have the top 9 guys is taking up $190 million of the salary cap.  Look closer the top 3 is $97 million between Rodgers, Bahk, and Clark  we need to bit the bullet and move on from Rodgers and Bahk . This is what happens when you don't play smart and you just keep pushing stuff down the line. I hated Ted Thompson but he had the balls to know when to let players go and not pay them. I don't see that with Gute and they let Rodgers pull a Lebron James and ruin the team by demanding he says who gets paid and who don't.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

Rodgers cap hit is $40 million and if he plays its $31 million. As a youtuber pointed out if they bring Rodgers back they will have to bring Cobb, Mercedes and Lazard back and then your looking at almost $50 million easily so it would be better off just getting rid of Rodgers. Also I ask you how much do you want to keep kicking down the street? We are already in a shit hole with tons of dead cap down the line go look at contracts lol. Look at 2024 salaries as is and you have the top 9 guys is taking up $190 million of the salary cap.  Look closer the top 3 is $97 million between Rodgers, Bahk, and Clark  we need to bit the bullet and move on from Rodgers and Bahk . This is what happens when you don't play smart and you just keep pushing stuff down the line. I hated Ted Thompson but he had the balls to know when to let players go and not pay them. I don't see that with Gute and they let Rodgers pull a Lebron James and ruin the team by demanding he says who gets paid and who don't.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Because a youtuber sitting in his basement knows so much more than the Packers front office about how to run a $4 billion dollar organization right? He knows exactly what they plan to do even though THEY DON'T know all their options yet.   🤔

So many people were screaming for the Packers to "GO ALL IN". This is what happened. AR12 is in his latter years. They took a shot. 3 TIMES! It didn't pan out. Now they need to work on fixing the cap mess. It can be done. 
You know, it's so frustrating to read how Rodgers is running Gute and his staff around. He was upset a few years ago about not being a part of the conversation. That has been repaired. He asked for Cobb to be signed. That was done. It's not as if he is the ne demanding certain players be signed or kept or he's going to have a meltdown. Yet that narrative keeps on going and going and going and going and going.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.