Zero2Cool
a year ago
I've been sidelined the last week or so for multiple reasons. I won't go into the personal reasons because it's been proven this place isn't a safe place for me. And frankly I don't really feel like being mocked again. I'll just say that I think we should all try to remember every single one of us (yes, even you) are fight a battle that NONE of us have any clue about. 

The other reasons are the whole Aaron Rodgers leaving Packers thing is exhausting. Rather, I should say, I allowed it to exhaust me. I'm in an enviable position where my current job is going through a super slow period and thus leaving me with a lot of open time. I've been filling that time learning new skills for my career and also reading and listening to nearly everything Packers on the internet. I always have tried going to the source to hear word for word what they've said and interpret the tone. e.g. Aaron Rodgers often times comes off like a prick the way he engages with reporters, however, he has a personal relationship with many of them. We are actually seeing inside joking that comes off as arrogance to us. This leads to a problem we fans have. We (sometimes) forget these athletes are people and have lives that are not recorded by video and made available for worldwide consumption.

Over the last several weeks I got into a few back-and-forth with some reporters on the Tweeter. I'll say I was aiming for accuracy, however, I know my disdain for the media is as obvious as an elephant in a living room.  It was amusing at times, especially when these reporters have no other recourse than to block you because eyes have been opened to the dispensing of false information, or at least, partial facts anyway.

Eventually, it got to a point where I started asking myself, am I making a difference? Does anyone really care about facts/accuracy? Does anyone really care about the truth? Am I doing this to help others, or am I doing this selfishly for myself as some "know it all" pompous ass? Ultimately, I felt like I was using a gallon pale trying to save the Titanic two hours after it hit the iceberg while no one cares. So many just want to sit on their lazy as and BE ENTERTAINED rather than finding something useful to do with their time. You can say this is where the pot met the kettle.

It sure seems more than ever we collectively dismiss the cart as bad because of one squeaky wheel rather than appreciating the three that are silently working solid. That saddens me. Such is life though. You can only control what you can control.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
"Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more"
Kerry Livgren- Kansas

It kinda works until the last line.
I'm glad you got a chance to vent a little. Most people say that they want the truth but in reality they want what they perceive to be the truth.

As far as AR12 is concerned, I read and listen to very little of it. There's nothing new to say and only about 5 people in the world know the whole story but that doesn't stop people from talking about it as if they are in the know.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Sorry I'm an asshole sometimes, this place should be a safe place.

I hope you feel better soon.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
Social Media, FB,Twitter....ect
To me anymore is just a bunch of trolls that only care about their opinions,  you don't agree with them,  you will be attacked.

I blocked 5 so called Packer websites after I realized they were only interested in "clicks" over any real substance.

That's why this place has evolved into something special,  members can come here and express their opinions without being attacked.
There will always be differences in opinions, but that's not a bad thing.

As long as everyone realizes I sm always right, I have no problem!!!!!😃😃😃

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
a year ago

Does anyone really care about the truth?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Quid est veritas?

What is true is that this site is very cathartic for many of us and you are blessing.

Go Packers!!!!
go.pack.go.
a year ago
I really enjoy this site. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into it. I don’t always post a lot, but generally I am on here reading everyone’s comments a couple times per day when I get a spare moment. I am very thankful to have a place to come talk with fellow Packer fans about what’s going on with the team. I live in VA and have no other Packer fan friends in “real life”.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

Social Media, FB,Twitter....ect
To me anymore is just a bunch of trolls that only care about their opinions,  you don't agree with them,  you will be attacked.

I blocked 5 so called Packer websites after I realized they were only interested in "clicks" over any real substance.

That's why this place has evolved into something special,  members can come here and express their opinions without being attacked.
There will always be differences in opinions, but that's not a bad thing.

As long as everyone realizes I sm always right, I have no problem!!!!!😃😃😃

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You spelled "am" wrong. Just saying. 🤪
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I really enjoy this site. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into it. I don’t always post a lot, but generally I am on here reading everyone’s comments a couple times per day when I get a spare moment. I am very thankful to have a place to come talk with fellow Packer fans about what’s going on with the team. I live in VA and have no other Packer fan friends in “real life”.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Thank you.

I find most enjoyment reading other people debating and talking to one another here. I liken it to watching your kid play around having a good time. It's a similar enjoyment/feeling for me.

It really gets to me at times I haven't provided a better "user" experience website though. I know I can, but every time I get into rebuilding the site, I get distracted by something, or I simply think about 30 different things to add on. I really need to just focus one weekend on a Minimum Viable Product, build that, get it out and then just add features to it. 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

Thank you.

I find most enjoyment reading other people debating and talking to one another here. I liken it to watching your kid play around having a good time. It's a similar enjoyment/feeling for me.

It really gets to me at times I haven't provided a better "user" experience website though. I know I can, but every time I get into rebuilding the site, I get distracted by something, or I simply think about 30 different things to add on. I really need to just focus one weekend on a Minimum Viable Product, build that, get it out and then just add features to it. 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The website is fine. Spend the weekend with your family.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

The website is fine. Spend the weekend with your family.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I only have my daughter 50/50, so I have every other weekend "open". 😁
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (49m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.