beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago
https://lombardiave.com/2023/03/07/packers-players-free-agents-next-week/ 

Green Bay Packers 2023 unrestricted free agents 

Adrian Amos, S
Adrian Amos has played every game since signing with the Packers in 2019. A talented veteran safety who can help any defense in the league. 

Allen Lazard, WR
A reliable receiver and an excellent blocker, Allen Lazard can make any offense better. But will he remain in Green Bay? 

Mason Crosby, K
Mason Crosby is Green Bay’s all-time leading points scorer and has played every game since being drafted in 2007. An incredible run. 

Keisean Nixon, CB
Keisean Nixon was a first-team All-Pro after leading the NFL in kick return yards. The Packers need to re-sign Nixon, who is a great returner and also contributes on defense. 

Marcedes Lewis, TE
Marcedes Lewis has been one of the best blocking tight ends in the NFL in recent years, but he turns 39 this offseason. 

Robert Tonyan, TE
Robert Tonyan is a solid pass-catcher and caught 11 touchdowns in 2020. It wouldn’t be a surprise if the Packers brought him back on a one-year deal. 

Randall Cobb, WR
One of Aaron Rodgers’ greatest-ever wide receivers. It won’t be a surprise if Randall Cobb’s future is determined by where Rodgers is playing. 

Jarran Reed, DL
Jarran Reed had a solid first season in Green Bay but perhaps didn’t make the impact many had hoped, finishing with 2.5 sacks.  

Dean Lowry, DL
Dean Lowry had a career year in 2021 but struggled this past season. It feels like a good time for the Packers to move on. 

Dallin Leavitt, S
Dallin Leavitt was a valuable special teams contributor for Green Bay in 2022. 

Rudy Ford, S
Rudy Ford also contributed on special teams for the Packers and stepped in as a backup safety, making three interceptions and forcing a fumble. 

Eric Wilson, LB
Most of Eric Wilson’s snaps came on special teams, where he played well. 

Corey Ballentine, CB
Another special teams contributor, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Corey Ballentine is back next season. 

Justin Hollins, EDGE
Justin Hollins made 2.5 sacks in six games, showing he can provide valuable pass-rush depth.

Who should we resign? At what price point (High, Medium or Minimum)? And who should we let leave?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Who should we resign? At what price point (High, Medium or Minimum)? And who should we let leave?

Originally Posted by: beast 

The stickler for rules that you are. I'm confused. If you resign someone, how can it be at any price point as they'd essentially be released? 😂

Joke aside, this is good topic to discuss on who to RE-SIGN though. 😋
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
a year ago

The stickler for rules that you are. I'm confused. If you resign someone, how can it be at any price point as they'd essentially be released? 😂

Joke aside, this is good topic to discuss on who to RE-SIGN though. 😋

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

By that, I meant like, I might say
Resign LB Eric Wilson and CB Crey Ballentine, but only at bare minimum and guarantee nothing, as they have to make the roster to earn their money as they very well might be replaced.

Where some other player, like I might say resign Amos to a one year prove it deal, to make sure he's still got it after a very bad year (for his normal standards) but if someone offers him big money, let him go.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
I like Reed. Wyatt should draw some attention, allowing Reed to make some plays. 

Rudy Ford. Justin Hollins.

I've loved Amos. Solid vet, always in the right place at the right time. Not sure tho. Is he falling off or is this a Joe Barry effect? Ted always moved a guy a year early, rather than a year late.

Mason Crosby, might have some life left in that leg. Wasn't there an injury or something? Bring him back if he's ok, but don't overpay. He knows how to kick in the Tundra, but again, a year to early is better than too late.

Keisean Nixon might get paid. Make him a deal.

Marcedes Lewis provides veteran leadership, helps out these Ts. Can't run anymore, but can still catch.

Robert Tonyan, if we draft a TE, it's gonna take a year (probably two) to get him up to speed.

Dallin Leavitt, good depth guy. 

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
BOOM.

Nixon, back in da house.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago
I think the guys like Ford and other guys who were brought on board for special teams. I think they'll be back. I am guessing Mason Crosby is going to re-sign too. Some of the others listed are probably going to be filled with amazingly athletic 7th rounders 🤣🤣
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
a year ago

I think the guys like Ford and other guys who were brought on board for special teams. I think they'll be back. I am guessing Mason Crosby is going to re-sign too. Some of the others listed are probably going to be filled with amazingly athletic 7th rounders 🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Gute suggested he thought Crosby's leg would be stronger this year as he wouldn't be coming off surgery like last week.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
I would like to see Crosby back. He seemed to bounce back last year and I think another year with a competent special teams coach will be a good situation for him. He probably won't demand a huge salary so I would rather not risk trying to find a new kicker. Also it will be amusing/amazing if Crosby ends up being here before and after Rodgers' time as a starter. Who would have guessed that?

It would be good to see Lazard back too, if the salary isn't too much for a #3 sort of guy. If they let him go they won't really have any established veterans at WR (assuming they do not bring Cobb back either). I doubt this happens though, someone will probably overpay.

I would like to see Amos return too. He's had two years of significant decline here if we go by PFF's ratings. But the defense as a whole had a down year. If the unit plays better next year, I think we might see him rebound. Again, at the right price - mid-level vet contract, not sure if this is feasible though.
blank
beast
  • beast
a year ago
I think Lazard is long gone and joining whatever teams pays him the best and has an elite QB.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago

I think Lazard is long gone and joining whatever teams pays him the best and has an elite QB.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Mostly likely. Maybe to the Jets even. I just worry about starting Jordan love with no savvy vet at WR - or bringing one in that isn't familiar with him, the system, etc. I think Watson and Doubs are going to be good and I'm optimistic about Toure, I just don't know who Love's safety blanket will be without Lazard.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.